Manchester United vs Perth Glory (Sat 13th July, 12:00 UK time)

Web of Bissaka

I think we will only see 22 players out of the 28 for this game, unless sudden injuries force more.

1st half: the usual and seniors minus Lukaku(?).
De Gea
Young - Smalling - Lindelof - Shaw
McTominay - Matic - Pogba
Lingard - Rashford - Martial​

2nd half: mostly the two new players and the kids.
Joel
AWB - Bailly - Tuanzebe - Dalot
Mata - Garner - Pereira
Gomes - Greenwood - Chong​

Let's see.

EDIT: :lol: Forgot about Tuanzebe. Damnit. We're going with 6 CBs this season?

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

James Greenwood Lingard
Pogba Garner Pereira
Shaw Lindelof Tuanzebe Wan-Bissaka
Pereira

Chong Rashford Mata
Gomes Matic McTominay
Young Jones Smalling Dalot
De Gea​

Hawks2008

Are perth glory in the middle of their season? How good are they
Nah the seasons over and won't start again til October I believe. They're pretty good as far as A-league teams go, they finished 1st on the ladder but lost the grand final to Sydney fc on penalties.

prateik

Looking forwrd to this.. as shit as they were towards the end of last season, I have missed watching United play.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Does MUTV offer a VOD replay of the game?

It's like 6:00 AM my time for the game. Would love to watch it when I wake up.
Yes, very likely it will be available on demand and on demand videos on MUTV app are there usually for 120 days.

SolskjaerHasDoneIt

Even after our website update it still manages to be terrible.

When I select the subscription i want all it does is highlight it in yellow, it doesn't proceed and doesn't give you the option to either :lol:

Edit - Had to do it on mobile as the website on PC wouldn't work

Last edited:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Read somewhere that Perth might be trotting out a couple of 15-year olds (one of them the coach's son) due to a player shortage.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

I wonder what Ole's plan would be - play the fittest players first or the ones who aren't so much well prepared.

SapperBRed75

At least the last 25 years. Remember in 1995/6 playing Selangor in Malaysia?
We've been playing pre-season friendlies overseas for a lot longer than that. The commercial side is more pronounced now, but let's not kid ourselves that in the good old days we played Bury behind closed doors at the Cliff because we didn't do PR... e.g. 1982, Vancouver Whitecaps and Seattle Sounders in Canada. I think we toured in Germany and Scandinavia quite a bit in the 70's although this is before my time.

Last edited:

BigBebe

I am trying to get myself up for this game. Normally I watch every moment of the pre-season training/ press conferences etc but I just realised that I haven't actually had MUTV on for at least 3 months.

If we see a line up that includes Young, Smalling and Jones then that might be it for me, Ole desperately needs to inject something fresh and dynamic into this side.

Chairman Steve

I’m waiting for the day again where we can just go out and put some minnow team to the sword and win by 3-4 goals like when we went to the Far East and destroyed some random Chinese teams. It’s going to be some bullshit boring 1-0 win where it’s deflected in or some scruffy two yard tap in.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The United staff member rushed to hospital was coach Mark Dempsey. Dehydration. His wife saying he's doing fine.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I've no idea what team we'll play. I'm hoping there will be some kind of statement of intent in there and we'll see next season's team rather than one that should have been phased out in 17/18.

I'm also hoping that we don't have to listen to Ole make the, "they were all knackered after a 6 hour training session yesterday," speech.

I'd like to see Rashford looking 100% fit and sharp and some signs that we've got a left side combination (at least) that look like a serious attacking threat.

U-ni-ted.

Smores

Unless the youngsters are playing not going to bother. Bit of a nothing game so may as well start with the Leeds game.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I always find these early pre-season games pointless. We'll field a number of players who'll be nowhere near the match day squad for our opening day PL defeat.

DoomSlayer

I always find these early pre-season games pointless. We'll field a number of players who'll be nowhere near the match day squad for our opening day PL defeat.
Our whole squad bar Fred and Darmian (Sanchez too but eh, who cares) are on this tour. Main players should be playing this game, surely.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Our whole squad bar Fred and Darmian (Sanchez too but eh, who cares) are on this tour. Main players should be playing this game, surely.
I'm not disputing that they are all on tour, but the manager will be all about giving the fringe players game time early on, because as we get to the end of pre-season it'll be all about the main players.

Thisistheone

Excited to watch us again. Hopefully we get to see James and AWB linking up on that right flank.