Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Dean... why he cant whistle like a normal person, what the feck was that

fps

Matic has been arguably our best player since coming back into the team, which is an inconvenient truth as we were seemingly showing him the door.
    Yep. He has always needed clear instructions and a solid team structure. No idea why it hasn’t worked out at Man Utd....

Lash

Supports
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Hope we give Fred matic gomes a go in the league. It's actually quite a balanced midfield.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    Anyone told Michael Owen the score is 1-3 ?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    We'll beat them 3 nil in the 2nd leg... :)

GwilDor

We improved a lot in the second half, but i can't help to think that is at least as much down to City taking their foot off the pedal, as the half team talk. City was efficient, and 2 goals included obvious personal mistakes. But make no mistake, this was clearly a one team match.
    Positives: Fred. Williams. Gomes.

Majima

Supports
    Ralf Rangnick.
    It pisses me off. I was listening to the UWS podcast recently (great podcast) and unbelievably someone said OGS was doing a great job! :eek: I think it was before the Watford game (that went well). I just don’t understand it. Do these people not care about the club? People keep pointing to games like Spurs and City (one-off games and short-term evidence) as proof that he is the man for the job long-term. Where is the logic in that?!

Also annoys me hearing weekly match goers talk as if their opinions carry more weight than others. Sure it would be more evident if they turn but I watch every game and go over to a few games a season so I don’t see what’s wrong with my opinion. I’ve seen enough to know he is not the man long-term.

Also his defenders biggest argument seems to be that he doesn’t have the players. I’m guessing they missed all the games this season that we lost to teams in the lower half this season then. I don’t know what the excuse is there because surely we have better players than Watford, Crystal Palace, etc.
    Same. It makes me question my sanity reading and seeing all the nonsense being peddled. I don't know how the majority can go along with it. Shows how easily manipulated large groups are i guess. I haven't got a clue what they're thinking. Like you say, they're discounting the evidence of 20+ matches on the back of a one-off fluke. I don't think people are using their brains and thinking for themselves at all. It's all romanticism and fairy tales at this point.

Take no notice. Each person whether local or abroad holds as much weight as anyone else. Anyone saying otherwise is a bit dim. Where do we get all the money from? We would be nothing without the fans from abroad. I agree, we are going nowhere under Ole, it should be okay to call a spade a spade. To be supportive of the club doesn't equal blind worship for failing managers/regime.

Well that's all they can cling to. Can't cling to anything else can they? We don't need better players to be beating the likes of Watford and newly promoted Aston Villa! It's a laughable argument and shows how bad he is.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
    In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
    Fred seems to have his settling time over him and has been very impressive lately. Lingard is showing his true colours too and looking useless. It should help the manager to make decisions. We need a target man up front and also a creative attacking midfielder

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
    In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
    Same. It makes me question my sanity reading and seeing all the nonsense being peddled. I don't know how the majority can go along with it. Shows how easily manipulated large groups are i guess. I haven't got a clue what they're thinking. Like you say, they're discounting the evidence of 20+ matches on the back of a one-off fluke. I don't think people are using their brains and thinking for themselves at all. It's all romanticism and fairy tales at this point.

Take no notice. Each person whether local or abroad holds as much weight as anyone else. Anyone saying otherwise is a bit dim. Where do we get all the money from? We would be nothing without the fans from abroad. I agree, we are going nowhere under Ole, it should be okay to call a spade a spade. To be supportive of the club doesn't equal blind worship for failing managers/regime.

Well that's all they can cling to. Can't cling to anything else can they? We don't need better players to be beating the likes of Watford and newly promoted Aston Villa! It's a laughable argument and shows how bad he is.
    Ole is not a top manager and even if we have top players and they carry out his instructions, we will have no progress. Ole we love you and you are a club legend from the time you played with us, but please realise that this is not a game. United need someone with more tactical knowledge that you or I have.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    I think you'd have to be an insane optimist to think we were going to put City away with our lineup tonight!
    We can compete in one offs if we have our best 11, but under that the level drops off a cliff.

It looked like it could be heading into humiliation territory at one stage, thank goodness for Sterling's jinx against us.

We did well to make it even slightly worth a second leg!

But it's what it is right now, and won't change that quickly. Onto Saturday.

A-man

I think you'd have to be an insane optimist to think we were going to put City away with our lineup tonight!
    We can compete in one offs if we have our best 11, but under that the level drops off a cliff.

It looked like it could be heading into humiliation territory at one stage, thank goodness for Sterling's jinx against us.

We did well to make it even slightly worth a second leg!

But it's what it is right now, and won't change that quickly. Onto Saturday.
    Yes it kind of looked like 1-3 already when you saw the line ups.

Dve

A moment of truth, and an image of the size of Ole´s task. I think you could have handed that starting 11 to any manager and see how well they would have done against City tonight. Just look at City´s bench. 28 goals this season. That´s what City´s bench today have scored.

And it´s not even fair to say that the players underperform. Most of them played up to their normal standard, and some up to their best. You can´t criticise their efforts, really, this is just how good they are. When have you seen Pereira much better than tonight, i.e.? Isn´t this what he offers every week? This is just how good he is. He is not City quality. He´s nr. 5 in the league quality.

Daniel James? I thought he had a good game. For his standard. He works really hard and runs at defenders. And he does that very well, but not very good in narrow spaces. Would he start for City? He was never meant to start for United either. But a great prospect, so maybe in the future. If would be great to have someone like him on the bench.

Lindeløf is not good enough to start for United. It´s been evident all season, and his limitations were really exposed up against the best. No one should be shocked. Jones did what Jones does. Pretty safe on the ball, and can even bring it up sometimes. Gives it all in duels. Not a bad footballer, except that he decided to cover room (where no City player were heading into), instead of going into press for their first goal.

A shame Tuanzebe got injured, just at the time when you had the feeling he was about to break into the team. 3rd and 5th choice playing tonight.

Williams was brilliant, and is doing just what Ole has asked his defenders and midfielder to do. Be brave with the ball and look forward. You need to do that to play out from the back. Very different from Shaw, in that respect, and I´m finally convinced Williams should be first choice from now on. And I´m pretty sure he will be.

Fred had a good game as well - especially first half. He could actually have a future at United. Lingard, on the other had, may have played his last game for United. Off to Italy, are the rumours. He must be so tired to disappointing the fans.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Gomes has done more in 5 minutes than Lingard has done for a whole 12 months.
    Kick Lingard out, give Gomes a better contract so he signs and doesnt go to Barca, give him play time - sounds obvious? None of it happening. Frustrating to see Lingard and Pereira rotate, these guys are never going to amount to anything

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 262 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw