Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Any info on the fitness of Rashford and Fred? Even Shaw, who got a nasty whack late on.

SER19

There's as much chance as a tight 2-1 win as there is a 4 nil embarrassment. That's where we're still at

Gasolin

They have 24 more hours, and we seem to be in trouble, and without Varane. I don't know if our confidence level is high enough in that game. Would be good to score first though.

I actually think if we take that game without too much pressure and decide to counter them, it's going to work out, but who knows.

spiriticon

They have 24 more hours, and we seem to be in trouble, and without Varane. I don't know if our confidence level is high enough in that game. Would be good to score first though.

I actually think if we take that game without too much pressure and decide to counter them, it's going to work out, but who knows.
    Oh no way. The best thing for us would be to go 1-0 down with plenty of time to recover. That's the current United way.

If we go 1-0 up, we go into defensive mode. When that happens it's game over.

Gasolin

Oh no way. The best thing for us would be to go 1-0 down with plenty of time to recover. That's the current United way.

If we go 1-0 up, we go into defensive mode. When that happens it's game over.
    Haha but I think Liverpool will play a high line, and if we have Rashford or Greenwood playing wide and up, we can probably hurt them multiple times before they decide to adjust, because that would mean changing their way of playing as well. That's how I see the game but I could be wrong.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
    Extra time dodgy pen that bruno taps it in to win would please me.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Hopefully Fred is fit. I think the team will largely be unchanged, except Greenwood may miss out for either Sancho or possibly Lingard. I’d like Sancho to play, as we need someone who helo progress the ball and link the defenders with the forwards.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
    Haha but I think Liverpool will play a high line, and if we have Rashford or Greenwood playing wide and up, we can probably hurt them multiple times before they decide to adjust, because that would mean changing their way of playing as well. That's how I see the game but I could be wrong.
    Rashford has been superb.
    Hope he is not injured.

RuudTom83

Liverpool are on fire right now…it’s going to be a very dangerous game.

But that’s what makes it so exciting!

Can’t wait for the match, c’mon United.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    Bruno needs to play deeper as do Rash and Greeny. Would love another Ronaldo winner but I think Liverpool will win this.

hobbers

Will Rashford and Fred be fit?

Matic and McTominay pairing looms ominously.

always_hoping

Hope I'm proved wrong but I can't see past a Liverpool win and probably by a 2 goal margin. 1-3 or a repeat of last season 2-4 result is likely on Sunday.

Waynne

De Gea
    Teles, Shaw, Maguire, Lindelof, Baily, Matic, Wan Bissaka, Dalot
    Bruno
    Ronaldo

Whatever happens if we play like we did in today's first half vs Atalanta we'll get rinsed.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    Yeah I wouldn’t go putting any money on us for this. I think we could battle out an entertaining draw, just about. Most likely we lose by more than one goal. Sickener but we let teams bully us and Liverpool are aggressive and in top form. We can’t sit back and counter. They’ll just break us down and press us into stupid mistakes.

Water Melon

Scousers will have had an extra day of rest and are much more tougher opponent than Atalanta. I will be extremey surprised if we get a point at Old Trafford. We are 7th in th league table currently, and I expect us to slip down further. Hope I am proven wrong.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
    Liverpool have plenty of players who run at defenders with the ball. We have to make sure we are ready to defend that sort of movement. If I was Klopp and I saw either Pogba, Matic or McT in our CM I would be telling my players to target them and dribble at them, Pogba and Matic especially get turned all the time. Im pessimistic about our chances here.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    We cannot play 4-2-4 again! Bruno has to drop deeper into midfield.

slored1

I have no idea what the lineup will be. Probably something like:

De Gea
    AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    McFred
    Sancho - Bruno - Rashford (Pogba)
    Cavani?

1-3 Liverpool.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
    Fred Matic should be our midfield based on form (but it will obviously be McFred). I hope Fred didn't do his hammie. Rashy and Shaw may have picked up a knock!? :confused: Worrying.

The White Pele

We need to bolster the midfield. The gaps between McFred and the front 4 are frightening.

We need 3 in midfield and that can’t include Bruno as he plays too high. Get Pogba in, but not from the left.

——————-DDG
    AWB—-Lindelof—Maguire—Shaw
    ———————McT
    ———Pogba————Fred
    ——————-Bruno
    ———-Ronaldo——Rashford

paulscholes18

The only thing you can guarantee is that we will concede.

DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay VDB
    Sancho Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Salah's in red hot form, him and Trent down our left side with Shaw in the worst form he's been in for us in years is a danger. That, our general form, and the fact that we seem to go back to looking like strangers after a really good win like yesterday has me worried.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    Salah's in red hot form, him and Trent down our left side with Shaw in the worst form he's been in for us in years is a danger. That, our general form, and the fact that we seem to go back to looking like strangers after a really good win like yesterday has me worried.
    Bruno playing Rashford through on their right side is going to be a problem for Liverpool. Trent is not a good defender.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Bruno playing Rashford through on their right side is going to be a problem for Liverpool. Trent is not a good defender.
    So long as Bruno doesn't take an entire half of getting it wrong before finally coming into life. We can't afford that in a huge game like this.

Also, doesn't always work like that -- Trent is a poor defending and Rashford has definitely had his number on occasion, but if Liverpool swarm us and plant in our half like they did last season, there will be very little avenue for us having the ball to actually make use of the space and Trent's weaker 1 v 1 defending.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
    Supports
    Liverpool
    Are you guys bad defensively these days or just conceding silly goals all the time? Haven't kept a clean sheet since Wolves at the end of August as far as I can tell?

No matter the gap in quality one way or another, this game always tends to be tight and nervous. I predict a low-scoring draw or one-goal hard fought victory for us.

big rons sovereign

Are you guys bad defensively these days or just conceding silly goals all the time? Haven't kept a clean sheet since Wolves at the end of August as far as I can tell?

No matter the gap in quality one way or another, this game always tends to be tight and nervous. I predict a low-scoring draw or one-goal hard fought victory for us.
    Brainfarts mostly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win