Manchester United vs Liverpool | Match postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

Last four Man United v Liverpool PL games in Old Trafford was three draws and one 2-1 Man United win.

Liverpools have lost just 1 of their last 7 away PL games.

V Leeds 1-1
V Wolves 0-1
V Arsenal 0-3
V Sheffield United 0-2
V Leicester 3-1
V Tottenham 1-3
V West Ham 1-3

And against Leicester in February it was a game Liverpool were on course to getting at least a draw until Alisson had a brain fart.

Hopefully United can repeat the Old Trafford FA Cup victory over Liverpool this Sunday but I don't think anyone should be surprised if this match ends in a draw.

Gandalf

Going to go with

Henderson
AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred
Greenwood Bruno Pogba
Cavani
Pretty much picks itself. I have a sneaking feeling Lindelof may be rested, he was clearly struggling late against Roma and we know he has a back issue. I know we are also managing Marcus because of his ankle and so the smart play is to let him sit on the bench and hopefully he won't be needed. I know it is very unlikely we rest Marcus but honestly if he can skip this game and the dead rubber against Roma it will do him a world of good.

Red Royal

Probably one of the most low key scouse games we have had for a while. Of course want to crush them, but really not too concerned. Hopefully as it gets nearer the rivalry kicks in. Will be great if we can get close to the swashbuckling style of play we did in the last half we played.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
——————-Henderson
Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Telles
————Bailly———Tuanzebe————
—-Greenwood -VDB —Pogba
———————Rashford

Subs : Bruno, Cavani, Shaw

Just shows how much we need a reliable midfielder.

A young carrick right now would be brilliant.

I fear Mctominay and Fred May pick up an injure soon with the amount of work they are getting through.

I mean I wouldn’t be against putting Bailly in the midfield.

Even Bailly and/or Tuanzebe, they can run around a lot and know how to defend and are decent passers.

I don’t know but I feel Ole May rest one of them.
This would be utterly comical to see.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Same XI but with Greenwood instead of Rashford and Dean instead of DDG. Or may be rest Cavani since he had full 90 minutes.

Not sure if I trust Matic in this type of game after his shit show vs Leicester.

peridigm

Rashford needs a rest but Ole will probably start him. I'd rather see us start with this.

Henderson
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred
Greenwood Bruno Pogba
Cavani

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Im feeling decently confident about this fixture for the the first time in a few years.

Hopefully Greenwood and Pogba start on the wings and Cavani in the middle. James or Rashy to come on around 65/70. It won’t be easy but I think we can win this 2 or 3 -1

lost7

I want Rashford to start. Against Liverpool in the FA cup this year his pace created all sorts of problems to their defence and I'm convinced he's got Arnold's number. So, that would mean Pogba should be moved to the midfield for one of McTominay or Fred

SirScholes

I think Cavani gets rested
It’s not what I want but all focus is on the EL now

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We'll go 0-1 dpwm om the first half.
We'll win the 2nd half 1-0.
Prediction: 1-1.

Has anybody noticed that we are absolutely a 2nd half team. We consistently struggle to do anything right in the 1st half and we tend to win the 2nd half.
It would be interesting to know if we have ever been beaten in a 2nd half, this season.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

They have nothing to lose in this match and have a few days of rest more than us so it could be tricky if they come out all guns blazing.

We certainly need to start out in good shape and focused. Lucky for us they struggle with finishing, so we'll win it 2-1. Counter-attack and a penalty in the 93th minute :)

432JuanMata

Strongest team v Liverpool, Roma, or both...?
Do you know Ole ?. It’s obvious we should go full strength Liverpool half strength Roma but Ole will go full strength both. I seen Bruno has 52 games this season for us, then internationals and he has the Euros. Hope we beat Liverpool and rest him a lot

Red00012

They have nothing to lose in this match and have a few days of rest more than us so it could be tricky if they come out all guns blazing.

We certainly need to start out in good shape and focused. Lucky for us they struggle with finishing, so we'll win it 2-1. Counter-attack and a penalty in the 93th minute :)
They have a lot more to lose than us , we are more or less guaranteed 2nd , they are trying to get 4th . A loss and they are finished for the season.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

They have a lot more to lose than us , we are more or less guaranteed 2nd , they are trying to get 4th . A loss and they are finished for the season.
Yeah i meant more as in they need a win desperately, so they will go all in from start :)

lysglimt

Scout
It is so important not to lose this game. I want us to win of course, but for once it's more important to make sure Liverpool don't win than to win ourselves. A draw for Liverpool today and they can probably say goodbye to C.L - and that combined with the effects of the pandemic can basically screw up any major transfer plans they have for the summer.

Roosney

About time to beat the Scouse. When was our last win? With LVG on the wheel :thinkingface:

Havak

Pokemon master
I really don't have the 'big game feel' for this one and I'm amazed there's only two pages of discussion on a Man Utd v Liverpool game when the game is tomorrow. I guess I'm not the only one who isn't as hyped as usual?

Might be harsh on Rashford as he isn't really playing the positions he'd want to, but I'd like us to go with the team that faced Roma with Henderson & Greenwood replacing De Gea and Rashford.

I want us to go and play football against this Liverpool team to test where we are at.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
We will draw and Ole will be brandished as a manager who lacks the ability to garner wins against top sides. rinse and repeat.

Lee565

Anyone else believe this is the perfect game to protest heavily outside the stadium against our owners, dare I say it but maybe even join forces with the liverpool fans in a show of unity of fan power against owners that don't care about the history of their clubs?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
With Leicester drawing last night, this match has even more importance to Liverpool than to us in terms of trying to get into Europe and us maintaining our 2nd place position.

Plus when you consider how deep we are into the season, many of the players have clocked up some major mileages, we will need to be careful how we utilise them in view of some key fixtures coming up. Any soft tissue injuries now will mean that they are done for the season.

I think we should park the bus or low block for this match and prepare to counter-attack when the opportunity presents itself. They have had 8 days off come Sunday. They will be full of beans.

Rest Cavani. James, Greenwood and Rashford up-front though I am weary of over-playing him vis a vis his persistent injury. Maybe Amad or Elanga instead.

Last edited:

Gerald G

Don't know about Rashford's fitness but if he's fit enough, I'd play him on the left. At least start him there because he usually has the beating of Trent.

The back six should remain the same:
Pogba--Bruno--Rashford
Greenwood​

We can change it during the first half and put Rashford up top, Pogba on the left and Greenwood on the right.

Obviously I'd like Cavani to start but think he will be on the bench.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
With Leicester drawing last night, this match has even more importance to Liverpool than to us in terms of trying to get into Europe and us maintaining our 2nd place position.

Plus when you consider how deep we are into the season, many of the players have clocked up some major mileages, we will need to be careful how we utilise them in view of some key fixtures coming up. Any soft tissue injuries now will mean that they are done for the season.

I think we should park the bus or low block for this match and prepare to counter-attack when the opportunity presents itself. They have had 8 days off come Sunday. They will be full of beans.

Rest Cavani. James, Greenwood and Rashford up-front though I am weary of over-playing him vis a vis his persistent injury. Maybe Amad or Elanga instead.
Tf ? You've won the tie against roma already. Go for this game you can end their hopes.

Red00012

Anyone else believe this is the perfect game to protest heavily outside the stadium against our owners, dare I say it but maybe even join forces with the liverpool fans in a show of unity of fan power against owners that don't care about the history of their clubs?
There’s a protest happening tomorrow at 2pm.

Also what will Liverpool fans be in Manchester for? No crowds mate :lol:

Lee565

There’s a protest happening tomorrow at 2pm.

Also what will Liverpool fans be in Manchester for? No crowds mate :lol:
I get that but if they were to travel to Manchester to protest in unity with united fans against the American owners of both respective clubs before such a high profile match it would gain a lot of news attention

Alan Partridge

Hoping Ole has the balls to drop Rashford who has looked disinterested of late, especially on the right.

Cavani
Pog Bruno Greenwood

Looks much more comfortable and cohesive. With Greenwood also more liable to put more of a shift in.

lost7

Hoping Ole has the balls to drop Rashford who has looked disinterested of late, especially on the right.

Cavani
Pog Bruno Greenwood

Looks much more comfortable and cohesive. With Greenwood also more liable to put more of a shift in.
Rashford is the definition of a big game player. And he's got Arnold's number... I'm confident he's gonna play and perform very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.