Thu, 13 May 2021 @ 8:15pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    You can read the FA/PL guidelines as to what constitutes as a disciplinary matter. Failure to provide adequate measures in the stadium or on the pitch will be in the club's remit. Random people being an inconvenience outside of the OT property radius has nothing to do with the club. They can't dock points for that (and they won't) - it's up to the Police to deal with the mater properly.
    Seems you were prepared for what was going to happen.

Riz

Can't say I endorse this. If the Liverpool players are on that coach they don't deserve to be fecked around like this because United fans are protesting our owners.

And yes, I'd quite like to watch some football.
    They aren't really getting fecked around. Protests are meant to be inconvenient, otherwise they aren't really meaningful.
    Agree with @Brightonian, the protests are against our owners not Liverpool (or their players) so I don't think their team bus on a public road is fair game.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Seems you were prepared for what was going to happen.
    We aren't getting docked points for members of the public blocking a bus miles outside the stadium.
    I think we were seriously at risk of getting docked points or forefitting the game when stewards were videoed letting fans in the stadium, but we got away with it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    We aren't getting docked points for members of the public blocking a bus miles outside the stadium.
    I think we were seriously at risk of getting docked points or forefitting the game when stewards were videoed letting fans in the stadium, but we got away with it.
    We might be docked points retroactively because the club stewards did exactly that in the first place.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    @VP89 said there's nothing in the rules, I'm also curious if this has happened before
    I hate TalkSport but Ally McCoist touched on it too (when he shut down Trevor Sinclair's daft idea of docking points) - it's a police matter, not a club matter. If it's down to the club's security failing then sure. But if aspects happen outside of the stadium, it's nothing to do with the club.

Worth noting that there is naturally less security and staff on matchdays since the stadiums are empty, so our security measures on May 2nd were no less than other clubs, which is why I think we got away with no disciplinary action on that day (they can't fine us for fans breaking windows and stuff, that's where the Greater Manchester Police need to come in).

And today? Well, nothing has happened on club property. You can't punish the club for that.

Bertie Wooster

So bloody frustrating that hooligans and mob mentality are screwing up the end of what's been our best season for a few years.

If the hooligans get the game abandoned again then I imagine the FA would give the 3 points to Liverpool, and even threaten a points deduction to us.

But I think the latter would be wrong if it happened. I can see why clubs are held accountable for their fans behaviour inside the ground when they've paid entrance fees - as clubs then have to provide safety, security, etc.

But people outside the ground who aren't match day fans, and in the streets were the coach is - that shouldn't be the clubs responsibility to the point of points deductions. It's individuals behaving in a mob mentality, etc, causing damage. It's individual humans acting out, and who should be the ones punished, and police responsibility to deal with those law breakers and to prevent them doing so in the first place. It's harsh punishing either club, who are the victims of the violent actions of others and with the matches being abandoned.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    We might be docked points retroactively because the club stewards did exactly that in the first place.
    They've seen it and didn't deem it as punishable. They might have their reasons (stewards pressured by crowds, the low club security staffing actually being what you'd expect in lockdown, etc.)

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    They've seen it and didn't deem it as punishable. They might have their reasons (stewards pressured by crowds, the low club security staffing actually being what you'd expect in lockdown, etc.)
    Ok, let's say you're right but do we/you agree with what is going on or do we/you want to watch United play Liverpool tonight?

Kearnkoff69

I'm not opposed to the protests at all, but do hope we don't end up being punished for this with a points deduction that could jeopardize our CL spot (assuming a loss in the EL final).

Judas

Open to offers
    :( I've been looking forward to this all day. Would be a bit sad if we end up gifting Liverpool 3 points and probably CL football. I don't get what attacking their bus has to do with protesting the Glazers really. It's more the sort of thing the Scouse lot would do.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Ok, let's say you're right but do we/you agree with what is going on or do we/you want to watch United play Liverpool tonight?
    I do not have a short term outlook toward our club. I'm not just frustrated about not being able to watch a game of football for tonight's entertainment.

The owners are stripping the assets of the club, they are lining their own pockets and leaving many elements to rot. They can't implement a proper footballing infrastructure, they can't allocate proper resources to the Women's set up, they can't allocate efficiently enough to the academy, they can't allocate enough in the summer transfer budget and they can't allocate anything to maintaining a stadium with a broken roof.

They show feck all intention of doing otherwise. Empty words mean nothing in the meantime. So yes, I want us to cause as much peaceful disruption until we get tangible change. I'd happily forego a game in that regard.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    You know shit got real when they brought the decoys out.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled again as I fear the punishment will be severe if that is the case.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    I do not have a short term outlook toward our club. I'm not just frustrated about not being able to watch a game of football.

The owners are stripping the assets of the club, they are lining their own pockets and leaving many elements to rot. They can't implement a proper footballing infrastructure, they can't allocate proper resources to the Women's set up, they can't allocate efficiently enough to the academy, they can't allocate enough in the summer transfer budget and they can't allocate anything to maintaining a stadium with a broken roof.

They show feck all intention of doing otherwise. Empty words mean nothing in the meantime. So yes, I want us to cause as much peaceful disruption until we get tangible change. I'd happily forego a game in that regard.
    I agree with most and nearly everything that you said but why risk losing our CL place for next season ?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    You know shit got real when they brought the decoys out.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled again as I fear the punishment will be severe if that is the case.
    I really don't get how, unless they can prove it to be a failing of Manchester United to not have the game started on time. Liverpool failing to take adequate measures (like we did by turning up early) isn't really in our control, and nor is public action in Manchester City Centre, away from Old Trafford.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Remains to be seen.
    I mean, it can be a circular argument but I've already explained how they can't dock us based on what we see so far. Of course if shit escalates from now until kick-off with matters that go into the club's remit, then we will be liable of course.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    I really don't get how, unless they can prove it to be a failing of Manchester United to not have the game started on time. Liverpool failing to take adequate measures (like we did by turning up early) isn't really in our control, and nor is public action in Manchester City Centre, away from Old Trafford.
    Liverpool will almost certainly be granted the win by default this time. As for further punishment, I couldn't say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the FA decided to come down hard on the club for this, perhaps as a means to deter the fans from further protesting, at least to the extent that it interrupts their match schedule.

I'm only guessing here, but I fear a points deduction is on the cards and potential loss of CL football as a result.

mu4c_20le

I assume the lack of updates on social media is a good thing, as they probably won't want to announce anything until the team is safely inside OT. Surely if the team were still stuck on the road, we'd be hearing endlessly about it

The Oracle

Rumoured that Milner isn't playing, which in my opinion is a huge boost for Utd - as he always gives 110% against us

...he literally runs his socks off against us every time.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    I supported the first protest but if Utd ‘fans’ get this game cancelled as well I’m washing my hands of this glazier out movement. It’s just a ridiculous waste of time and frankly I don’t care who the owners are I just want to watch my team play football.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Liverpool will almost certainly be granted the win by default this time. As for further punishment, I couldn't say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the FA decided to come down hard on the club for this, perhaps as a means to deter the fans from further protesting, at least to the extent that it interrupts their match schedule.

I'm only guessing here, but I fear a points deduction is on the cards and potential loss of CL football as a result.
    They can't, because Manchester United has not violated anything here. If anything you can argue Liverpool's preparation was poor (if they were on that obvious red bus). It looks like they weren't though, so no disruption.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
    I mean, it can be a circular argument but I've already explained how they can't dock us based on what we see so far. Of course if shit escalates from now until kick-off with matters that go into the club's remit, then we will be liable of course.
    Are you sure if game doesn't go ahead this time then we won't be punished? Isn't it our responsibility to ensure that it goes ahead unless there is security scare which this isn't. If fans of a football club can get match postponed and that club receive no punishment for it then it sets a bad precedence. What is stopping other club fans to stop games knowing there won't be any punishment? Not sure there are rules to punish us this season but surely this can't go on without any consequence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 229 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw