Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
    liverpool
    Play 4-2-4 as you did against Atalanta and you’ll get absolutely pulverised.

Firmino will drop into the empty acre of space between your 4 attackers (none of whom like to either press high or drop back sufficiently to close the half spaces to midfield) and the two midfielders.

It’ll then be ball after uncontested ball through an outnumbered midfield manned by two of pogba/matic/McT (assuming Fred is out) with Fabinho/Henderson collecting the ball unchallenged from defence and using firmino to play repeated balls to both fullbacks and both inverted wingers who’ll then be running at your back 4 one on one repeatedly. If the finishing is up to scratch it could get ugly because chance creation is going to be up there.

The only way to play this is conservatively - pack the midfield with runners (McT and Fred are essential if both fit and a third midfielder - I’d be tempted to play matic behind them) - then have fernandes playing ahead of them providing balls to rashford and greenwood running the channels behind the high full backs. Nick a goal or two bypassing the high line then defend in as compact a fashion as possible to hold the lead.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    So long as Bruno doesn't take an entire half of getting it wrong before finally coming into life. We can't afford that in a huge game like this.

Also, doesn't always work like that -- Trent is a poor defending and Rashford has definitely had his number on occasion, but if Liverpool swarm us and plant in our half like they did last season, there will be very little avenue for us having the ball to actually make use of the space and Trent's weaker 1 v 1 defending.
    That's conveniently also one of our strongest positions, as long as we can dislodge the ball with enough Liverpool players high up on the pitch. All we need is the ball in one of the better passers feet and one of Ronaldo/Rashford high enough up on the pitch and its off to the races.

No doubt Klopp will know that, but he cant very well leave 2 CBs deep in their own center half when the team is high on the pitch either.

Either way, I expect Hawaii football here. Liverpool wil attack us high and leave oceans of space for us to counterattack, and Liverpool will likely decimate us through the middle and potentialy rightwing with a weakened Shaw. The key will be if Rashford can even be high enough up the pitch. Liverpool gave up 3 against Brentford, they're not perfect.

Whatever happens, this will be a crazy exciting game for everyone in attendance

tomaldinho1

Most important game of Ole's tenure so far. OT, Liverpool looking like they'll be in the race for No 20, poor start to the season...it's almost certain someone will get a red card
    If we sit in with 5 at the back i think they'll stuff us, need to try and keep the ball and actually play some football to win this one.

SuperiorXI

If we play like we did in the second half v.s. Atalanta it will be a really exciting match. I fear we'll start slowly and if we do we're fecked.

gajender

We will actually surprise Liverpool by taking the game to them and would take the lead and then sit back and after some nervous moments would again do them on the counter and see out the game without conceding after almost 20 games . Despite the famous win Cafe would remain as divided as ever with Ole inners emboldened in their approach and getting new lease of life by unexpected result ensuing another tedious back and forth between Ole inner's and Out .

James35

1-3 we'll give it a good go but I feel we'll ship a few and I don't see us hurting Liverpool CBs that much. Think we'll get a penalty.

Hoping Ole doesn't go with McTominay and Fred but I feel we will see the same starting 11 as yesterday.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    We were the first team to beat Villarreal this season after a number of other big teams had failed, we were the first team to beat Atalanta at home this season after a number of other big teams had failed, hopefully we can be the first to beat Liverpool this season. Going to be a tough ask though, no doubt.

They've scored three goals on the road five times, and five goals twice. They are yet to score fewer away from home.

James35

We were the first team to beat Villarreal this season after a number of other big teams had failed, we were the first team to beat Atalanta at home this season after a number of other big teams had failed, hopefully we can be the first to beat Liverpool this season. Going to be a tough ask though, no doubt.

They've scored three goals on the road five times, and five goals twice. They are yet to score fewer away from home.
    We have also conceded 8 goals at OT so far and have kept only 1 clean sheet in 20 games. Watch it be fecking nil nil now!

Swedish_Plumber

Just go for it. If Ole thinks we can sit back and soak up pressure and win then it should rightly be curtains for him given the lack of clean sheets lately.

Water Melon

Scousers will win this game. The difference in collective play of the two teams will become apparent after initial 15 minutes. I can see us slipping a position or two further down the table.

talking robot

This is the team I want (not the one I predict):

----------------------------De Gea------------------------
    AWB-----Lindelof----------------Maguire------Shaw------
    ---------------------------Matic----------------------------------
    -----------VDB----------------------------Fred---------------------

-------------------------Fernandes--------------------
    -----Ronaldo--------------------------------Rashford------

Jaxa

This game needs hard workers who will work hard for the team therefore you need to play Fred and i think Lingard in for Bruno,

___________De Gea___________
    AWB___Lindelof_Maguire__Shaw
    _________Fred__Pogba_________
    __Sancho__Lingard____Rashford
    ___________Ronaldo____________

I think Bruno needs dropped for this one purely because he doesn't drop back enough and Lingard will, he will do the dirty work which Bruno doesn't (mostly) and what you lose with Bruno in this game you can can get from Pogba and Lingard. there is no fecking way we can play Bruno & Pogba together for the whole 90 minutes against a team like Pool unless it's Pogba pushed out to the left which i don't think happens as Rashford has to play. This selection for Ole will be extremely tough and he needs to get it spot on

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Firmino will drop into the empty acre of space between your 4 attackers (none of whom like to either press high or drop back sufficiently to close the half spaces to midfield) and the two midfielders.

It’ll then be ball after uncontested ball through an outnumbered midfield manned by two of pogba/matic/McT (assuming Fred is out) with Fabinho/Henderson collecting the ball unchallenged from defence and using firmino to play repeated balls to both fullbacks and both inverted wingers who’ll then be running at your back 4 one on one repeatedly. If the finishing is up to scratch it could get ugly because chance creation is going to be up there.

The only way to play this is conservatively - pack the midfield with runners (McT and Fred are essential if both fit and a third midfielder - I’d be tempted to play matic behind them) - then have fernandes playing ahead of them providing balls to rashford and greenwood running the channels behind the high full backs. Nick a goal or two bypassing the high line then defend in as compact a fashion as possible to hold the lead.
    Agree 100%.

I keep saying we need to play with a 4-3-3 formation and drop bruno deeper. He presses well and generally, his passing his really good too as evidenced in the 2nd half v Atalanta. I really hope the coaching staff have realised this and don't go for another 4-2-4 formation.

peridigm

This game needs hard workers who will work hard for the team therefore you need to play Fred and i think Lingard in for Bruno,

___________De Gea___________
    AWB___Lindelof_Maguire__Shaw
    _________Fred__Pogba_________
    __Sancho__Lingard____Rashford
    ___________Ronaldo____________

I think Bruno needs dropped for this one purely because he doesn't drop back enough and Lingard will, he will do the dirty work which Bruno doesn't (mostly) and what you lose with Bruno in this game you can can get from Pogba and Lingard. there is no fecking way we can play Bruno & Pogba together for the whole 90 minutes against a team like Pool unless it's Pogba pushed out to the left which i don't think happens as Rashford has to play. This selection for Ole will be extremely tough and he needs to get it spot on
    I would not introduce Lingard into a match like this. Pogba in a MF two just doesn't work. Play a MF of 3 of McT Fred Pogba or Fred Matic Pogba and drop Bruno.

Gasolin

I don't think this is how it will go though. 4/2/4 or 4/2/3/1 doesn't really matter for this United. The only one thing that will matter is their ability to play at full intensity. If they do, even Liverpool will struggle because the ball will come back very fast and if somehow there is a counter attacking situation, someone in that team will score.

If Ole decides to start with Scott and Fred, I think it would be a mistake this time. My guess is that if Rashford starts, Pogba will be on to provide those long balls, same for Bruno, and Greenwood will also be tasked to make similar runs and trust AWB and Shaw to defend against. We will struggle because Fred commits too much but if he gets it right, then we will be in a position to counter press and counter attack so it's a risk reward situation for us.

However, we could also see a game with Scott and Fred just to not concede in the first half and play full intensity in the second half. That's one option, I do wonder why we would do that though.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
    He has 3 days to recover from a dead leg, he should be fine
    You say that, but I recall O’Shea once being out for like 3 months with a dead leg.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    Oh no, the El Classico of English Football. And I hate it so much when we are losing to them.

Unlike against City, Ole never had good record against them. I'm not convinced that we can get win here especially that Liverpool are on fire right now. We need miracle here but if the team really wants to bounce back and back to title race then the first step they need to do is win this match to gain the confidence back. It's almost like do or die match.

Canagel

We are getting cooked. I won't be suprised if we put 10 men behind the ball, kick it long to Rashford and still hold 3 or 4. It could be another 6-1 if we open up but I feel like we are getting cooked regardless of how we are set up. It will be a long afternoon.

Cantonagotmehere

This is so damn true and needs to be fixed with improved coaching.

Longlivekeano

—————-———DdG—————-

-AwB--Lindelof—Maguire-Shaw-

—————-VdB——McTom———-

Greenwood—-Bruno—-Sancho—

———————Cavani———————

last 30 mins: Pogba, Ronaldo, lingard
    3-2 (Cavani Hat-trick)

Jeffthered

Difficult to call... we will really need some magic, because I just cannot see our midfield taking control of the game enough... but then again, we cannot do that.

Not feeling great about this, could be a very frustrating afternoon.

Gator Nate

What I want to see:
    DDG
    AWB - Maguire - Lindelof
    Sancho - Bruno - Fred - Pogba - Rashford
    Cavani - Ronaldo​

What I think we'll see:
    DDG
    AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    Fred - Pogba
    Sancho - Bruno - Rashford
    Ronaldo​

I think we win, but we'll make it difficult.

dal

—————Cavani———————
    Ronaldo———————————
    —————-Bruno——-Lingard
    ———Mctominay—Matic——
    Shaw—Maguire-Lindelof-AWB
    ————————DDG——————

Fred and Rashford out the only option is to play Matic as I trust him more than Pogba.

Let’s pin Trent back.

Sviken

We can pull a plucky underdog draw here from a single shot on target. Ole has that tendency.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw