Manchester United vs Liverpool: right now would you just settle for a draw?

fastwalker

In times gone by, this is a game that every United fan would be looking forward to. How times have changed at the Theatre of Dreams. Today, this is a game that fills us with dread. The roles are well and truly reversed between ourselves and Liverpool. They are 15 points ahead of us in the league, at a press I can think of two United players that could make their first 11 and in beating us they would equal the record for the number of wins on the spin. There is absolutely nothing about this game to be excited about.

As all derby games anything can happen and because it is Liverpool I am expecting our players to raise their game above and beyond, but in reality if Liverpool perform to their capacity and United perform to theirs Liverpool win every time. To get anything out of the game, United have to do what they have not done so far this season: create, convert and consolidate and hope that Liverpool are just not up for it on the day.

That said, if you offered me a draw right now I would take it.

What are your thoughts?

Sterling Archer

I would rather lose playing like we give a feck. No cowardly shit that we're likely to see. Some heart. So many games in the past when we've been the better team coming in and they play their hearts out. Role is reversed but my fear is there's no heart in this team.

CallyRed

Unless we were winning and they equalised in the 95th minute through a James Milner deflected shot.

Then I'll be pissed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nope, I genuinely believe we're going to pull off a win.
With half the team out, and against a full fit Pool who have won 8 out of 8? Who can both blitz teams, and jam lucky one goalers?

That's real faith mate.

With a full team I'd be confident of holding them, but with the best 2 players out, the next one semi fit, Rashford not having looked even half right for 6months, and the defence having to be perfect to keep us in it... then a draw is looking pure glass ceiling stuff.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I think we can get a result this weekend. Our poor perfromances have come against shitty teams. With the teams who are "projected" for the top 6 (other than us) we have 2 (Chelsea and Leicester) wins and a tie (Arsenal). Liverpool obvoiusly won't sit back and obsorb pressure. Ole has to get his tactics right though. We stand no chance if we play a 4-2-3-1. We need to counter down the flanks and cut off their midfield. This game has 4-4-2 diamond written all over it with our forwards pushing out wide for the counter attack. I also won't be surprised to see a few players return after a long time off which will definitely give us a boost. But then again, I'm always the optimist so we'll see...

dove

Of course, I would even accept a loss by 1 goal as I am pretty confident it will be more.

Eric7C

Honestly, I am indifferent. I just want to see some half-decent football; I want to go "aah" over a pass again.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
No, let's play the game and see what happens. It's not like a point would be that helpful for us anyway.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
A win to kick off an undefeated run to January (lots of draws but undefeated)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Possibly. End their winning run and stop the sky falling in at the same time? It’s tempting.

izzydiggler

I'd just take a performance that isn't completely pedestrian and lifeless.

fps

Would bite your hand off for a draw, because there's no way Man Utd can possibly win this. I just worry about how bad the result will be, truly.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’d take a draw In a heartbeat, I think we’ll be humiliated so a draw would be a significant step up on that.

Kemizee

What draw? Liverpool will smell blood and go for the kill. With a competent manager in charge, I would have high hopes but with the current one? Even getting a draw would be a pleasant surprise.

SATA

You are all cowards. We’ll beat those pile of dippers on Sunday, mark that down now and come back here after the match

Bulldog United

Would bite your hand off for a draw, because there's no way Man Utd can possibly win this. I just worry about how bad the result will be, truly.
We're not that bad that we have no chance of beating them. I like that City are playing on Saturday night, and I hope they'll enjoy a resounding victory to send Liverpool a message ahead of our game. Liverpool's defence can be got at this season, and their forwards could have an off day. Defensively we're far from terrible too.

Like all of us - I want the win, but yeah, I think I could live with a draw to end their winning sequence. :D

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’d bite your fecking hand off

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
With half the team out, and against a full fit Pool who have won 8 out of 8? Who can both blitz teams, and jam lucky one goalers?

That's real faith mate.

With a full team I'd be confident of holding them, but with the best 2 players out, the next one semi fit, Rashford not having looked even half right for 6months, and the defence having to be perfect to keep us in it... then a draw is looking pure glass ceiling stuff.
There so much going against us right now that a defeat, and a heavy one at that, looks all but nailed on.

But football doesn't always play by the rules, especially where derbies are concerned. I fancy us to pull it off.

fergiesarmy1

Honestly, I am indifferent. I just want to see some half-decent football; I want to go "aah" over a pass again.
At this moment in time, if we were playing sheff Utd we aren’t gonna play half-decent football. When it gets to this stage it’s all about your next 3 points, or 1 maybe in this case at best.

It’s gonna be a while till you see free flowing shit from us.

Infra-red

Losing 1-0 would be a respectable loss, that just shows how far we’ve dropped standard.
We've won 7 of the last 10 vs Liverpool at OT, only 1 defeat. Unfortunately, we were a much better side under Mourinho/Van Gaal and Liverpool have improved somewhat in the interim.

This is surely the largest gap in quality between the two sides that there's been in the Premier League era.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
First time ever that I’ve predicted a loss in Redcafe score prediction. I’ve gone for 0-3.

A draw for us is equivalent to a 2-0 win, given the current status of both teams. Truly a time when a draw would be a win!

El Zoido

I’d settle for us not getting thrashed. If they score in the first 10 minutes it’s going to get bad.

fergiesarmy1

We've won 7 of the last 10 vs Liverpool at OT, only 1 defeat. Unfortunately, we were a much better side under Mourinho/Van Gaal and Liverpool have improved somewhat in the interim.

This is surely the largest gap in quality between the two sides that there's been in the Premier League era.
I don’t recall us ever going to anfield in our pomp and them all over place as big a favourites as they are coming here.

Dramatic decline and rise really.