Manchester United vs Liverpool | Match postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Perhaps there’s Covid protocols in place due to touch points - more likely is that the teams are so well prepared they have food etc at a certain point before the match to give them maximum energy levels and it just messes with preparation too much.
As time went on I thought about this second part.

I do some amateur running races and I eat specifically to a time, and 30min delay in a race can really ruck you up.
So magnify that for proper top level pros, and add hours on, and it's a mess.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I feel like we’d have heard it was going to be tomorrow by now, if it was going to be tomorrow

I feel like we’d have heard it was going to be tomorrow by now, if it was going to be tomorrow
Perhaps they want to announce it late so that they don’t get a repeat of today..?

i very much doubt that though, as there’s a lot of logistics and it would be leaked very quickly. It’s

Devil may care

A mate just said there's talk of 3pm tomorrow. But no idea if this is random nobber fans, or any legit journos...will try and find out.
I guess they might want to keep it an afternoon fixture as they won't want scenes like today at night time.

Eternitiy

Is there a possibility we are forced to forfeit the game? Will be furious if so.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I really thought they’d just push this to today, I wonder if the police have vetoed this?

If not today, which I’d say is near impossible now, when the feck do we play it?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I really thought they’d just push this to today, I wonder if the police have vetoed this?

If not today, which I’d say is near impossible now, when the feck do we play it?
Sunday 16th, same time. They’ll just move Brom-Pool to the midweek before.

Dan_F

Is there a possibility we are forced to forfeit the game? Will be furious if so.
There’s absolutely no chance of that. It’s probably the most watched game of the season and the tv companies worldwide would be more furious than you would be.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Pretty sure it would've been announced yesterday if the game was to take place today. Would probably be May 15-16.

diarm

Pretty sure it would've been announced yesterday if the game was to take place today. Would probably be May 15-16.
They might not want to announce it at all for fear of more protests.

Sparky Rhiwabon

May be played today but fully behind closed doors - not publicised that its being played, no media / press. Result published by the two clubs after the event.

MikeeMike

Steve from Liverpool writes

“If today’s riot had have happened at Millwall/Chelsea or, god forbid...Anfield – the reporting (sic) would have been 180 degrees different. By the way – any news on the Liverpool team? Sky were camped outside the vastly overrated Lowry weeping for their team inside. They never showed the slightest interest in Liverpool FC. Disgusting bias dominating English football, on and off the field, for the last 40 years.”

Lolski
Not even sure what this means. I don’t know position from Liverpool FC coach travelling to the game yesterday and if it was affected by protest. but to claim disgusting bias after
the Man City coach was subjected to a sustained attack of bottles and cans (no arrests) & Madrid coach damaged (no arrests)
No words

OrcaFat

May be played today but fully behind closed doors - not publicised that its being played, no media / press. Result published by the two clubs after the event.
What? I think that is the least likely of any suggestion I’ve heard.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nah, would be awkward in terms of broadcasting contracts as the Premier League would have to reimburse the broadcasters. It's the biggest money-spinner of the league games so wouldn't be cheap.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
We have spent money, wherever it came from, however it has been spent incredibly badly, because instead of having a football man involved, they let their lackey and his mates deal with everything.
There are no football men or women on the board. It’s stuffed with Glazers. There are no local community people, no fan representation.

Sparky Rhiwabon

What? I think that is the least likely of any suggestion I’ve heard.
Admittedly it seems far fetched but so does a game being called off due to fans breaking into the stadium really, we're kinda in unchartered territory here

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
For those who don't understand:
• Glazers bought the club with a loan
• Transferred the debt of the loan to the club
• Have put £0 of their own money into the club
• All transfers have come from club revenue
• They have taken 2 billion from the club
I was trying to explain that to my friend but i forgot one thing; Glazers bought us for around 1 billion as i recall. Did they put all dept on club or half?

Bestie07

I was trying to explain that to my friend but i forgot one thing; Glazers bought us for around 1 billion as i recall. Did they put all dept on club or half?
I think they bought us for about 790 million. Around a third out of their own pockets, and around two thirds as debt. Part of the debt was loaded on to the club and part of the debt was repaid by them at a later time (PIK loans).

Withnail

It's around £800m but all of the loans were against the clubs assets or shares in the club so the club was ultimately liable for the whole thing.

This type of thing shouldn't be legal.

Most of the capital used by Glazer to purchase Manchester United came in the form of loans, the majority of which were secured against the club's assets, incurring interest payments of over £60 million per annum. The remainder came in the form of PIK loans (payment in kind loans), which were later sold to hedge funds. Manchester United was not liable for the PIKs, which were held by Red Football Joint Venture and were secured on that company's shares in Red Football (and thus the club).

Withnail

I think they bought us for about 790 million. Around a third out of their own pockets, and around two thirds as debt. Part of the debt was loaded on to the club and part of the debt was repaid by them at a later time (PIK loans).
Repaid by them from money generated by the club?

I'm also not sure where this 'out of their own pockets' comes from. I don't think that's true.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's around £800m but all of the loans were against the clubs assets or shares in the club so the club was ultimately liable for the whole thing.

This type of thing shouldn't be legal.

Most of the capital used by Glazer to purchase Manchester United came in the form of loans, the majority of which were secured against the club's assets, incurring interest payments of over £60 million per annum. The remainder came in the form of PIK loans (payment in kind loans), which were later sold to hedge funds. Manchester United was not liable for the PIKs, which were held by Red Football Joint Venture and were secured on that company's shares in Red Football (and thus the club).
Yeah, i was talking about euros and at that time euro and pound was in around 20% difference.

Ok, i get mostly all story of course but one thing i still don't. How the feck they pulled out 1 billion?
Our income was around 500-600 mil last few years. After we repay part od loans, part of transfer fees, wages, dividends and other costs, we generate "only" 30-40 mil profit. They take that profit plus dividends x 15 years?
Stupid question i know but ...

Bestie07

Repaid by them from money generated by the club?

I'm also not sure where this 'out of their own pockets' comes from. I don't think that's true.
PIKs were mysteriously paid off by them, if I recall correctly from the memory. Everyone was surprised at that time including Andersred as everyone had thought that they would eventually use the money generated out of the club to pay them off.

Bestie07

Yeah, i was talking about euros and at that time euro and pound was in around 20% difference.

Ok, i get mostly all story of course but one thing i still don't. How the feck they pulled out 1 billion?
Our income was around 500-600 mil last few years. After we repay part od loans, part of transfer fees, wages, dividends and other costs, we generate "only" 30-40 mil profit. They take that profit plus dividends x 15 years?
Stupid question i know but ...
It's only in the last few years that the revenues have become so large that the debt seems manageable.

In the first few years after the takeover, the debt kept on growing year after year.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
And one big serious question; Chelsea and City were saved by owners. They were midtable/lower table clubs without any chance of winning stuff and as i recall, both were in debt. We and Arsenal are fecked by owners.

But Liverpool? What is their story? Seems to me that their Americans (after debacle with first two) are good for them

Bestie07

It really is criminal how this was allowed to happen to the biggest club in the land (and probably the world at that time). There was no solidarity shown by the opposition fans either who were tired of our dominance which had lasted for more than a decade and had enabled us to build a sizeable financial advantage over everyone else. It is not even now, after years of underperforming, that our rivals are able to catch up to us financially.

Withnail

PIKs were mysteriously paid off by them, if I recall correctly from the memory. Everyone was surprised at that time including Andersred as everyone had thought that they would eventually use the money generated out of the club to pay them off.
Well that's exactly what they did in 2010.

There's no way on earth any money is ever coming of these leeches pockets.

At one point in 2010, the club's debt exceeded £716.5 million, prompting an outcry from the club's supporters.14 The Glazers refinanced this debt in 2010 by issuing a series of bonds with two main tranches The first tranche, worth about £250 million, paid interest around 8.75%. The second tranche, worth around $425 million, paid 8.375% in interest. The second tranche was issued as a result of high investor demand in the United States.15 The funds from the bond offerings were used to pay down outstanding debt over the next few years.

Source: https://www.investopedia.com/ask/an...ster-united-Man Utd-carrying-so-much-debt.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.