Kick-off
Wed, 1 February 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bobski

This commentary team is genuinely abysmal. Nobody sounds like they understand how football works. Can't even describe what's happening, never mind offering any sort of insight. Shockingly bad
    Speaking for the sake of speaking instead of when they had something worth saying. Good commentary teams are subtle when they need to be, this has been drill to the brain stuff.

chicha14

Here in South Africa (Supersport) have good coverage for league games, build up, half time and full time analysis, game week previews and recaps etc

However for the cup games there is literally nothing, is this the case in the UK too?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    1 minute added :lol:
    In the first half Varane was fouled with nearly 30 seconds of added time left. By the time he was back on his feet ready to take the free kick it was over one minute later. He stood over the ball about to take the free kick and the referee didn’t even blow to restart he just blew time.

cyberman

This commentary team is genuinely abysmal. Nobody sounds like they understand how football works. Can't even describe what's happening, never mind offering any sort of insight. Shockingly bad
    They set out to suck Forest off for whatever fecking reason

Wilt

Giving one minute of extra time with that many subs and two goals is just dishonest from the referee.

I mean, I know why he does it but his job isn't to exert sympathy on the team that's losing but to officiate the game in a fair and objective manner. And if the one-sidedness of his actual officiating wasn't proof enough that he doesn't really care for the laws of the game, then this definitely is.
    Robbing the fans who’ve have paid to watch

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Not really a “FFS” situation, no need to be so dramatic. I obviously get the logic to keep him sharp, but we’ve played twice a week for as long as I can remember. There is a balance between sharpness and rest. I trust ETH and will back his decision as he has all the info, just sure hope he’s right here.
    ETH said himself matches are the fitness training.

We aren't doing much running in training, just recovery + tactical work.

I trust this coaching staff to get it right - none of the players are showing signs of fatigue atm.

Farfetched

I assumed it was some sort of care in the community enterprise for bewildered ex footballers

CloneMC16

Here in South Africa (Supersport) have good coverage for league games, build up, half time and full time analysis, game week previews and recaps etc

However for the cup games there is literally nothing, is this the case in the UK too?
    Nah, we always have full commentary and punditry before and after the game. All games in the league and cups.

The only games I remember watching that had no punditry were the Copa America games shown on BBC.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Keane is hilarious. Is this called working? Him talking to Ten Hag, 2 no nonsense characters. Great stuff.

tjb

Sancho has done well, wonder if part of his time away was working on changing his role?
    That's exactly what I thought happened.

Also I don't think United fans appreciate Bruno enough. He makes a lot of really good passes that go unnoticed due to the overwhelming focus on the risky passes he takes. However, he's imo our most important player and has been for a while. Outside what he does on the ball, I don't think his off the ball attributes getting praised enough. He's always moving, always creating angles, always available as an outlet, yet still has the energy to get up past the striker at times. Defensively, his workrate brings so much to covering our centre. Particularly when Ronaldo was playing with us, I don't think people understand how much pressing coverage Bruno had to do for the team

tjb

They set out to suck Forest off for whatever fecking reason
    I know as a United fan it might sound biased, but I genuinely feel that a lot of commentary teams do this ways more for us than they do with other teams. It's one thing championing the underdog, but where praise is usually shelled out to teams dominating the opposition, that doesn't seem to be the case in our games.

Further to this, instead of talking about our dominance in the games; they focus heavily on targeting individual players within the team or harping about a player like Maguire not getting in the team. Maybe it's just me, but more than other clubs, commentators seem to talk more about our club during the games than they do for other clubs. There is way more discussion on our internal affairs that there seems to be for other top clubs within the country.

Dve

Varane, Case and Bruno I would happy if he didn't start. They need breaks
    Varane? He hasn't played for a while, has he, and I don't see him sweating much tonight either. Rather, I think he was in need of game time.

RedDevilRoshi

Was at the game tonight. Could tell the players were playing in 2nd gear throughout as they knew the tie was literally over. Delighted to see Sancho back. Got a great reception from everyone in the ground which would have done him the world of good.

Last edited:

Coops73

Saudi Arabia are the good guys now?

I guess anyone is facing United, they'd be cheering on death row if they were released to face us.
    If Newcastle had been taken over by a consortium run by Pol Pot and Hitler with Caligula as DOF and shipman as the club doctor the media would still want them to beat us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 166 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Nottingham Forest win
  • Draw