Kick-off
Sun, 14 September 2014 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 54 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mersault

Wow. Just wow. Breathtaking stuff. What encourages me the most, besides AdM's stunning display, is that neither Rooney nor RvP now need to drop deep to get the ball. Really no excuses for both of them now.
    Well, it's OK for them to drop and receive the ball if they look to lay it to someone who is running into space, but they've been playing it back mostly. I'm sure Van Gaal will address this. This could also be explained by Mata having to drift given Di Maria is always looking for the ball so roaming. We might increase our attacking prowess with another quick dynamic player along with Di Maria coming in for Mata, at the moment, the only player capable would be Januzaj.

Refreshing to see a team without Young and without Tony (much as I love Tony)

PvsNP

It's been a while since we've played this well. Love it.

This is the type of progression in our play we didn't see at all last year. I fully trust LvG to get us back to the top.

Wolverine

Blind has been fantastic, ditto for Herrera, Rojo. Di Maria obviously the star of the show but was that ever in doubt? Shows what having a good midfield can have. Really really hope we don't see Fellaini, Fletcher in there much more. I actually think with Januzaj, Falcao we can play even much better because you can see the difference in urgency/pace Di Maria has compared to our other forward players. But really glad the new faces playing really well.

Substitution for Queens Park Rangers

Half-time substitution: Traore on for Hill.

Second-half kick-off

GodSentMeAnAngel:)

Excellent first half, and they've put a smile on god knows how many faces with the style of football they're playing.

Rafael is a brilliant player for us, Herrera has been very impressive and just has skill and ability that previous midfielders for us didn't posses.

Di Maria. It's an absolute pleasure watching this boy dribble down the touchline:drool::keano:

Oddboy

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a utd match so much. Forget that it's QPR it's clear to see the potential this team has. I was fully expecting a scrappy 1 - 0 today and am pleased to be proved wrong. If we can avoid injuries this season could quiet a lot of the ABUs.

Great so far but we must sustain this. Try and get some momentum and a feel good factor back around the place. I'd like to see us get back into the habit of creating chances at will. Got to sharpen up that defending too.

Looking forward to seeing Falcao and Shaw in the team as well.

R'hllor

Those saying things like "United is back" etc. should chill a bit,few more things needs to click,there is long road ahead for us.Do not want to be party pooper but i would not like to see those same people raging if we play like crap next game.

Dé jonge god

Other players can perform to their abilities forward because Blind covers the space left behind. The silent engine.

Oneunited26

We are partly playing a back 5, it's almost 3 systems in one go. 433 442 and 352

______DDG
    Rafeal Evans Blackett rojo
    ________blind
    Herrera_______di Maria
    _______mata______
    ____ Rooney RVP

Blind could be seen has the third CB has he is playing the deepest midfielder

RetroStu

I hope we have another good half, lets get our shit together, it would do us the world of good.

47 min

And Di Maria works hard too, he tracks back and gets well stuck into a few challenges before emerging with the ball and clearing with a back-heel. Classy.

felipe

Di Maria is going to rape the Premier League. By far the best player in Britain.

Silverman

Defence is a worry to be honest. They are good players but they are not experienced enough.

TonyTheYank

We still managed some horrible defending(decision making) against a non-existent attack. Everything else looks fantastic though. I feel like we can go into some of our tougher fall fixtures and not be totally mortified. Still work to do, but great result so far.

48 min

Early chance for QPR as Traore drives at the United defence which stands off and he sets up Kranjcar for a shot from the edge of the box which De Gea saves with his foot.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Angel Di Maria image Angel Di Maria 73% of 1010 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 705 ratings.

Score Predictions