Manchester United vs Liverpool | Match postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

And one big serious question; Chelsea and City were saved by owners. They were midtable/lower table clubs without any chance of winning stuff and as i recall, both were in debt. We and Arsenal are fecked by owners.

But Liverpool? What is their story? Seems to me that their Americans (after debacle with first two) are good for them
Yeah they seem a lot better than our lot

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Following events yesterday, while many fans wanted to exercise their right to protest and express their opinion peacefully, some were intent on disrupting the team’s preparation and the game itself, as evidenced by activity at the Lowry Hotel and at the stadium.
Reports in mainstream and social media that protesters were able to access the stadium and pitch via a gate opened by club staff are completely incorrect.

After breaking through barriers and security on the forecourt, some protestors climbed the gates at the end of the Munich tunnel, then forced access to a side door in the stand, before opening an external door that let others through to the concourse area and the pitch.

A second breach occurred when a protestor smashed the door of a disability access lift, enabling a group to enter the stand.

The majority of our fans have and will condemn criminal damage, along with any violence towards club staff, police or other fans, and these now become a police matter. The club has no desire to see peaceful protestors punished, but will work with the police to identify those involved in criminal activity, and will also issue its own sanctions to any season ticket holder or member identified, per the published sanctions policy.

Information on the rescheduling of the game and any possible implication on other fixtures will be announced after discussion and agreement with the Premier League.

We remain committed to dialogue and engagement with our fans through the Fans Forum and other appropriate channels.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-3-may-2021-about-fan-protest-at-old-trafford

Bestie07

Well that's exactly what they did in 2010.

There's no way on earth any money is ever coming of these leeches pockets.

At one point in 2010, the club's debt exceeded £716.5 million, prompting an outcry from the club's supporters.14 The Glazers refinanced this debt in 2010 by issuing a series of bonds with two main tranches The first tranche, worth about £250 million, paid interest around 8.75%. The second tranche, worth around $425 million, paid 8.375% in interest. The second tranche was issued as a result of high investor demand in the United States.15 The funds from the bond offerings were used to pay down outstanding debt over the next few years.

Source: https://www.investopedia.com/ask/an...ster-united-Man Utd-carrying-so-much-debt.asp
I don't think PIKs were covered by the bond issue.

UncleBob

Freedom of free speech and standing up for what you believe in. Ridiculous.

I'm guessing those fans protesting outside Stamford Bridge were also ridiculous?
Yes...They were singing "We saved football"..Which is somewhat ironic considering the fact that Abramovich and Chelsea are large parts of the reason football is fecked.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Freedom of free speech and standing up for what you believe in. Ridiculous.

I'm guessing those fans protesting outside Stamford Bridge were also ridiculous?
Tbf, that game wasn't canceled. In our game we as hosts failed to organise the game. And with tight schedule now i would not be surprised if this will be 3:0 for Pool.
I don't understand why this game is not played today though

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Any update on the rescheduling of the match?

croadyman

For those who don't understand:
• Glazers bought the club with a loan
• Transferred the debt of the loan to the club
• Have put £0 of their own money into the club
• All transfers have come from club revenue
• They have taken 2 billion from the club
Cheers for posting that and have sent it to the media that are talking absolute drivel about this

Okey

Like many, I wonder why this game wasn't played today. We're virtually through to Europa final. There's literally no space left to play it before the season ends. Yes the West Brom vs Pool game could be moved but are those clubs obliged to agree to that? Seeing as these aren't the usual circumstances for rescheduling games.

Theonas

Scout
Well... they hired him.
Well, yes it means they made one good decision, but can't see much beyond that. You can argue on the other hand that they invested significantly less than we did. All three American owners are the same as far as I am concerned, only difference is their starting point and the odd decent decision here or there.

mav_9me

Well, yes it means they made one good decision, but can't see much beyond that. You can argue on the other hand that they invested significantly less than we did. All three American owners are the same as far as I am concerned, only difference is their starting point and the odd decent decision here or there.
Could not agree more. Leeches the 3 of them

always_hoping

They are not. They just have Klopp same way ours did not look too bad when Sir Alex was around.
They also have the very competent Michael Edwards over transfers. United are approaching one of their most important summer transfer windows in years and a clueless Matt Judge will be doing the negotiating..

acrebo

Seems really odd that a rescheduled date hasn’t been communicated yet. Still baffles me why today / tomorrow wasn’t immediately pencilled in.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah they seem a lot better than our lot
Say what you like about the Glazers, but at least they didn't attempt to furlough their backroom staff as FSG did at the height of the pandemic.

Both sets of owners need to go asap after disgracing themselves over the ESL business, along with Kronke, Levy, Roman and Shiek Monsour. There's no place for any of them.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And one big serious question; Chelsea and City were saved by owners. They were midtable/lower table clubs without any chance of winning stuff and as i recall, both were in debt. We and Arsenal are fecked by owners.

But Liverpool? What is their story? Seems to me that their Americans (after debacle with first two) are good for them
Chelsea weren't midtable club.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I have heard from a very good source that the match will be played on May 17th.

The Premier League were today in talks with West Bromwich, Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester City to change the date of their matches.....West Bromwich vs Liverpool on May 16th to swap it with Newcastle vs Manchester City on May 14th.

Our schedule
May 12: Leicester
May 17: Liverpool
May 20: Fulham
May 23: Wolverhampton
May 26: Possible EL final

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I have heard from a very good source that the match will be played on May 17th.

The Premier League were today in talks with West Bromwich, Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester City to change the date of their matches.....West Bromwich vs Liverpool on May 16th to swap it with Newcastle vs Manchester City on May 14th.

Our schedule
May 12: Leicester
May 17: Liverpool
May 20: Fulham
May 23: Wolverhampton
May 26: Possible EL final
Would make sense, we won't get the numbers to block it again on a Monday night.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Tbf, that game wasn't canceled. In our game we as hosts failed to organise the game. And with tight schedule now i would not be surprised if this will be 3:0 for Pool.
I don't understand why this game is not played today though
Because the Dippers need three points.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Seems really odd that a rescheduled date hasn’t been communicated yet. Still baffles me why today / tomorrow wasn’t immediately pencilled in.
Policing needs more planning I’d think, and then official approval. Takes time.

Ludens the Red

Possibly. I only remember they were signing so many big name players.
Ironically that got them in the shit, all those fancy signings. Similar with city but on a lesser scale. Essentially these clubs managed their finances so badly and were rewarded with lottery wins. Gotta feel for Leeds who just got ignored and allowed to fall into the third tier.

Just kidding, feck Leeds.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can we get the Roma thread started please? :angel:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ironically that got them in the shit, all those fancy signings. Similar with city but on a lesser scale. Essentially these clubs managed their finances so badly and were rewarded with lottery wins. Gotta feel for Leeds who just got ignored and allowed to fall into the third tier.

Just kidding, feck Leeds.
:lol:

Finally, we get what we deserve. Those fine print on our contract with the Devil was finally activated.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Following events yesterday, while many fans wanted to exercise their right to protest and express their opinion peacefully, some were intent on disrupting the team’s preparation and the game itself, as evidenced by activity at the Lowry Hotel and at the stadium.
Reports in mainstream and social media that protesters were able to access the stadium and pitch via a gate opened by club staff are completely incorrect.

After breaking through barriers and security on the forecourt, some protestors climbed the gates at the end of the Munich tunnel, then forced access to a side door in the stand, before opening an external door that let others through to the concourse area and the pitch.

A second breach occurred when a protestor smashed the door of a disability access lift, enabling a group to enter the stand.

The majority of our fans have and will condemn criminal damage, along with any violence towards club staff, police or other fans, and these now become a police matter. The club has no desire to see peaceful protestors punished, but will work with the police to identify those involved in criminal activity, and will also issue its own sanctions to any season ticket holder or member identified, per the published sanctions policy.

Information on the rescheduling of the game and any possible implication on other fixtures will be announced after discussion and agreement with the Premier League.

We remain committed to dialogue and engagement with our fans through the Fans Forum and other appropriate channels.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-3-may-2021-about-fan-protest-at-old-trafford
“We remain committed to dialogue and engagement with our fans through the Fans Forum and other appropriate channels.”

What dialogue? It’s been 16 years...

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Seeing that they all love us so much they may be thinking of docking us points and try to get us out of the CL!

Matt851

They also have the very competent Michael Edwards over transfers. United are approaching one of their most important summer transfer windows in years and a clueless Matt Judge will be doing the negotiating..
Yes

As far as i see it there are two differences between the glazers ans henry - henry actually bought the club for money (i think) and had the good sense to hire competence in the football department rather letting the money men have a go at running it

Status
Not open for further replies.