Wed, 24 April 2019 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 64 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    The attitude and effort is there so conspiracy theorists can piss off. City are just a far better, more cohesive team. I want City to win but I think we'll get a point here unfortunately.
    It's not a conspiracy theory to know that our players turn up for a bit and then stop for a couple of matches. Our inconsistency is there to see all season.

Ashley R1+O

What is the point of closing hte player threads if people go into the peripheral threads to talk about player performances :lol:

breakout67

Supports
    Man City
    If this level of application was put in at Goodison park, we wouldn't be sat here pondering the benefits of a win or loss tonight.
    We still would have lost. We have 30% possession and can't pass to save our lives. We are lucky City are so wasteful in front of goal.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    At least we are trying. The lack of technical ability in this team is startling though. Matic for Pereira please. Yes, Matic is shit, but he ain't this bad. Fred is shit too, but we haven't got anyone else who can play CM.

Sanchez for Lingard too please, they both work hard but at least Sanchez is quite good at football.

Patrick08

I think he's coached to shoot a lot more by Ole, so I don't have a problem with more long shots. But I think his technique is just far too limited to be anywhere near a top club.

Our quality of strikers aren't on City/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs level. Heck it's not even on AC Milan/Inter Milan level. We can make 4-5 great transfers this summer but without a top striker we will struggle.
    Ok then you have to at least test the keeper with a thumping shot to justify that.

Though the quality of strikes, is just down to poor form and fitness and also tiredness i guess, he is gassed by chasing the ball so much and pressing high, then you never have that composure to take a proper shot.

Gator Nate

Predictions are starting to look a little silly now. Excellent gameplan so far. Also Arselol.
    Are you certain of that? Because I have it on good authority that Ole is tactically naive and a novice and unproven at this level. Just sayin'...

Seriously, though. We showed up to play. And it sounds like the home atmosphere is there.

AJ10

Van Gaal has a point when he’s saying we’re parking the bus. It has been firmly parked for 80% of the first half. Why can’t the players grow some balls and dare to set the line high more often as it’s the only way to dominate the game and create chances consistently?
    You want our players going toe to toe vs city? :lol::lol:

wr8_utd

:'(
    This is going to be a really nervy 45 mins. Just bring Sane on and finish it off. Can't stand us drawing this and handing Liverpool the title.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
    In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
    We've had a lot of joy with our high intensity. We don't look a million miles off city tbh. How much of that is down to City playing bad I don't know. We are just crying out for some real quality to be added to the team. The amount of promising attacks breaking down is tragic.
    Jesus no he didnt what the hell do some of you see....apart from endeavour he's well below what we need.
    You are talking about the people watching the match on the radio.

Denis79

And why haven't we played Darmian more? Best defender tonight. Excellent first half.

El Jefe

Our playing out from the back needs to be the very first improvement made to the team in the summer. It is absolutely dreadful and is the root cause of why we give possession away so cheaply. Young and Smalling cannot pass at all and is compounded as they play on the same side of the pitch. It's also not helped by DDG being quite poor at passing.

Only when we improve this can our midfield passing improve as it opens up the pitch a bit more. We did this very well in Ole's first few games.

Ahsan_6386

To hell with Liverpool . We need the win and the top 4 . Liverpool win drop points before the end of the season also . I hope we go for it in the 2nd half but we have a bad habit of making errors right in first 5 mins of 2nd half .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Ok then you have to at least test the keeper with a thumping shot to justify that.

Though the quality of strikes, is just down to poor form and fitness and also tiredness i guess, he is gassed by chasing the ball so much and pressing high, then you never have that composure to take a proper shot.
    It's true :lol: Neville said Rashford is "up for it" because he glazed a shot over the bar.

Can't make it up

crossy1686

career ending
    Thats not just the final third! Our keeper cant pick out a pass within 20 yards, our CB's and DM have no composure between them....It's our team.
    I have a feeling that Solskjær wants a keeper thats good with the ball at his feet, something Dave isn't good at. Could spell the end for one of them that...

AJ10

Our playing out from the back needs to be the very first improvement made to the team in the summer. It is absolutely dreadful and is the root cause of why we give possession away so cheaply. Young and Smalling cannot pass at all and is compounded as they play on the same side of the pitch. It's also not helped by DDG being quite poor at passing.

Only when we improve this can our midfield passing improve as it opens up the pitch a bit more. We did this very well in Ole's first few games.
    Sadly the only way that happens is if we actually sign players who can pass under pressure, I don't see any hope for the likes of young/smalling/jones

Rojofiam

While it's obvious that City are miles ahead of us, I think there's a lot of positives to take away from that first half.

The midfield 3 is constantly losing the ball, but I noticed that Fred is very good at picking the ball up and making a swift transition with a quick pass forward (usually towards Pogba). If he played in City or Liverpool, I think he'd be very good for them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Jesus no he didnt what the hell do some of you see....apart from endeavour he's well below what we need.
    He's working hard and pressing well (he hasn't given Silva a moments peace) whilst acting as a foil for Pogba.

We know we need better than him, that goes without saying, but he's holding his own tonight and that's what matters.

Second-half kick-off

Eddy_JukeZ

Van Gaal has a point when he’s saying we’re parking the bus. It has been firmly parked for 80% of the first half. Why can’t the players grow some balls and dare to set the line high more often as it’s the only way to dominate the game and create chances consistently?
    Don't think that's on the players.

Second-half kick-off

No changes at the break.

Anustart89

It's true :lol: Neville said Rashford is "up for it" because he glazed a shot over the bar.

Can't make it up
    Might as well be that he can't be arsed to run so he just shoots from 40 yards to do something without having to run.

AJ10

Well yes, we’re Manchester United and we’re playing at home.
    We'd most likely be 3/4 down. What does being man utd have to do with anything when majority of our players wouldn't even get in to spurs 11.

46 min

Early second-half attack from City as Sterling finds space on the left of our box, he feeds David Silva near the goal line but Darmian blocks the cross.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 353 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw