Kick-off
Tue, 12 February 2019 @ 8:02pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 91 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    Telecast Schedule and Info

........VS.,,......

Date - Tuesday, February 12 2019
    Kickoff Time - 2000 Hrs GMT
    Venue - Old Trafford, Manchester

Champions League form guide

Manchester United: DLWWL
    Paris Saint-Germain: WDDWW

Previous Meetings

N/A

All-Time Record

Manchester United wins: N/A
    Paris Saint-Germain wins: N/A
    Draws: N/A

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Thomas Tuchel

Team News

Manchester United

Antonio Valencia and Matteo Darmian ruled out. Marcos Rojo and Victor Lindelöf doubtful.

Paris Saint-Germain

Neymar, Edinson Cavani and Thomas Meunier ruled out. Adrien Rabiot and Lassana Diarra doubtful.

Know the opposition

Paris Saint-Germain Football, commonly known as Paris Saint-Germain, or simply PSG, is a French professional football club based in the city of Paris. Paris Saint-Germain was formed on 12 August 1970 after the fusion of Paris FC – created a year earlier to fill the void of having no top-flight club in the capital – and Stade Saint-Germain, founded in 1904 in Saint-Germain-en-Laye, the birth town of Louis XIV. PSG made an immediate impact both on and off the pitch, building a substantial fanbase and winning promotion to Ligue 1 in their first season after claiming the Ligue 2 title. Their momentum was soon checked, however, and the club split into two in 1972. One branch joined CA Montreuil and continued in the first division under the name of Paris FC, while PSG assumed amateur status and had to restart in the third division.

PSG really took flight in 1973, when fashion designer Daniel Hechter took over the club and designed its classic jersey. Coached by French football legend Just Fontaine, PSG returned to Ligue 1 in 1974 and slowly began attracting the first stars of the Red-and-Blues such as Mustapha Dahleb and Carlos Bianchi. The club also moved into the Parc des Princes that year after spending their formative seasons using the Stade Municipal Georges Lefèvre. Since then, PSG have always played in Ligue 1. Top-tier status was attained within four years and by the end of the 1970s. And in 1978, Daniel Hechter handed control of the club to Francis Borelli, under whose guidance PSG won their first silverware: the Coupe de France in 1982 and 1983 and the league in 1986, during a decade marked by players such as Safet Sušić, Luis Fernández and Dominique Rocheteau.

After lurching from one crisis to another in the 2000s, PSG finally restored a sense of balance in 2011, when the club was purchased by Qatar Sports Investments. The takeover made Paris Saint-Germain one of the wealthiest in the world. Led by star player Zlatan Ibrahimović, team captain Thiago Silva and famous manager Carlo Ancelotti, the elusive league crown was finally brought back to Paris in the 2012–13 season. Zlatan's 30-goal haul almost single-handedly led the capital side to its first Ligue 1 title in 19 years, and third overall.

Paris Saint-Germain has by now established itself as a major force in France, and one of the major forces of European football. They have won a total of 38 trophies, making it the most successful French club in history by this measure. PSG is also the only club to have never been relegated from Ligue 1, the club with most consecutive seasons in the top-flight (they have played 45 seasons in Ligue 1 since 1974) and one of only two French clubs to have won a major European title. Domestically, the Parisians have won seven Ligue 1 titles, a record twelve Coupe de France, a record eight Coupe de la Ligue, and a joint record eight Trophée des Champions titles. The club has also won one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and one UEFA Intertoto Cup. PSG have a long-standing rivalry with Olympique de Marseille. The duo contest French football's most notorious match, known as Le Classique. And they play their homes games at Parc des Princes.

Referee

Daniele Orsato.​

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    De Gea

Young Lindelof Jones Shaw
    Matic
    Herrera Pogba
    Lingard Rashford Martial​

Think the only question is over who Lindelof's partner will be. Every other position is sorted.

prateik

Yeah.. Being realistic.. this is a free hit for Ole.. Would love a positive result, but don't really expect much from this tie.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Team picks itself, can not wait for this game big European nights are back at OT

MiceOnMeth

Who would have thought when this draw was made that we'd be going into this match believing we have a great chance of winning.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
    Pretty good match up as we'll be underdogs and can play on the counter. Also the French did dub us the red devils, there is that.

paulscholes18

DDG
    Young Lindelof Bailly Shaw
    Herrera Matic Pogba
    Lingard Rashford Martial

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
    Feels like forever since we had a tie like this in the CL. I wouldn't count Bayern because of how bad Moyes was, so I guess the nearest would've been Real Madrid in 2013.

I think we're slight favourites on the night but not overall. This said, I have no idea what the score will be, it could be anything.

Marcelinho87

2-0 United

DDG

Young
    Lindelof
    Jones
    Shaw

Matic
    Herrera
    Pogba

Lingard
    Rashford
    Martial

Pogba x1
    Rashford x1

Irrational.

I'll take any result as long as we don't lose by more than a single goal.

Team pretty much picks itself. Think we'll be seeing the highest number of 11/11 team predictions :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    LETS feckING GO. Huge game, and we're in great form. They're obviously one of the best teams in Europe, but without Neymar, we have a chance. Important to have a good start at home, but we can do it. Think the starting 11 is pretty straight forward for this.

De Gea
    Matic
    Herrera Pogba

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    De Gea

Matic
    Herrera Pogba

Think the only question is over who Lindelof's partner will be. Every other position is sorted.
    I'd be hoping for that lineup. Jones has looked good in the last couple of months. Smalling did really well today, but less good on the ball and maybe a big ask after a 90mins today. Bailly has the pace, but he's a risky player to field.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Team picks itself. I think we'll beat them, but we'll probably need a 'comfortable' win to progress to the next round.

Varun

Staff
    How things change! Couple of months tha ago and I was excited about the occasion but expected a drab shitshow from us to go with the eventual loss. Now, I think we can definitely beat them and even if we don't, we'll give a great account of ourselves.

Bring it on!!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    I'd be hoping for that lineup. Jones has looked good in the last couple of months. Smalling did really well today, but less good on the ball and maybe a big ask after a 90mins today. Bailly has the pace, but he's a risky player to field.
    Yeah, I can't see Smalling going in. Will take a few games to get fully up to speed. I see Bailly as too much of a risk personally. Jones isn't ideal either but has done well of late.

podurban2

I love how we FINALLY have a set XI going into these kind of games (except for Victor’s partner of course).

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Yeah, I can't see Smalling going in. Will take a few games to get fully up to speed. I see Bailly as too much of a risk personally. Jones isn't ideal either but has done well of late.
    My sentiments too. But Jones has been pretty faultless recently. Hopefully he continues in this fashion.

predator

Youth NITK
    I have a feeling that our French lads are going to cause havoc against their local club. They are from Paris/ Parisian suburbs right?
    I'm confident for this one now.

Sanchez7

De Gea

Matic
    Herrera Pogba

Just got me thinking, it took Ole two months to know his best eleven while Jose didn't know his 3rd season in.

Alemar

------------------------De Gea-----------------------
    Young-------- Lindelof ------ Bailly --------- Shaw
    ------------------------Matic------------------------
    ---------------Herrera ---------- Pogba -----------
    -----Lingard ------- Rashford ------- Martial ------

That would be the strongest side

Bwuk

Team picks itself bar who partners Lindelof.

I wonder whether he’ll play the diamond or 433.

Raven

Think we'll definitely win this leg. Our form is just too good. Whether we beat them in Paris is a different story.

Alabaster Codify7

I predict a goalfest.

-------------------------DDG-----------------------------------
    Young---------Smalling--------Lindelöf------------------Shaw
    ------------------------Matic---------------------------------
    --------Herrera--------------------Pogba-----------------------
    Lingard---------------Rashford-----------------------Martial

SUBS - Sanchez (Lingard), Lukaku (Rashford), Dalot (Herrera)

Man United 3 - 2 PSG
    Pogba, Rashford, Martial

Red Royal

Bring them on. When the draw was made i feared an embarrassment. Now I am confident, what a turnaround!!

AJ10

Hoping for a good result for us to take into second game. Need a good performance and one thing we can't let them do is, out work us. No way in hell can they out work us.

Escape Goat

Supports
    Forest
    Think we'll definitely win this leg. Our form is just too good. Whether we beat them in Paris is a different story.
    2-1 first leg, and with Rashford, Martial and Pogba in counter mode in Paris anything is possible.

rio's upper lip

Tough to call this one. On one side I don't fully trust the likes of Lindelöf, Jones, Smalling, Young and Shaw to hold their ground against a top European side.

On the other hand we've got some serious firepower up front and a buzzing home crowd to lift the team.

I'd take any win as long as we don't concede.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 405 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw