Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sun, 8 March 2020 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Absolutely not. Crowd was awesome. Players were motivated. Ole tried hard to feck this up. Not his day today.
    You must be wumming :lol:

Ole spotted that Mahrez had Brandon’s number and made a double switch. They didn’t have a sniff after that. Bailly, Scott and Ighalo gave us so much composure in the final minutes. Masterclass from Ole.

rollingstoned1

There have been enough of these sort of performances for the naysayers to have a rethink on whether or not we are improving. Results against big teams and a lot of players getting a new lease of life under ole are definite achievements in his favor imo. He is certainly not the worst manager in the league as some keep saying.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Ole was bang on the money today. After the humbling Pep gave him in first leg of League Cup, he has regathered really well. If we can stop dropping daft points this team can easily nab 3rd. Defence has now shifted in a higher gear. It's making sense and we are shutting teams out. The return of Matic has been massive for the team.

Ighalo and Bruno have adapted. Signings hitting the ground running is everything we needed and more.

To think, Pogba and Rashford to return also. Suddenly there are options and depth.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Redknapp talking about if KDB played it would have been different. Did he not play in the other two games we beat them in?
    They had more help in the fecking ref than anything they could have gotten from KDB.

Redknapp should shut the feck up.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    Fred was MotM for me.

The transitions were good, and his ability in tight spaces was the key.

Imagine Sancho on the end of these moves instead of James.

Things are really developing well for this group of players.

darko

Absolutely outstanding, every single one of them!
    The first match where my lowest player rating was 7s. My grades were full of 8s and 7s. Wan-Bissaka, Bruno, Shaw were magnificent. Everyone was solid and I thought Fred should have won a penalty in the first half. Instead, he gets a yellow card but kept his head for the rest of the match. Full praise for all.

wolvored

Every time James plays people always say He's only there for the pace as if it's a something bad. But We rely on pace to score goals against big teams. So why is it an issue? James is crucial for these type of games.
    Think today it proves James is a runner like Agbonlahor was at the Villa. He doesnt lift his head up and shoots when there is a great pass on. Think he flattered to decieve in his first few games. If we get Sancho he will hardly feature

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Fred was MotM for me.

The transitions were good, and his ability in tight spaces was the key.

Imagine Sancho on the end of these moves instead of James.

Things are really developing well for this group of players.
    I think big wins like this are important to attract players like him. Hope he was watching and dreaming to be our new number 7 and be the difference maker.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    Great Barney Ronay article on the Guardian website. No link, go look for it yourself! :)

Tango80

Think today it proves James is a runner like Agbonlahor was at the Villa. He doesnt lift his head up and shoots when there is a great pass on. Think he flattered to decieve in his first few games. If we get Sancho he will hardly feature
    James is still really young though, and it's easy to forget just how far he's become in less than a season. He's raw but if he can improve his end product, he'll be some player.

reddevil80

fecking awesome!!!!

loved that match, crowd were absolutely bang on, players were fantastic and OGS had the perfect game plan and the boys stuck to it.

Might have to back track with my opinion of OGS if this streak continues, I hope I do truth be told.

A freezing cold beer has never tasted soooo good :drool:

darko

They had more help in the fecking ref than anything they could have gotten from KDB.

Redknapp should shut the feck up.
    Agreed. F red should have won a penalty and instead was give a yellow for simulation. Then there was that shocking tackle on Brandon Williams.

wolvored

James is still really young though, and it's easy to forget just how far he's become in less than a season. He's raw but if he can improve his end product, he'll be some player.
    Yes but if we get Sancho he wont feature that much Carabou cup games like that. In that scenario could see him leaving in a couple of seasons if Sancho does come.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Yes but if we get Sancho he wont feature that much Carabou cup games like that. In that scenario could see him leaving in a couple of seasons if Sancho does come.
    So we should only have single top talent per position? We cannot win anything with that kind of approach. Injuries will happen, rotation and competition for positions are a must. James can play both flanks so he is fine and depth is what winning takes

Dve

Guardiola no where near to throw his player under the bus, defending Ederson after his mistakes, just like Ole did with De Gea. Mourinho, were you listening, it´s called man management.

Wing Attack Plan R

McTominay, Williams, and now Bruno make me love this team so much. Those three are the embodiment of how players should play every match: committed, giving everything, inspiring their teammates to be better, calm under pressure, quick thinking, etc. And loved McTominay's goal. Stoked to see him continuing to improve.

GenZRed

Never enjoyed a derby in a long time before yesterday. Of course I was nervous in the last 20 minutes when we were backing off them but they never threatened us as much as yo uwoudl expect. I never feared their corners.

Despite our good run against them I hope we don't have to play them again tis season, especially at OT. They will be out for revenge and could turn on the style. I am still savouring yesterday though and will for some time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 475 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw