Manchester United vs Liverpool | Match postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

So what would you do ? sit down and watch them take this club to the ground ?
They're not actually taking the club to the ground, though. I understand the frustration and anger but that's clearly hyperbolic.

Member 90887

They're not actually taking the club to the ground, though. I understand the frustration and anger but that's clearly hyperbolic.
Is it though ? depends where you place the bar. being in an around the top 4, sure, they're not taking the club to the ground. But becoming Arsenal mk2 and being happy with finishing 4 ? not even challenging ? being out of the CL more than being in it ? that's definitly drinving the club to the ground for me. At least, footballistically speaking.

Cast5

How, in the flying feck of fecks, have the Glazers lost a lot of power today?
The fans decided when the Glazers money making machine plays football, any time United fans decide they want to stop a game they can do it. The biggest game in the Premier Leagues calendar has just been cancelled. Come on pal, wake up. This is terrible for them and the premier league.

Jev

Is it though ? depends where you place the bar. being in an around the top 4, sure, they're not taking the club to the ground. But becoming Arsenal mk2 and being happy with finishing 4 ? not even challenging ? being out of the CL more than being in it ? that's definitly drinving the club to the ground for me. At least, footballistically speaking.
We're second in the league (unless the fans have cost us a points deduction today, great job guys) and favourites to win the Europa League. We've spent fortunes on players since Fergie left, more than enough to stay competitive. The fact that we haven't been is down to failings of various managers rather than a lack of spending. You can criticize the Glazers for many things but honestly, a lack of spending is not one of them.

Cast5

We're second in the league (unless the fans have cost us a points deduction today, great job guys) and favourites to win the Europa League. We've spent fortunes on players since Fergie left, more than enough to stay competitive. The fact that we haven't been is down to failings of various managers rather than a lack of spending. You can criticize the Glazers for many things but honestly, a lack of spending is not one of them.
Can you tell us all what the Glazers have spent? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Not sure about losing power but at least 500mil of united fans world wide will hear about this. It will be on the news, the commercial side will take a hit. Next sponsorships due renewals will be asking questions. This is manutd vs liverpool we talking about here. It may not be much but its a start. Don't agree with vandalism mind.

El Zoido

Well it sure as hell lets them know that despite them being the owners, “their” team can’t even take to the field if we choose to disallow it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
They have hired bad managers though. But i agree they have spent the money. But hiring bad managers curtails that. Granted there is only about ten top managers in the world and they are in high demand.

OrcaFat

The protesting is not bad in itself of course. As GNev said, protesting is a right and we fans have had enough of the Glazers. The problem is the timing during COVID restrictions and the appalling behaviour of the few.

The actions of the minority shouldn’t detract from the message of the peaceful majority but it will. Which is why the idiots deserve every bit of lambasting and possibly prosecution they get: they’ve diluted and distracted attention away from the message. They have no place among our fans, in my view, but the irony is the harm they do to their own cause.

If the plan was to get the game called off they could have blocked the entrances to the stadium by staying outside. Getting every home game called off in this way could be effective in harming the club and in turn the Glazers. And that’s the thing to remember here, to harm the Glazers, we have to seriously harm the club first, otherwise we are just a minor annoyance.

UncleBob

The fans decided when the Glazers money making machine plays football, any time United fans decide they want to stop a game they can do it. The biggest game in the Premier Leagues calendar has just been cancelled. Come on pal, wake up. This is terrible for them and the premier league.
Ehm, no. The likely outcome is that the club will have to fork out a bit of £ for more security. It's not like someone has discovered the magic glitch to prevent matches until the Glazers feck off. They probably couldn't be less bothered, the amount of death threats towards them during the take over, protests etc, zero fecks given.

Not sure about losing power but at least 500mil of united fans world wide will hear about this. It will be on the news, the commercial side will take a hit. Next sponsorships due renewals will be asking questions. This is manutd vs liverpool we talking about here. It may not be much but its a start. Don't agree with vandalism mind.
The only questions they'll be asking are financial.

El Zoido

They’ve taken more out of the club than they’ve put in. They spend money to protect their business asset, it’s not from love of the club. We still need to be decently successful in order for them to keep leeching from us. Notice how they open their wallets when we miss out on CL, but all of a sudden they can’t find a pot to piss in when we’re in it.

UncleBob

Well it sure as hell lets them know that despite them being the owners, “their” team can’t even take to the field if we choose to disallow it.
You've got to be fecking kidding me. It's a piss easy solution, the amount of security will be increased, a lot, and Manchester United will have to pay for it. This was a one off.

always_hoping

Yep. Aside from the players not being fuelled up, which could easily be sorted, I'm surprised they didn't get it done tonight.

If they do it tomorrow, we'll just have to get 100s of police in to save the inevitable repeat.

If they move to another date we'll either be punished with 3 games in 6 days, or they'll have to mess another team up to fit it in.

Not sure when the rescheduled match will be played. Tomorrow maybe but two days before the squad fly out to Rome?

United remaining fixtures

Thursday May 6th Roma (A)
Sunday May 9th Villa (A)
Wed May 12th Leicester (H)
Wed May 19th Fulham (H)
Sun May 23rd Wolves (A)

Liverpools last 4 games

Sat May 8th Southampton (H)
Wed May 16th West Brom (A)
Wed May 19th Burnley (A)
Sun May 23rd Palace (H)

Jev

They have hired bad managers though. But i agree they have spent the money. But hiring bad managers curtails that. Granted there is only about ten top managers in the world and they are in high demand.
Well, first of all, I'm not sure they've had much to do with any of the appointments. They did hire Woodward, so there's that.

Second of all, how many of these fans who think they should be running the club actually opposed the appointments of LVG and Mourinho? I was part of a vocal minority against hiring Mourinho but I'm pretty sure the majority were behind both those decisions (with the mood more split on Moyes).

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not sure when the rescheduled match will be played. Tomorrow maybe but two days before the squad fly out to Rome?

United remaining fixtures

Thursday May 6th Roma (A)
Sunday May 9th Villa (A)
Wed May 12th Leicester (H)
Wed May 19th Fulham (H)
Sun May 23rd Wolves (A)

Liverpools last 4 games

Sat May 8th Southampton (H)
Wed May 16th West Brom (A)
Wed May 19th Burnley (A)
Sun May 23rd Palace (H)
Understand it will likely be played 15th or 16th May

Jev

Can you tell us all what the Glazers have spent? :lol: :lol: :lol:
1,3 billion pounds over the last 10 years, slightly surpassed by City or Chelsea, although our net spend is much higher than Chelsea's and second only to City.

RUCK4444

1,3 billion pounds over the last 10 years, slightly surpassed by City or Chelsea, although our net spend is much higher than Chelsea's and second only to City.
Shall we go and thank them for spending the money the club generates with or without them at helm?

Those clubs you list are where they are now BECAUSE of their owners, prior to them they couldn’t afford a weekend in Benidorm.

We are Manchester United, we were bigger than we are now when they got here, don’t hint that I should be grateful for them allowing us to buy a few players with the bottomless pit of cash we generate in spite of them.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Fair play to them then, cos I was under the impression they'd taken money out!

always_hoping

For those who don't understand:
• Glazers bought the club with a loan
• Transferred the debt of the loan to the club
• Have put £0 of their own money into the club
• All transfers have come from club revenue
• They have taken 2 billion from the club

Cast5

They’ve spent what???? News to me, Christ how long have you been a United fan?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That is what was infuriating with Souness, rattling on about how much money the Glazers have spent. Gary Neville should have pulled him up on that. They haven't spent a bean.

Cast5

Can you lend me 100 grand please? I’ll buy you a really nice car with it (can’t guarantee it will be 100 grands worth) Please can you not moan about the money I’ve spent on you? I will have spent a lot of my own money on you, at least be grateful.

Godfather

Shall we go and thank them for spending the money the club generates with or without them at helm?

Those clubs you list are where they are now BECAUSE of their owners, prior to them they couldn’t afford a weekend in Benidorm.

We are Manchester United, we were bigger than we are now when they got here, don’t hint that I should be grateful for them allowing us to buy a few players with the bottomless pit of cash we generate in spite of them.
Sums it up very well

always_hoping

Understand that the Liverpool West Brom game will be brought forward a few days to 11th / 12th May (midweek)
Fair enough so. If played May 16th, perhaps some fans can attend?
That is what was infuriating with Souness, rattling on about how much money the Glazers have spent. Gary Neville should have pulled him up on that. They haven't spent a bean.
A little bit of research would go a long way for Mr Souness.

RedDevilRoshi

Someone needs to send this to Graeme Sourness

Hoof the ball

Looked like they had more than 11 men out there today. On the plus side, that's probably the most movement I've seen off-the-ball since the Fergie days.

Josh 76

Due to crowd trouble, the postponed fixture will now have to be played behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.