Kick-off
Tue, 12 February 2019 @ 8:02pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 91 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SATA

I have massive respect for him, but has 40 year Buffon been dodgy in the net for PSG? I see that he has been sharing games around with the young french keeper

Jacob

Everyone needs to see Evra's latest instagram post :lol: Love him!

El Presidente

They certainly aren't underdogs, yes they have lost 2 key players but they still have quality players who can hurt us. I think we have more of a chance now then we did few weeks ago.
    They are official underdogs as per the odds. They are still favorites to win the tie, but not by much currently.

tomaldinho1

I keep thinking Ole's going to play three at the back and two up top - don't actually think it's that bad an idea...

-----------------------DDG---------------------
    ---------- Bailly --- Jones --- Lindelof --------
    Young------------------------------------ Shaw
    --------------- Matic --- Herrera --------------
    -------------------- Pogba ---------------------
    ------------ Rashford --- Martial --------------

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    PSG squad members spotted by MEN photographers.

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Areola, Cibois

Defenders: Alves, Silva, Bernat, Kurzawa, Kehrer, Kimpembe, Marquinhos

Midfielders: Verratti, Paredes, Di Maria, Draxler, Nkunku

Forwards: Mbappe, Choupo-Moting, Diaby.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/psg-squad-vs-man-utd-15812646
    That's just 18 players including 3 GKs. Surely someone else will be there as well. Some old fashioned subterfuge to bring in Cavani, having him traveling separately? :smirk:

Alemar

That's just 18 players including 3 GKs. Surely someone else will be there as well. Some old fashioned subterfuge to bring in Cavani, having him traveling separately? :smirk:
    But he won't be fit anyway. If they want to play an unfit striker, let them

breakout67

Supports
    Man City
    We'll win 3-1. A 1-1 draw with Cavani missing 3 sitters will put us through in Paris :)

Devil81

PSG squad members spotted by MEN photographers.

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Areola, Cibois

Defenders: Alves, Silva, Bernat, Kurzawa, Kehrer, Kimpembe, Marquinhos

Midfielders: Verratti, Paredes, Di Maria, Draxler, Nkunku

Forwards: Mbappe, Choupo-Moting, Diaby.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/psg-squad-vs-man-utd-15812646

Nothing too much to fear there for me, obviously, Mbappe and Di Maria can score amazing goals but we've got equal players in our squad.

I'd like to see how they will handle Paul Pogba on current form.

FootballHQ

Supports
    Aston Villa
    That's not too bad, would imagine they'll play Mbappe upfront on his own and have likes of Draxler and ADM in support.

I will go for 2-1 Man. United which will set things up nicely for second leg. Would be very surprised if PSG don't get an away goal as they still have plenty of goal threats playing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Heard this on the Total Football Weekly podcast - United have played a French opposition in Champions League knock-out stages 7 times. They have won 6 out of those 7, with the only loss being to Monaco in a 2-1 defeat. Our only goalscorer that night? Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

Interestingly enough, none of those 7 opponents were PSG.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    Heard this on the Total Football Weekly podcast - United have played a French opposition in Champions League knock-out stages 7 times. They have won 6 out of those 7, with the only loss being to Monaco in a 2-1 defeat. Our only goalscorer that night? Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

I was at the home leg v Monaco in 1998, Trezeguet scored an absolute screamer early on and United (without Roy Keane) just struggled for the entire game. Ole got the equalizer late on but we were never winning that game.

sam147

They will come to play football. I cant see Tuchel changing the style of play. If anything he might change the formation for stability. I think losing attacking players has its advantages and disadvantages. When Neymar and Cavani play Draxler-Dimaria play as CMs. They pose attacking threat but we could've exploited them through Pogba/Lingard on the counter. It will be interesting to see the lineup. Tuchel wont specifically set out to neutralize our attacks and we wont do the same to them. Im expecting a good game. Would really like to see Bailly start because Young will be at his usual nonsense again offering nothing defensively and offensively and we need pace to cover for him. Would also like to see Fred play at least as a substitute. He is a very European midfielder even though he is Brazillian.

peridigm

Some people on here wanted him as the interim manager.
    I did too, until he ate the raw chicken.

Seriously though, he is best suited as an ambassador for the club. Even then I'm sure the staff are on walking on pins and needles when he's in the room.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
    Patrice is an absolute legend.

So hyped for this game now I just hope we win! Opportunity to put 2/3/4 past these guys tomorrow. If we’re up for it I believe we can do it!

Jeffthered

:D
    This is a Manchester United player. Fantastic character. He would probably play tomorrow if he could. and to think, when Moyes arrived, the first thing he wanted to do was replace him with Leighton Baines. (and I have a lot of time for Leighton Baines...but come on...)

OldTrevil

I expect to batter these, a 3-0 scoreline is very likely. Bailly to handle Mpabbe fine and it will be a fun game overall.
    --------------DDG--------------
    Young--Bailly--Lindelof--Shaw
    -------------Matic--------------
    ----Herrera-------Pogba-------
    ------------Lingard------------
    ---Rashford-------Martial-----​

Jeffthered

Do see goals in this game. I think the occasion will also lift their players, and they have some terrific talent. The fact that both Cavani and Neymar are not fit, I feel does swing things in our favour. Just.

Our front three must play well, and be pretty clinical.

A tough, tough game, but a magnificent game, and what a spectacle. Can only look forward to it.

Gasolin

The French journalists still talk about United being still beatable, I want us to go kill them at home, I want Martial, Rashford, Pogba to kill them and De Gea to deny everything!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
    May sound strange but I think we are in for a shocker tomorrow, I am just not used to things being so positive and most people have suddenly started believing that we will beat PSG

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    At the stage now where I'd be disappointed to not get through. United have got a better starting eleven available, a better squad and are in better form. Not looked forward to the latter stages of a European season like this one for quite a while.

Not saying it is going to be easy, but this United's best chance in the CL since 2008/9.

crossy1686

career ending
    I have massive respect for him, but has 40 year Buffon been dodgy in the net for PSG? I see that he has been sharing games around with the young french keeper
    Buffon will lose his shit tomorrow if we score a couple, he knows this is probably his last shot at CL glory. Let's help send him off into retirement shall we.

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
    Buffon will lose his shit tomorrow if we score a couple, he knows this is probably his last shot at CL glory. Let's help send him off into retirement shall we.
    Will he even play?
    When I’ve watched them lately he hasn’t been in goal

PSG & buffon are both under massive pressure to deliver this or least get to final

Hope it makes them twitchy

thoward

It's not a lisp!

Monaco was a 1-1 draw, a 0-0 draw in the 1st leg, meant they went through on away goals. Monaco were blessed not to concede a penalty at 0ld Trafford. One of a good few occasions that United went out on away goals in Europe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 405 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw