Sun, 21 February 2021 @ 7:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

slored1

Time for Ole to start being heavily criticised again
    For real. We can't outplay anyone in the league. Sheffield United, WBA, Fulham, Newcastle are all games in which we're not producing anything of note, and they are by far the worst teams in the division. Very worrying.

bsCallout

Midweek football shouldn’t be an excuse. Ole should not have played such a strong squad for a pointless Europa League game. I said it will cost us top four. I’d rather get dumped out of the second rate European cup and focus on the league position.
    We made a lot of changes and unfortunately are missing DVB, Pogba & Cavani. Rotation hasn't been as simple as it normally would.

Morpheus 7

I'm not blaming Maguire for that goal. There was nobody marking saint maximin in our box. Ridiculous defending. Martial....the man is shot to bits FFS.
    What are you on about, he in heads it behind him in to a terrible area. Has no control where he's heading it. Sick of people making excuses for that fridge.

RUCK4444

There will be some changes of this continue.

Some of the players are way from doing what needs to be done. I wonder how long Solskjaer will have patience with Martial? He is becoming Firminho. Not producing enough. And I don't just think about goals.
    Martial dropped below Firminho’s level months and months ago.

We are playing with 10 men every time Martial is on the pitch.

If I’m wrong somebody point out a single positive thing he did in that first half, not a decent run, pass, linkup, nothing except jogging, losing the ball and mis controlling the ball.

Foxbatt

We are crying out for a midfielder that actually wants the ball and gets us playing. Should be a priority when Pogba leaves.
    Spot on. We are not playing as a team. This is why I keep saying we are poorly coached. There is no movement at all. Not from anyone. They all wait for someone to do something. It should not be like that. Even if we have less talented players their movement off the ball should be a lot better than this.

Superden

We have nothing in the middle of the park. Games like this show up how limited Fred is when the onus is on to dominate possession...

Bearded One

Yeah, right. You watched Dean this year? Against City? Sheffield?
    Some of you talk about Henderson like he played perfectly this year.
    At the very least it would help De Gea realize that we are not pissing around and that his place is on the line except he sorts his shit.

Classical Mechanic

Maguire should have done better with the header whilst someone should have won the second ball. Looking at the way Newcastle are taking corners and I think it’s a ploy because they know DDG won’t leave his line. They’re drawing the defensive line out and dropping it into the corridor of uncertainty leaving our defenders back-pedalling to get back in and deal with it.

Red_toad

Looking at this, why on earth has Maguire headed the ball behind into an area where he has no clue what's going on? Surely that either goes back they way it came or out of play?
    Looking at it, he didn't intend to head it there, but seems people have decided he did. I'd say it hit him earlier than he expected.

laughtersassassin

Our biggest issue is defending crosses and corners. Deano comes for crosses and corners. No brainer that he will help the situation

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    Henderson is comfortably the better keeper now. Helps the defence MUCH more.
    Yeah, he is not even close to Dave. It is bs and the myth that he goes out of his line THAT often than Dave. And about shoot stopping which is the most important thing; he is far away than Dave.

tjb

This specific performance reminds me of last season. There's no real route to goal as outside of rashford, the rest of our team has noone to pass to in attack or anyone who could be in attack. No surprise that our form really kicked off when James was off for Greenwood.
    a.He doesn't combine with AWB, which means we lose a crossing threat.
    b. He doesn't offer a shooting threat, which really narrows out the pitch.
    c. we can't pass to him because he's not strong enough to hold possession high, which gives us little time to organize offensively.
    d. He can't create space to cross the ball.

When you add this to Martial's lack of movement, you have a completely static attack. Bruno can do all the one-twos he wants, but with no outlet out wide, there is literally noone to pass to.

padzilla

Hipster
    The Ole In brigade will no doubt remain silent on him starting Matic against Newcastle at home.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
    This team just doesn't care. Jogging around, passing to opposition player.. feck all created in that half and defending like we are 10-0 up

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    Would love to see Amad thrown into this game. We desperately need a player who can carry the ball past players. We do absolutely feck all when passing it back and forth in front of 10 players.

diarm

Scholesy echoing my thoughts on where Maguire should be heading that ball...

Not totally on him or anything, as with most of our set play goals we concede, it's very much a team effort
    Again, have you not seen Maguires efforts on goal all season? He most likely was trying to head it there.

He has also run further backwards to get his head on that, than De Gea would've had to forwards, even if we forget for a second that De Gea has arms.

The fact that De Gea never leaves his line, has conned many of our fans into believing it's impossible to do so.

edgecutter

This performance isn't surprising, we have played liked this for a long time and it is becoming so obvious to teams on how to shut us down/ Hopefully we can pull this out of the bag again, but some serious questions need to be raised on the manager and coaching teams positions

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Ole needs to finally show some tactical nous and set out a plan on how to break down a stubborn defence. He needs to also be ruthless and make his substitutions early.

It is inexcusable to be so one dimensional.
    That assumes he has some tactical nous in the first place.

Godfather

For real. We can't outplay anyone in the league. Sheffield United, WBA, Fulham, Newcastle are all games in which we're not producing anything of note, and they are by far the worst teams in the division. Very worrying.
    This.

Delano

Getting so frustrated with this double pivot being played game in game out. Completely pointless against the likes of Newcastle, Sheff United etc. What's more frustrating is when Ole joined, he switched it up regularly.

Play a 4-3-3 with a sitting midfielder and Mata and Bruno in front and you'd get far more control against this sort of team.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree. There was a moment in the first half when Dan James got the ball into the box from the right hand side. It was a decent low cross, but Martial was nowhere near it. He wasn't working anywhere near as hard as he should have been to get on the end of it. Any half decent striker would've been working so hard just to get close to it...

He doesn't have that killer instinct to make it as a top-tier striker. I've gone right off him this season.
    and people here think he's better than Lukaku - what a joke

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
    We are unfortunate to have three first choice midfielders out. However, Matic and Fred's preference for the easiest ball at all times is killing us here. The ball is moving forward at a snail's pace and when we get in behind there's no numbers or movement in the box. It's awful.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    What are you on about, he in heads it behind him in to a terrible area. Has no control where he's heading it. Sick of people making excuses for that fridge.
    Believe me, you have a look at some of my posts on this site about Maguire. I ain't a fan of his at all. I certainly don't make many excuses for the guy :lol:

I just don't think he's to blame for that goal, personally.

Superden

Cam see teams man marking Bruno in most games now and just choking off any of creativity...let the others hoof it to each other and run down blind alleys

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
    Get Diallo on ffs.

Amad is a far superior dribbler and passer. Whether he can show that we don't know but running into space not all there is for a winger.
    Amad has barely played any senior football (4 games for Atalanta) and hardly that many reserve games, how have you come to this conclusion? James has played 100 senior games for club and country and you’ve come to the conclusion that Amad is better than James after less than 10 games. 10 games which isn’t comparable to James level of football over the course of 100 games

How many games have you watched this kid play?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 286 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw