Kick-off
Tue, 7 January 2020 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

fps

He’s been poor. He’s been poor for the last few games actually. This place has an issue with the truth being told!
    Simply insane, got nothing to do with what’s happened first half, not playing in his usual position either, United’s best player so far this season, huge progress from last year, one of the only players worthy of playing for the club, hard working. Crazy, seriously.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
    Remember when people used to say one of Lindelof's strengths is that hes quick? That 2nd goal he looked like Laurent Blanc tracking a player back
    I'm sure you remember my arguments about his lack of pace.. Ole shot himself in the foot by tempting Smalling.

onemanarmy

And people ask why we aren't buying top talent. Would you, as a neutral football player come to Utd at the moment? I know most of you won't care, but here in the Belgium and Dutch media, we are the absolute laughing stock.

led_scholes

We are paying Chelsea's inconsistency. The worst thing is that the season is still not over. It is baffling that the board has given all hope and dont want to make any changes. Europa League should be our goal, but i m really uncertain if we can even go past Brugges now.

Godfather

They have De Bruyne; we have Lingard. They have Silva; we have andreas. Andreas and Lingard are simply no where near good enough.

Rashfords head is down as well and he is captain for the night.

The whole club is just toxic. Rotten. The City players are proactive while our players are reactive.

Lingard just has to be sold or let go. He signifies everything that has gone wrong with the club since Ferguson left. If Lingard starts against Norwich i am not wasting ten euro in the pub to watch him. Fed up of this charlatan.
    How old Are you? Genuine question.

Tell me a manager who would make Lindeløf, Andreas, Fred and Lingard good enough to challenge City and Liverpool. Thats almost half of the 11 clearly to leves below the quality needed.
    And most importantly. They have Pep. We have Ole.

Wicked_Badger

This is fairly embarrassing. We‘ve spent a fortune on utter tripe players. Our manager is tactically inept. We’ve seemingly got no idea or strategy to improve the situation.

Absolute shambles.

r0663664

Worships Man City
    Ole has a easy job in the 2nd leg, put in XI youngsters and reserves and he doesn’t have to worry about losing. Utd will be embarrassed again by the City youngsters. What a joke for “so-call” biggest club in the world. A lot of business close down once they are badly run, I Guess we are following their footsteps. Give it another 2-3 years, we will be in the relegation fight every years.

klayton88

How many times can he sub Lingard before he realises he's pointless. 95% of united fans saw it years ago.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
    True but we could get in anyone in the world and they’d struggle with this set up, I’m just gutted that Ole is being exposed like this, I wish he’d never come in in the first place.
    A top manager would probably make it to top 4 but we won't win the league unless the Glazers leave

Majima

Supports
    Ralf Rangnick.
    I haven’t seen a manager at the top look as inept tactically as OGS. Plan A is to play on the counter attack and if that fails then there is no alternative. Only logic for fans thinking he is the answer long term is letting their heart rule the head. There is little or no evidence to suggest that he is. Winning the odd big means f**k all. Even Moyes and LVG managed to string a few wins together but OGS can’t win more than three.
    Collective fan base are gullible sheep and are being brainwashed by the Class of 92/Ole's mates. Only explanation for it. No rational/logical argument supports Ole being manager here at all. He is as clueless as they come. No PL club would go near him after he's sacked here, yet we're supposed to give him 3-4 years by Fletcher before the match. You really couldn't make it up.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Why not start with this in the first place? Ole is new levels of naive

GwilDor

The Lindelof apologists will have to put in a shift tonight, fecking hell he's been awful.

How has some of these players managed to survive for so long at this club?
    He's been utterly horrible tonight. How many loss of possession did he have that created dangerous situations? Holy moly... I almost started believing in him after how he and Maguire started this season, now though....

ravi2

City haven't allowed us to counter at all. Seem to be playing way deeper and countering a bit themselves. Counter attack is literally our only game plan which is why we typically so better against bigger sides. How Ole could think we'd just get away with that all the time without someone like Guardiola is beyond me.
    Apart from the counter attack and press, not sure what else we are about.
    Moyes might as well come back

UpWithRivers

Im sorry but what sort of tactical plan is this! Who in their right mind thought hell yeah Fred can win the midfield battle on his own. Its ridiculous. And is Rashford actually playing RW? Im sorry this is again down to tactics. Get Matic on for Lingard. And Martial for James

edgecutter

Lingard taken off...it only took ole another bloody game to realise he's shit.

R'hllor

Oh Lingard off, keep starting him, subbing on min 70,60,half time, lower and lower

Smores

Really should have just given up and gone with Gomes and Chong.

Skills

Snitch
    And people ask why we aren't buying top talent. Would you, as a neutral football player come to Utd at the moment? I know most of you won't care, but here in the Belgium and Dutch media, we are the absolute laughing stock.
    You also have to think of how fickle the fanbase is towards its players. As a player you're here to have a rough time, as the fanbase and the manager will throw you under the bus to excuse the coaching failures. It's why we're not a very appealing club.

tjb

A large chunk of it is down to these kinds of issues. Although the way Fernandinho has been three steps ahead of the attacking patterns has been deeply dispiriting too.
    And this right here is the difference between us in 12/13 and now. We were complaining when we had Carrick Cleverly and Rooney, with Kagawa Nani/Valencia and RVP. All of these players had balance on the ball, an ability to anticipate danger, good technique ( which meant they didn't have to pass back or consistently take wild shots) and creativity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 262 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw