Manchester United vs Rayo Vallecano (Sun 31st July, 16:00 UK time) | Happy King (Bebe) Day

Real Name

I couldn’t give a shit what he’s like, aslong as he performs and he was still outperforming most of his teammates last season. We should be more grateful if you ask me.
You're right, we should be lucky if he shits on the club some more.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
The irony is that we can put down Ronaldo because his best days were back in 2008, whilst referring that the king was Eric Cantona (whilst the original King of the Stretty End was actually Dennis Law).
Ah thanks!
I am not putting down Ronaldo because his best days were back in 2008. It's more for how he's behaved over the summer. Surely for someone who was still adored here till June after using the club as a stepping stone and spending his prime elsewhere (not saying this was wrong since he wanted to go to Madrid), you'd think he'd show United some respect.

Now he walks back in and starts with cringe posts calling himself king. I'm also worried how he'll be bad for team morale if he isn't first choice even for a while. We welcomed back Scholes with open arms in 2012 when he came back from retirement even though he was way past his best. I don't think any of the fanbase puts down our players because their best days are behind them. It's more to do with the way they act.

Reactions: Penna

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Ah thanks!
I am not putting down Ronaldo because his best days were back in 2008. It's more for how he's behaved over the summer. Surely for someone who was still adored here till June after using the club as a stepping stone and spending his prime elsewhere (not saying this was wrong since he wanted to go to Madrid), you'd think he'd show United some respect.

Now he walks back in and starts with cringe posts calling himself king. I'm also worried how he'll be bad for team morale if he isn't first choice even for a while. We welcomed back Scholes with open arms in 2012 when he came back from retirement even though he was way past his best. I don't think any of the fanbase puts down our players because their best days are behind them. It's more to do with the way they act.
So based on some tweet posted by God knows who we’re going to judge Ronaldo as an arrogant useless cnut, one of our greatest ever players.

Real Name

So based on some tweet posted by God knows who we’re going to judge Ronaldo as an arrogant useless cnut, one of our greatest ever players.
Giggs is one of our greatest players too.
And a scumbag.
Do you see where I'm getting at?

Rams

Do you honestly believe that's the reason he acts like the universe revolves around him?
No, it’s the reason he was given a longer leave. His missus probably needed the support I would imagine, certainly quite normal for an employer to give compassionate leave after such a tragic event.

Rams

Giggs is one of our greatest players too.
And a scumbag.
Do you see where I'm getting at?
Ronaldo has supposedly called himself the King, Giggs shagged a s brother sister for years on end, then beat up his missus. See what I mean?

Real Name

Ronaldo has supposedly called himself the King, Giggs shagged a s brother sister for years on end, then beat up his missus. See what I mean?
You missed the point entirely.
Ronaldo has skipped preseason, his agent is offering him all around Europe and suddenly he says he'll play on Sunday. If he acts like a cnut, he should be called on it, one of the greatest players or not.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ronaldo’s done an awful lot more than that off the pitch and you know it…

Laurencio

I didn't know Cantona was out of retirement, will be exciting to see how good he is - must be quite good if Ten Hag is letting him play.

r1z3mu

There is only one king and he retired long time ago!

Rockets Redglare

No, it’s the reason he was given a longer leave. His missus probably needed the support I would imagine, certainly quite normal for an employer to give compassionate leave after such a tragic event.
That would be a fair argument if he hadn’t came back to training less than a week after it happened and only missed one match.
It’s a horrendous thing to happen to anyone and no one would’ve begrudged him a month off at the time, but I struggle to believe this absence is anything but Ronaldo sulking and trying to force a move.

Rams

That would be a fair argument if he hadn’t came back to training less than a week after it happened and only missed one match.
It’s a horrendous thing to happen to anyone and no one would’ve begrudged him a month off at the time, but I struggle to believe this absence is anything but Ronaldo sulking and trying to force a move.
He was given a longer leave on compassionate grounds, at least according to the club themselves. This was known even before the press started publishing stories of him wanting to leave.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Ronaldo is the best player I’ve ever seen play for United in my 45 years I’ve been following the club, and by far. And that’s even considering brilliant players such as Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Cantona, Keane, Bryan Robson, Steve Coppell, etc. Maybe Best comes close to Ronaldo, but unfortunately I’m not old enough to have seen him play.
I agree that he is probably the best player I've seen for Utd in that 2/3 year period but that does not give him (or any other player) the right to treat the club like dirt.
Are we to be grateful he will play for us at the weekend after his 10 week holiday on £600k pw because despite offering himself to every CL club, he hasnt had any takers.
JUST GO AWAY Ronnie

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He was given a longer leave on compassionate grounds, at least according to the club themselves. This was known even before the press started publishing stories of him wanting to leave.
You're embarrassing yourself. Go and take a lie down and come back tomorrow.

Dancal

Supports
Footy
I agree that he is probably the best player I've seen for Utd in that 2/3 year period but that does not give him (or any other player) the right to treat the club like dirt.
Are we to be grateful he will play for us at the weekend after his 10 week holiday on £600k pw because despite offering himself to every CL club, he hasnt had any takers.
JUST GO AWAY Ronnie
This exactly.

Would have joined Chelsea if they wanted him

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Wow. I know Giggs went down a dark hole but accusing him of incest too. :confused:

Bondi77

Ronaldo is the best player I’ve ever seen play for United in my 45 years I’ve been following the club, and by far. And that’s even considering brilliant players such as Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Cantona, Keane, Bryan Robson, Steve Coppell, etc. Maybe Best comes close to Ronaldo, but unfortunately I’m not old enough to have seen him play.
He had two great seasons while at the club and is one of the greatest to ever play the game but as a Manchester United fan I hold Robbo and Keano in higher regard.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I saw George Best play and , on today's pitches against defenders who would not be allowed to kick him up in the air, he would have been better than all of them. Unfortunately, that is a pointless exercise. But, believe me, he was brilliant - if you get a chance to watch any old matches with Best playing on pitches that made that one at Perth look good, then try to do so.

Rams

He had two great seasons while at the club and is one of the greatest to ever play the game but as a Manchester United fan I hold Robbo and Keano in higher regard.
Oh me too, don’t get me wrong. And so do Giggs & Scholes. But still, Ronaldo deserves to be treated better by the fans than in this thread.