Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
    Scout
    If there's one thing Ole genuinely knows how to do, it's play on the counter. Atalanta, and our intent in that game, is zero barometer for how we'll play against Liverpool.

We'll actually have a plan for this one, whether our defenders can stick to it without crumbling, is another question.

If we score first, and don't shit the bed thereafter, it should be a very favourable game for us, as the more Liverpool attack, the more space there is for us to run into.

JSC

Fatigue is a bit of a worry. I'm going for a spirited 2-2 draw though with another late comeback.
    yeah a lot of the players looked knackered last night. Maguire and Wan Bissaka seemed to be by the end as well as Rashford, Shaw etc. Gonna be tough to say the least!

Longshanks

I think Ole will be quite brave, if he wants to completely shut the game down we will go with a back 5 and man mark the front three and the full backs and then force Liverpool to try and create from midfield, last time we did it worked quite well and Liverpool really struggled to create.

But like I say I don't think Ole will do that, I suspect we will see a repeat of the two very open games we saw against Liverpool at Old Trafford last season should be a Good game just hope we are the right end of the result.

LoneStar

With the expectations going into the match, it will very likely end up in a tight 0-0 draw. And both managers would probably be relatively happy with that.

If we start the game like against Atalanta, we'll be 3 goals down by halftime. And unlike the last game, I don't think we'll be able to come back against Liverpool.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ole went with Cavani and Lingard in the lineup. Set up with a conservative hard working team.

FerociousCorgis

if ole starts rashford again 50/50 rashford picks up an injury. Clearly not ready to be rushed back in. Dude looked injured after the adrenaline rush wore off and the game progressed. Bring him on as a sub. We prob get a victory since everyone assumes we prob get beaten.

Hughie77

Rashford has to start along with Ronny. I'd also play. 4-3-3 because they won't play 4-4-2. Which I think would be better. And play Rashford and Ronny up there and pack a 4 narrow midfield. Playing just 2 in CM is no good because the 2 he uses are not good enough , so put 3 in there at least.
    I think the Atalanta game result , and performance in 2nd half should give them a boost, I'd take a draw and I think they would as well. VAR will play a part I think .

Oranges038

They can be got it with pace down the sides of the centre backs, Brentford showed it and so have Atletico.

To get the win, it's stopping that cnut Salah that is the problem. Somebody just needs to Ramos him early, that'll sort him out.

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    I don’t expect us to win, just hoping we compete and don’t roll over and get a slapping (which I suspect could happen).

Statue of Limitations

We'll go for a draw with boring defensive 5-3-2 lumping the balls into the box from the wings.
    Lumping balls into the box or over the top is certainly what we should do regularly in this game.

Ronnie doesn't get enough chances in the air from us, we can really trouble them if we provide this for him.

Very tough game, I said earlier hoping for a great win v Atalanta and kick on from there, so far so good, would take another 3-2, CR7 injury time winner for the icing.

Predicting a scouse red card, I think OT with fans roaring will get to them.

Foxbatt

If we play the way we did 2nd half vs Atalanta, its going to be a good game

If we play like we did vs Leichester, its going to get ugly
    I think we will win. I really do feel it. Liverpool cannot play defensively. We have the attack to scare anyone. The problem is what kind of United is going to turn up and what players Ole is going to select? If I was Ole I would start Cavani and Ronaldo up front and start crossing from the final third instead of fannying around trying to pass through into the box. We are mostly still playing as if we have Martial as CF and trying to walk it into the box.

meninred

Traditionally we do well against the big teams. I am not personally worried as some others on the run of fixtures till nov 30.
    We also have world class players that can change matches.the only difference i see is salah is on fire. so long as we score even if salah scores we will be ok besides their defence isnot great right now.

Womp

idiot
    I think our luck is well and truly running dry. Trying to be hopeful, but I don't see us getting a result here.

Think we'll go with Mason and Marcus' pace, sit deep and try and hit them on the counter though, so here's hoping

432JuanMata

Traditionally we do well against the big teams. I am not personally worried as some others on the run of fixtures till nov 30.
    We also have world class players that can change matches.the only difference i see is salah is on fire. so long as we score even if salah scores we will be ok besides their defence isnot great right now.
    Actually over the last year we don’t do that well against big teams. The happiness of are come back against Atalanta has clouded many and our Leicester performance is more the norm this season.

I don’t think even if we play poor we will be easily beaten as form isn’t the best indicator when playing Liverpool but we have to play really well to get something out of this game and a loss is the title challenge gone

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
    I think our luck is well and truly running dry. Trying to be hopeful, but I don't see us getting a result here.

Think we'll go with Mason and Marcus' pace, sit deep and try and hit them on the counter though, so here's hoping
    I think Liverpool's luck is dry from all the chances they got against Atletico. At least I hope it is.

AussieDevil

I’d like to see how we’d operate with a diamond formation, Bruno would effectively form a front 3, which means we can still have 3 players in the middle instead of just relying on Fred and McTominay.

always_hoping

Are you guys bad defensively these days or just conceding silly goals all the time? Haven't kept a clean sheet since Wolves at the end of August as far as I can tell?

No matter the gap in quality one way or another, this game always tends to be tight and nervous. I predict a low-scoring draw or one-goal hard fought victory for us.
    Error prone, lapses in concentration with zero improvement on set pieces the type of team Liverpool should score at least 2 goals against.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    If Utd are level at half time then I fancy them to win. The problem is Utd tend to start slowly and Liverpool go for the throat from the first whistle. I think Utd are going to need a bit of luck for this one.

Passitlikescholes

Since all this hoopla about 'patterns of play' and Ole supposedly not instructing our players properly, I've been paying closer attention to other sides and what "tactical system" they have.

Liverpool, they rely on the movement of Salah and Mane (which I believe is just their natural game, it's not something coached into them), Salah has grown an understanding with TAA and TAA has been able to hit Salah, from deep, due to Salah's movement and TAA long ball/crossing skills (again natural talent and player's being on the same wavelength rather than coaching). Their midfield is filled with work horses who seek to press early, win the ball and release to Salah and Mane (who's individual ability creates the openings, not coaching). Without Salah and Mane, I can see Liverpool being up shit creek, those two were out of form last season and as such were a major part of their poor form in the league.

And to top it off, I don't think Klopp (being the tactical genius) has EVER figured out an answer to Rashford's ability and nullify him (I probably just jinxed it now).

So lay off the harshness on Ole, allow the team to click first. The pressure, chopping and changing, and Rashford's late start to the season, has probably delayed the ability of the team to gel. I hope, I certainly hope this game is the start of a turnaround and we smash them 5-0 with Rashford and Ronaldo feeding and delivering to each other.

Real Name

Hit them on the counter and pray we wont get mauled. Rashford will be a key for the counter and Bruno to release those balls early. Ronaldo and Greenword will have to work more defensively too. Fred and McT (probably will play) will have to be at their A game.

Its a sad state of affairs that we need to play defensive against them at Old Trafford and they're again in a much, much better state than us.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
    I wish we'd go at them. Atletico tried to park the bus and counter but conceded 2 goals then when they tried to attack, they saw that Liverpool can be vulnerable.
    Parking the bus with our current defensive form and inability to keep a clean sheet is fecking dangerous to me

Tony247

Have no expectations. Hope the lads play for the pride and win.

Lemon Moon

I think Ole will go for a tactical switch in this game. Like he has in previous meetings.
    It's possible he will go for a back 5 out of possession and sit in. Then with quick play try to play on the counter & get in behind Liverpool's defence.

DDG

Lindelof Maguire Shaw

AWB McTominay Fred Telles

Bruno

Ronaldo Rashford

Hmmm.

4231. de Gea; Wan-Biassaka, Lindelöf, Maguire, Shaw; McTominay, Fred; Greenwood, Fernandes, Pogba; Ronaldo.

Devil may care

I'm guessing this will be the team, admittedly Sancho over Mason I'm not sure about but we play on the counter vs big teams so I think Sancho suits that with the space in behind.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    :lol: Carra doesn't want to jinx it.

Honestly, if this is Man City, I would be slightly more confident since Ole somehow knows how to beat Pep but he has only beat Liverpool once and that was in FA Cup. Please of all team, don't lose to Liverpool, just beat them. It's always been the most painful defeat when we lost to them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    :lol: Carra doesn't want to jinx it.

Honestly, if this is Man City, I would be slightly more confident since Ole somehow knows how to beat Pep but he has only beat Liverpool once and that was in FA Cup. Please of all team, don't lose to Liverpool, just beat them. It's always been the most painful defeat when we lost to them.
    Don't we have a habit of losing to City at our place. Ole has a good record against them at the Etihad.

MUFC OK

If there's one thing Ole genuinely knows how to do, it's play on the counter. Atalanta, and our intent in that game, is zero barometer for how we'll play against Liverpool.

We'll actually have a plan for this one, whether our defenders can stick to it without crumbling, is another question.

If we score first, and don't shit the bed thereafter, it should be a very favourable game for us, as the more Liverpool attack, the more space there is for us to run into.
    If we have any hope of winning this it will have to be 3-2, 4-3 or something like that, there's simply no way we are keeping them to scoring less than 2 goals. I still think we'll lose 3-1.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
    Time Travel
    I wonder if he'll go 3-4-3 for this one. I'd rest both Ronaldo and Bruno for the midweek CL tie in Bergamo. This game is all about coiling up to soak the pressure and breaking at pace on the counters.

Rashford Greenwood
    Telles Fred Lingard Pogba AWB
    Shaw Maguire Lindelöf
    deGea​

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    I wonder if he'll go 3-4-3 for this one. I'd rest both Ronaldo and Bruno for the midweek CL tie in Bergamo. This game is all about coiling up to soak the pressure and breaking at pace on the counters.

Rashford Greenwood
    Shaw Maguire Lindelöf
    deGea​
    There aren't any European games next week. It is Carabao Cup which we aren't in.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Rashford Greenwood
    Shaw Maguire Lindelöf
    deGea​
    There's no midweek game. It's carabao week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw