Manchester United vs Rayo Vallecano (Sun 31st July, 16:00 UK time) | Happy King (Bebe) Day

acnumber9

Cavani treated himself to a long summer because he fancied a bit more sun. All the while desperately trying to leave and was still being treated like a demigod. At least Ronaldo has had the decency to be a much better player.

evil_geko

This thread is a feckin disgrace.
Ronaldo fanboyism is a fecking disgrace. Backlash that Ronaldo is getting on the other hand is fecking deserved. If you only care about how great the player is even if he is a cnut, that's fine, but don't expect others to go so low.

RedDevilRoshi

The reception when he steps onto the pitch is going to be interesting. I’m not a fan of booing your own players but as a one off, if anyone was to jeer him then I wouldn’t blame them one bit. Showed a complete lack of respect to both the club and the fans.

Last edited:

Bondi77

Oh me too, don’t get me wrong. And so do Giggs & Scholes. But still, Ronaldo deserves to be treated better by the fans than in this thread.
He has seriously tarnished his image as a Manchester united player by his latest actions.
He has shown he does not give a feck about the club and it is all about him and what he can win so I hope he just leaves and we can get another striker in his place.

alexthelion

I saw George Best play and , on today's pitches against defenders who would not be allowed to kick him up in the air, he would have been better than all of them. Unfortunately, that is a pointless exercise. But, believe me, he was brilliant - if you get a chance to watch any old matches with Best playing on pitches that made that one at Perth look good, then try to do so.
Agreed, Best in full flow was something else.

Bulldog United

Welcome home Bebé. :) I wish could get to the game, it'll be an amazing occasion. Hopefully Fergie will have time to say hello.

OpenIntrovert

Oh no, not another thread just to bash Ronaldo. Can you guys just shift his "king" post to the Ronaldo thread so you can bash him there? Lets leave this thread to the game shall we?

I suppose all the fringe players will be playing this game. Steve McClaren will be heading this game?

roseguy64

Oh no, not another thread just to bash Ronaldo. Can you guys just shift his "king" post to the Ronaldo thread so you can bash him there? Lets leave this thread to the game shall we?

I suppose all the fringe players will be playing this game. Steve McClaren will be heading this game?
Why would he? Oslo to Manchester shouldn't mean EtH would be suffering from jetlag. Plus at least one of our goalies from the Saturday game will play on Sunday.

Andersonson

Love when fans turns on player because of rumours online. The new future looks bright.

Better not look up

prateik

Will Ronaldo cry on the pitch if there was a banner saying something about Cantona being the only King in Manchester??

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
So based on some tweet posted by God knows who we’re going to judge Ronaldo as an arrogant useless cnut, one of our greatest ever players.
Like I said, I'm talking about how he's been so unprofessional over the summer. Just because he's been one of our best players ever doesn't mean he can act like an arrogant cnut. Fair enough if your love for him lets you see past all that but I can't say the same for myself.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The reception when he steps onto the pitch is going to be interesting. I’m not a fan of booing your own players but as a one off, if anyone was to jeer him then I wouldn’t blame them one bit. Showed a complete lack of disrespect to both the club and the fans.
Lack of DISrespect?!

prateik

I hope he gets booed non stop.. more a message to the club than the player.. let him go.. no one wants him.

BarstoolProphet

Cavani treated himself to a long summer because he fancied a bit more sun. All the while desperately trying to leave and was still being treated like a demigod. At least Ronaldo has had the decency to be a much better player.
Not comparable. Cavani is a nothing player in our history. Ronaldo is the best ever to play for the club and was/is suppose to be a club legend.

Bondi77

Not comparable. Cavani is a nothing player in our history. Ronaldo is the best ever to play for the club and was/is suppose to be a club legend.
He had two really good seasons with us but if you are going to say that he is the best ever to play for us then we may as well say that Messi is the best ever to play for PSG!
There has been better players for Utd over their careers than Ronnie.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That would be a fair argument if he hadn’t came back to training less than a week after it happened and only missed one match.
It’s a horrendous thing to happen to anyone and no one would’ve begrudged him a month off at the time, but I struggle to believe this absence is anything but Ronaldo sulking and trying to force a move.
Yup. When there was something in it for himself (i.e. padding his career goal stats) personal tragedy was no barrier to playing football.

BarstoolProphet

He had two really good seasons with us but if you are going to say that he is the best ever to play for us then we may as well say that Messi is the best ever to play for PSG!
There has been better players for Utd over their careers than Ronnie.
I said he's the best ever to play for us, not United's greatest ever. With that I mean that he reached the highest peak I have ever seen from a United player, the same can't be said for Messi at PSG. But he's pretty far down the pecking order when it comes to our greatest ever player.

Glorio

Love when fans turns on player because of rumours online. The new future looks bright.

Better not look up
Let's not pretend these are just cheap press rumours just because project backtrack is now in full swing.

Do you honestly think he's not looking for an exit?

Do you honestly think his camp didn't leak that to the press? We're not talking daily mail here.

Do you honestly think the clubs who have stated in public that they're not interested in what's proposed are just talking about some random player for no reason?

Do you honestly think the fact that he missed the entire pre-season, and came back (as his first contact this season) into a big meeting with his agent, has nothing to do with his trying to force an exit?

Bondi77

I said he's the best ever to play for us, not United's greatest ever. With that I mean that he reached the highest peak I have ever seen from a United player, the same can't be said for Messi at PSG. But he's pretty far down the pecking order when it comes to our greatest ever player.
George Best hit a higher peak when we won the European Cup.

The Dane

It’s really difficult to see any future for Ronaldo as a player at United after this.
The sad thing is that the whole thing could have been treated much more delicate and still ended up with a win win for both parties.
The club is looking for a fresh start under a new manager and a playing style that doesn’t fit a 37 year old Ronaldo. He is looking for a club where he can play CHL football and maybe have a final shot at the domestic title, and United could use the saved wages for the rebuild.
I don’t know who is to blame for this ending up as the nightmare it’s turning into, but I tend to put the blame on Ronaldo as he holds all the cards. He is the one with the fat contract which the club has to honour. He can go and search for other options and if they fail there is always a final year at United at 450k a month. Of course the club can refuse to sell him but what option is that with a year left on his contract and the possibility of him stinking up the dressing room because the club wouldn’t let him go.
It is really a shame that what should have been a final love affair between United and Ronaldo is turning into this and I hope that the audience at Old Trafford on Sunday will neither boo nor cheer for him but just treat him with silence and hope it’s his final game for us.

OpenIntrovert

Let's not pretend these are just cheap press rumours just because project backtrack is now in full swing.

Do you honestly think he's not looking for an exit?

Do you honestly think his camp didn't leak that to the press? We're not talking daily mail here.

Do you honestly think the clubs who have stated in public that they're not interested in what's proposed are just talking about some random player for no reason?

Do you honestly think the fact that he missed the entire pre-season, and came back (as his first contact this season) into a big meeting with his agent, has nothing to do with his trying to force an exit?
The only fact we have is that he was looking to leave, but no reason given on why he wanted to leave and whether he is still interested to leave. Most probably it is due to his personal issues which is a valid reason.

However the problem we have is that most of you are "conveniently" trusting the media articles as if it is the gospel of truth. Just like us, the media have no idea what is happening and are just writing 1+1=2 stories to keep their business going. The best part is when you guys say that you are irritated with the saga when the saga only exists in the media articles. Not sure if the media or you guys are more hilarious.

Coming back to the match, I have a feeling that ETH will try players in different positions again. He looks like he is trying to stretch the possibilities of each players to see what other positions they can fit in. I think we might see most of the youth team players in this match.

MalaysianRed7

A lack of disrespect is what the person I quoted wrote. My point was, a lack of respect is what he was trying to say.
Apologies, completely passed me by :lol: I’m sure that’s what he means as well, no one in their right mind thinks Ronaldo hasn’t disrespected the fans this summer.

Greck

This is why the bar of expectation should be higher not lower. It's not even like we've done him dirty either time he quit the club. Is treated like a king. Even has people rushing to his defense for wanting to ditch the club. This is the closest anyone has ever come to being treated bigger than the club.