Sun, 14 December 2014 @ 1:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 63 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
    I'd really love us to play well and win, leaving nothing for dippers or dipperfest (MOTD) to whinge about.

If Handsome Tevez did a Forlan that would be golden.

MUFCgal

A good convincing win for us would be lovely, completely banish the memories of last season and to put those feckers in their place.

A goal from Falcao, and OT going potty with his song, would be delightful too :)

NJM78

A nervy 2-1 win, think we will coast to 2 nil and then concede second half and defend like crazy until the 94th minute with big Dave saving the day again!

Rooney, RvP and that cnut Gerrard.

Hopefully four at the back please God.

---------De Gea
    Valencia-Evans-Rojo-Young
    ------Carrick Herrera
    ---Rooney Mata Di Maria(if fit otherwise Afro)
    --------Van Persie

Subs - Falcao, Januzaj, McNair, Rafael, Wilson, Fellaini, Lindegaard

Jerch

Football expert, apparently.
    If you look curently fit then Sterling yes, Enrique is not even best LB at Liverpool but it is close between Moreno and Young, Young is in better form but at the end he is not primarely a LB so you can argue Moreno has to be in the side, Johnson absolutely not, Valencia is better and if he wanted to put another Liverpool player in it could be Henderson with different formation, absolutely Mata in Gerrard place in this formation.

Jammydodger7

How on earth does Starfish get the pick ahead of di Maria?
    He's an idiot as I've just wrote in the Merson thread but to be fair to him I think he's picking this team based on the fact that di Maria won't be fit for it, which I don't think he will.

Jammydodger7

Liverpool will take the lead with their inevitable penalty, We'll equalise on the stroke of half time with RVP scoring, the Falcao will come on and score the winner in the 92nd minute :devil:

RORY65

Am I the only one that thinks Charlie Nicholas' team is reasonable enough? I think he and Alan Smith have only picked players who are fit, explaining the absence of Di Maria and potentially Shaw, Rafael and Sturridge. He's only put 4 Liverpool players in, two full backs who aren't great but are actually full backs unlike Valencia and Young, Gerrard over Fellaini which is fair enough and Sterling who lots of people are suggesting we should try to get in the Transfer Forum. I suppose another debate is who the best manager is, we'd surely win that discussion which is a massive change from last year.

Jaxa

Football expert, apparently.
    You do know he wouldn't be allowed to just choose all United players right? out of there pick of dross players he has chosen the least shite with the exception of Johnson possibly.

Lewis.no.9

I went with Shaw and Young as fullbacks. But having seen todays training pics, im sure Rafael will get the nod and Young will carry on at LB. I think thats stronger than Valencia.

I hope that Di Maria is back. I would drop Mata for this and play Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera,Di Maria,Rooney,RVP if he is.

I also went with a 3-1 win to us

Jerch

A documentary on rivalry between us and Liverpool. I often watch it before the derby just for reminder how big this game is.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
    Would a win banish the memory of last season humiliation?
    If we won 5-0, yes. Although part of me would love to win in the 90th minute with Van Persie capitalising on a slip by Gerrard. :p

FacerTheRed

I went with Shaw and Young as fullbacks. But having seen todays training pics, im sure Rafael will get the nod and Young will carry on at LB. I think thats stronger than Valencia.

I hope that Di Maria is back. I would drop Mata for this and play Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera,Di Maria,Rooney,RVP if he is.

I also went with a 3-1 win to us

Fellaini behind Rooney and RVP? i get you can play the long ball to him but he's no way creative to play in that area. That position is all about being the play maker. link up the play between the midfield and striker, keep the ball moving around the final third and slip in them cheeky balls in at the edge of the box etc.

So if Mata was dropped and Di Maria is fit, i'd rather have Di Maria in the whole and Felliani in RCM and Herrera in LCM.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Think he'll go for:
    De Gea
    Valencia Evans Rojo Young
    Carrick
    Fellaini Herrera
    Rooney
    Falcao Van Persie​
    Him saying falcao could make a return this weekend makes it sound like he'll start. Though I kind of think he'll play Mata ahead of Herrera as well to have the left footer in midfield. Shame Di Maria is out but I still hope we smash them.

Barry Crocker

He may play Rojo LB and bring back Jones into CB along with Evans. Hope Rafa plays RB aswell but i guess its a big game to throw these injury prone players into straight after a long lay off. Knowing their injury records they will probably both break down after 10 minutes!!
    Think a front 3 of Rooney, RVP and Falcao will really worry Liverpools defence, and all are more physical than Mata aswell which is important in a derby.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
    Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana vs Young, Carras, Valencia isnt ideal to be fair, and dont trust evans/rojo one bit. Key will be Herrera, if we play Carras, Fellaini, Mata it can turn out bad easily, with Herrera we get ourselves one creative player.

Jaxa

Wouldn't mind this

Granted it's risky throwing two players in just back from Injury but Rafael knows how much these games mean and believe he would thrive on it, I was tussling over Jones or Evans and even though i think Evans will get the nod he done nothing in our last game to convince me he should start.

AgentP

Wouldn't mind this

Granted it's risky throwing two players in just back from Injury but Rafael knows how much these games mean and believe he would thrive on it, I was tussling over Jones or Evans and even though i think Evans will get the nod he done nothing in our last game to convince me he should start.
    I would go with this too. Lvg said Falcao will be involved in this game but not sure whether he'd start.

Irrational.

It's quite interesting looking at our line-up from the last time we beat them emphatically (3-0 in 2008).

Van der Sar,

Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra,

Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson (Tevez 73), Giggs (Nani 73),

Rooney.

Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Hargreaves, O'Shea.

We only have two survivors from that team that would be available for Sunday in Rooney and Carrick. Of the others, Nani's half the players he was, and Anderson has turned into a pseudo-mascot.

It's amazing how much better the above squad looks compared to our current one, despite our superstar signings this summer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 92% of 1132 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 823 ratings.

Score Predictions