Kick-off
Sat, 11 September 2021 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

largelyworried

Feeling good for this game. We sometimes struggle with teams that have a clear plan to stop us, but this Newcastle lot are not that kind of team. They'll be trying to stop us so I don't think it'll be a cakewalk but this is exactly the kind of game we usually do well in. Score early and we could get a few.

Glorio

Saw Sancho in the training vids, must be fit then (weird that I didn't see Cavani as he didn't travel and he's one of the more famous faces).

Who knows what team is going to show up? It's a brutal looking front line either way.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Saw Sancho in the training vids, must be fit then (weird that I didn't see Cavani as he didn't travel and he's one of the more famous faces).

Who knows what team is going to show up? It's a brutal looking front line either way.
    My guess on the lineup is 433. McT for Fred if he's fit:

DDG

AWB
    Varane
    Maguire
    Shaw

Fred
    Pogba
    Bruno

Ronaldo
    Cavani
    Greenwood

Mcking

If Mctominay is fit, I'd bench Pogba.

McTominay Fred
    Greenwood Bruno Ronaldo
    Cavani

SATA

If Donny doesn't start on Saturday when Scott isn't fit yet with Pogba and Bruno having played 3 consecutive international games respectively, i don't know when he will. I expect one of Pogba or Bruno to be rested for the CL on Tuesday, most likely Pogba

Iron Tulip

Can't wait to get to OT, got the bug again after that Leeds game. I'm getting the train straight there this time (moved further away), can anyone tell me what times the matchday trains tend to run from Manchester Piccadilly to the MUFC train station? I've looked online everywhere but there is no information for some reason......

Thanks,
    IT.

VIVA RONALDO

Danillaco

This is what I would like to see:

De Gea
    AWB Varane Maguire Shaw
    Fred Donny Beek
    Greenwood Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo

and this is probably what we will get:

De Gea
    AWB Varane Maguire Shaw
    Fred Matic
    Greenwood Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo
    That would be my pick too, if somehow Donny could really play as a 6, as he claimed from his Ajax days, would solve all our problems having him, Pogba and Bruno, while opening 3 spots upfront. Greenwood, Ronaldo and Sancho, surely

MrEleson

Is this game on TV? Trying to see whether I can go to a pub next to stadium to watch it or I have to stream

EdinburghDevil

Fred is out and suspect McT isn't fully fit. You'd think the perfect time for VdB to be given a chance, but Ole will likely go with Matic.

CM10

If Donny doesn't start on Saturday when Scott isn't fit yet with Pogba and Bruno having played 3 consecutive international games respectively, i don't know when he will. I expect one of Pogba or Bruno to be rested for the CL on Tuesday, most likely Pogba
    I can still see him being on the bench on Saturday even with McTominay and Fred out. The uproar would be magnificent.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a game against Young Boys though.

El Zoido

VDB is not starting this game.

He might get 10 minutes if we’re 4-0 up.

PoTMS

My lineup for Saturday

De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw
    Matic Pogba
    Greenwood Fernandes Sancho
    Ronaldo

Donny isn't starting this one as Ole clearly doesn't trust him against Premier League sides, even ones that are as shite as Newcastle. It'll be a Matic-Pogba central midfield with Van de Beek coming in to start against Young Boys on Tuesday.

Adcuth

De Gea​

AWB Varane Maguire Shaw​

Donny Matic​

Greenwood Bruno Pogba​

Ronny​

Should be good enough to beat Newcastle right?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    So Jones in midfield vs Newcastle and Lindelof vs Young Boys? Since Jones isn’t in the CL squad.

Danillaco

I can't really comment on vdB as a number 6/8 and who he fits with, due to lack of appearances for United and only ever watching him play for Ajax in Champions League. The sample size is way too small or specific for me to make a fair call.

If he and his agent are using interviews as threats/pressure. They have been really ill advised. It's possible that they using the opportunity to place pressure, voice unhappiness and keep vdB names relevant with a view to moving in January.

But I don't get that vibe at all. I feel that he's been given assurances from Ole (especially due to Matic and Fred being dire) and he's felt he's safe to have interviews to calm or dismiss any reports of him being unhappy or looking for a move.
    I think it's very fair what's he's doing.

He tried the nice guy, down your head and work. Ole doesn't give opportunities, but doesn't let go. Why try lots of options with some abysmal results and never try the guy. It's not like he doesn't have the quality, full international, Ajax graduate with Champions League pedigree. There's not many excuses.

Kaos

I dreamt that Ole started a midfield 3 of Lingard, Jones and Cleverley. We smashed them 5-0 for what it's worth.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    I really want Pogba LW, but there's way less chance of that with Fred now out.

tomaldinho1

Maybe this might be his lucky break he needed and if so he has to take it. If he is, then would rather he is paired with Pogba than Matic.
    Agreed. If he doesn't start now it really is curtains on his time here I feel.

Lynty

I dreamt that Ole started a midfield 3 of Lingard, Jones and Cleverley. We smashed them 5-0 for what it's worth.

Jones - Cleverly

v

Fred - Matic

Not as much in it as there should be :lol:

Adcuth

If ronaldo starts then I can't seeing our midfield being pressed that much. Newcastle won't be wanting to leave space in behind with the attacking threat we have. Can see them sitting back with only ASM the one trying to break forward. Be a decent game for donny and matic to play

Devil may care

It seems crazy to start Pogba and Fred in midfield together again but I don't think McTominay will be ready for this game and Matic is to prone to the press. With Sancho injured I expect Lingard to get the LW nod over Martial so he can tuck in to help the midfield.

Kaizane

In an ideal world where can rest Bruno and Pogba not long back from international duty, make do without McFred and get all 3 points at home to Newcastle, I would go with:

DDG
    AWB Varane Maguire Telles
    Matic VDB
    Greenwood Sancho Martial
    Ronaldo
    Let's see what sort of minerals Ole has; borderline mismanagement if Bruno and Pogba start, IMO.

Kaos

It seems crazy to start Pogba and Fred in midfield together again but I don't think McTominay will be ready for this game and Matic is to prone to the press. With Sancho injured I expect Lingard to get the LW nod over Martial so he can tuck in to help the midfield.

Sancho isn't injured, he picked up a knock on international duty but has recovered. And there's no way Ole starts with Lingard.

Adcuth

Fred can't play

Jaxa

If Fred is indeed out and Donny doesn't start ohh dear all hell will break loose :nervous:

I'd book the first flight back to Amsterdam if i was him and tell Ole to shove it if he doesn't get a look in, surely, surelyyy he gets a start this game if Fred is out

RayK47

-----------------------Ronaldo------------------------
    --Sancho---------------------------Greenwood--
    --------Pogba-------Fred--------Bruno----------
    Shaw-----Maguire---Varane-------AWB-----
    -------------------------DDG----------------------------

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Cristiano Ronaldo image Cristiano Ronaldo 84% of 426 votes

Runners-up