Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PitTon

-Tracking Manes runs
    -Not giving to much time for ATA
    -Giving up on 2CM, play with 1 DM to cover space in front of defense where their midfielders normally pick up passes from their 2 CBs.

Easy to say we know but keeping 2CMs is not the way. 4141 gonna be the choice for me.

Halds

Supports
    Liverpool FC
    The league table suggests that we are favourites and should go for it, but we usually have a tough time at Old Trafford. I expect United to sit back and hit us on the counter, and we won't take too many risks going forward, so a low scoring game. Both teams can live with a draw, so that's my guess,1-1.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    I think this is a game where Liverpool can take as many risk as they want and they should. If anything it'll be cowardice if Liverpool dont go for it.
    What exactly are we going to do ?

MrSingh2002

Judging by the cast Pogba is wearing I wouldn't be surprised if he damaged his peroneal tendons due to playing through the pain following his ankle sprain. Bale and Neymar had the same issue previously.

Ole's a joke of a manager for playing Pogba against Rochdale. He wasn't near ready and to make it worse they had him playing through it vs Arsenal aswell as if it was vital. Idiotic.

Denis79

Our only realistic chance of getting a result against them is if we're at full strength and able to deploy our most effective strategy - being that of counter-attacking. It's highly unlikely Klopp will adopt a 'full attacking mentality'. He's not a fool.
    As you said, Klopp is experienced manager and will look at the bigger picture. He knows our only attacking threat are counters, no way he intentionally create a game that suits us.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    Considering our two most important offensive players could be out in Pogba and Martial and the fact Rashford,James,Lingard and Mata are all out of form (or worse) then I'd still view it as somewhat weak minded if Klopp didn't set out his Liverpool team to really go for it from the off.

Can you really see Rashford,James,Lingard or Mata causing this Liverpool team any trouble with the form they're in ?
    Heck,we didn't even threaten relegation spot Newcastle.:lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    As you said, Klopp is experienced manager and will look at the bigger picture. He knows our only attacking threat are counters, no way he intentionally create a game that suits us.
    Hey, we can hope!

(I have a sneaky feeling we gonna get a result by the way)

Alabaster Codify7

This will be the last time we ever see Ole in the dugout, sadly for him.

-------------------------DDG--------------------------------
    Wan-Bissaka------Lindelöf---Maguire---------------Young
    ------------------McTominay---Matic-----------------------
    --------------------------Mata------------------------------
    Pereira------------------Rashford-------------------James

SUBS - Greenwood (Pereira), Fred (Mata), Gomes (Rashford)

Man United 0 - 3 Liverpool

In a game where we create one clear chance and Liverpool could score 6-7.

Game, set and match for Ole.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    I don't want to say anything other than if We lose, I have come to accept that this was going to be a shit season.

It hurts me and I don't know how to deal with it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Pogba out.

ah feck.
    Thought that was last week's view, and today a few stories that he may be back...

fingers crossed, and the other players too. If Martial still isn't back for instance I'll really wonder what the heck he's done.

DoomSlayer

Thought that was last week's view, and today a few stories that he may be back...

fingers crossed, and the other players too. If Martial still isn't back for instance I'll really wonder what the heck he's done.
    Fingers crossed? Whoever plays will not matter, these players won't be 100% fit and almost all of our other options are out of form and underperforming. We will be chasing shadows all game and it will be just another embarrassment at OT. :(

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    He needs to start changing something in formation & tactic. The current one isn’t working. I never understand a manager who keeps using the same thing again and again when it’s not working.

edgar allan

Sit back,defend deep, all hands to the pump, put their bodies on the line, kick them up and down the pitch, give it a 110% and hit them on the counter attack for a one nil upset.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
    Supports
    Liverpool
    I think this is a game where Liverpool can take as many risk as they want and they should. If anything it'll be cowardice if Liverpool dont go for it.
    What exactly are we going to do ?
    Completely agree. Should have last season too and it ultimately cost us the title. Can see more ruthlessness in Klopp this season. The way we played so openly against Chelsea and Leicester is a marked difference from the same games last season.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Everything working out for Liverpool, perfect time to play us and Spurs.

ManchesterYoda

I would play 3-5-2.
    Maguire central CB. Tuanzebe RCB. Wan-Bissaka LCB.
    Young RWB. Shaw LCB.
    Lingard, James and McTominay midfield.
    Greenwood (R) and Rashford (L) up front.
    Set up to man-mark Liverpool's main attacking players and play on the counter.
    Tuanzebe and Wan-Bissaka man-mark Mane and Salah.
    When Firmino is playing as no.9 Maguire marks him, when Firmino drops deep he is double teamed by McTominay and either James or Lingard, closest to him basically.
    Young and Shaw mark Robertson and Alexander-Arnold.
    Lingard and James are in the team for 2 reasons. They can press and they can counter.
    I think a combination of man-marking, pressing and playing on the counter is the best we can do at the moment.
    If we just put out the usual unbalanced and ineffective type of 4-2-3-1 formation I think we could get humiliated.

ManchesterYoda

Think positive. Imagine we're on the counter. Greenwood is 1v1 against Van Dijk. Greenwood takes him on, Liverpool fans are in shock, United fans are stood up. Greenwood shoots with his left foot. BOOOOOOM top corner. 1-0 United :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Everything working out for Liverpool, perfect time to play us and Spurs.

Perfect time was the weekend just gone.
    Still not ideal, but we'll definitely have a better chance this weekend coming then last!

fergiesarmy1

He needs to start changing something in formation & tactic. The current one isn’t working. I never understand a manager who keeps using the same thing again and again when it’s not working.
    Home form hasn’t been too bad, think it’s 3 defeats in 15 premier league matches since he took over with 8 wins. Some would argue the palace game was an unfortunate defeat, could and should have gone 2 up against arsenal.

The away form and tactics definitely need changing right quick but not the time to be concerned with that.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    Think positive. Imagine we're on the counter. Greenwood is 1v1 against Van Dijk. Greenwood takes him on, Liverpool fans are in shock, United fans are stood up. Greenwood shoots with his left foot. BOOOOOOM top corner. 1-0 United :D
    And then you wake up

peridigm

He doesn't know anything else it would appear.

DRM

I must say I had a wonderful weekend not having to worry about United, it was quite refreshing actually. Back to normality next weekend though :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 457 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw