Manchester United vs Perth Glory (Sat 13th July, 12:00 UK time)

El-Manos

Also if you subscribe for a month, is it cancelled automatically do you have to renew it yourself or does the company renew it for you?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think we will surprise some of the cnuty debbie-downers here and the pundits this season.
Some of these clowns are predicting bottom half of the table, so shouldn’t take much. The main difference will be our pressing and pace of transition, which should suit some of our players far more than what we were trying to do previously.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Also if you subscribe for a month, is it cancelled automatically do you have to renew it yourself or does the company renew it for you?
Have to cancel it yourself. I’ve cancelled it on the same phone call that I’ve taken it out before.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Definition of a false dawn.
Look mate, everybody knows there's nothing doing this year unless we get a couple more quality players in and ideally shift some shite. But given the squad available to Ole and the circumstances surrounding the various players this is clearly an interesting selection. You could even say he's saving his stronger players (De Gea, Smalling, Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Pogba, Rashford etc) for the 2nd half which means he potentially sees Gomes and Greenwood in with them. If you're not excited that's fair enough, don't watch the game, but I think it's quite a good selection personally.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Excited to watch this game, some of these youngsters will know they could claim first team roles this season if they play well enough. Really hope Chong plays well.

sherrinford

If anything, it shows he is in the deadwood category – players in this starting line up will not play on the opening day of the season.
Why on earth would the manager specifically pick all the out of favour players for the first pre-season game starting line-up? There is nothing to glean from this at all.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Got a months subscription of MUTV to watch the games. Got it on my phone for 10 euro. I will cancel once the games are over.

Mind you, they were offering MUTV on the app for 40 euro a year which is good value.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
"Second half will be 11 new ones, so we'll make all subs at half-time and then everyone gets 45 minutes, a good workout apart from the ones that have a few niggles"

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Just seen a guy on Twitter who's been sharing green and gold Anti Glazer content all summer tweet that he's just purchased his MUTV subscribtion and he's buzzing...

I hate people, I really do :houllier:

Dante

Average bang
Why on earth would the manager specifically pick all the out of favour players for the first pre-season game starting line-up? There is nothing to glean from this at all.
Because he wants to give the first teamers as many minutes together as possible, in order for them to build up some chemistry.

That means playing the non-first teamers at a different point in the game.

Santos J

Imagine moaning about the line up in the first game of pre-season ffs

Web of Bissaka

I don't get why Young is the boogeyman. He's a decent player who never lets anyone down. He'll be third or fourth choice fullback this season.

If anyone deserves criticism, it's Dalot for failing to displace him last season. Not that I think he does, since he's only a kid. But the direction of people's ire is misplaced when it's targeted at a model professional who only plays because his manager picks him.
Did he though..
I admire your confidence that he'll be 3rd or 4th choice. We shall see that.

Maybe some criticism should also be to both the manager for picking him and Young who made the performances he did, but seeing you're seemingly fine with Young's performance, nvm. I'm disappointed with his overall performance last season, the Young that I knew can do a lot better than that, yet for some reason his supposedly good decision makings at the back and at the centre of the field are non-existent, I don't get it, no signs of declining, as if he's starting to play half-ass football, but so good at pretending to give a feck - just need to show you care when playing eg. yelling to refs and teammates, fighting, throw your fist, and running a lot. That's enough to fool some fans. Playing proper football? and getting back to my best? no need.

Fox outside the box

Excited to watch this game, some of these youngsters will know they could claim first team roles this season if they play well enough. Really hope Chong plays well.
Think that's key. It can often feel like they're there to make up the numbers, but we've got a handful of promising players and they genuinely have the chance this pre season and in the season to come to earn a place in the team for the coming seasons. It's pretty exciting.

sherrinford

Because he wants to give the first teamers as many minutes together as possible, in order for them to build up some chemistry.

That means playing the non-first teamers at a different point in the game.
Such nonsense...

Web of Bissaka

Excited to see some of the players back.
Not much to expect from pre-season the very first game though.

---

:nervous: Will this match thread be like usual?
Win = it's just preseason.
Draw = our players are rubbish.
Lose = our players and manager are rubbish.

Dazzmondo

I expect to see a good performance from Chong. I liked some of the positions he got into when given the chance last season because attacking movement is tough to teach but he definitely needs to improve his composure. Great chance for him this season with our current rw situation. Personally I feel he's the closest to being ready of the youngsters (we'll see what Greenwood looks like in this pre-season, obviously Ole is bigging him up for a reason).

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
MAG Box loaded and ready and unlike some on here I’m looking forward to seeing us play.

DoomSlayer

Excited to see some of the players back.
Not much to expect from pre-season the very first game though.

---

:nervous: Will this match thread be like usual?
Win = it's just preseason.
Draw = our players are rubbish.
Lose = our players and manager are rubbish.
I bet Young makes a mistake that leads to a goal and all hell breaks lose. :lol:

Jacob

PM good sauce for mobile stream please. My googling haven't unearthed much.

Dante

Average bang
Did he though..
I admire your confidence that he'll be 3rd or 4th choice. We shall see that.

Maybe some criticism should also be to both the manager for picking him and Young who made the performances he did, but seeing you're seemingly fine with Young's performance, nvm. I'm disappointed with his overall performance last season, the Young that I knew can do a lot better than that, yet for some reason his supposedly good decision makings at the back and at the centre of the field are non-existent, I don't get it, no signs of declining, as if he's starting to play half-ass football, but so good at pretending to give a feck - just need to show you care when playing eg. yelling to refs and teammates, fighting, throw your fist, and running a lot. That's enough to fool some fans. Playing proper football? and getting back to my best? no need.
He didn't let anyone down. He's been turned into the boogeyman, and the more often the meme is repeated, the more people believe it. Check this thread for proof. Hell, it gets brought up all the time in totally irrelevant places, too. If all you did was watch the matches and avoid the internet, you'd see that Young hasn't been anywhere near as bad as that.

Young plays to his level. He's good, but not great. He's consistent and hardworking, but not a gamechanger. If his rivals for his position can't displace him, that's their fault.

He'll be 3rd or 4th choice unless somebody else fecks up. Young, for all his shortcomings, rarely does.

Infestissumam

what exactly is people's problem with the lineup? Tuanzebe, Chong, James and Dalot make it really interesting for me, I also want to see Martial up front. What did you guys expect? Are you throwing out your toys every time Lingard and Young are in the lineup this year? Because then I have bad news for you ...

Litch

Looking forward to watching the reds again. Pre-season I know but still sticks in my throat seeing Jones, Smalling and bloody Young with the armband

NYAS

Think it's an inverted front three like much of last season under Solskjaer.
How? There are two out-and-out wingers in there in addition to Lingard and Martial.

He’s clearly experimenting Martial at CF.

tidraKS

We’ll win like 3-4:0, it’s just an Australian team ffs.