Manchester United vs Rayo Vallecano (Sun 31st July, 16:00 UK time) | Happy King (Bebe) Day

AndySmith1990

True. When you see posters get offended when someone claims that X or Y academy United player isn't even a squad level player potentially for United, you just realize how overrated our academy lads are by some.
Not sure if it's overrating. I think it's a mixture of romanticism and desperation. People wanna see us win trophies with the next co92, and they're desperate for these lads to be better than the average first team players. It's easy to fool yourself into believing the unknown is better than that which is known

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We have a third team selection against their starters. It would be extremely worrying for them if they weren't as good or slightly better.
It's not even true anyway, we've played some pretty good football during the game. Not so much in the last 15 though.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Have zero worries with Heaton as back up. He's a damn good keeper.
Yeah, he's fine. Doesn't give me anxiety either. Seems very active in his area.

The Red Thinker

the number of instructions Erik gives Iqbal says a lot. He sees potential in the lad to play that deep link between defence and attack. Cmon Zidane!

Dazzmondo

Shoretire and Zidane for Garnacho and Garner. Great performance by Garnacho. ETH seemed to praise him coming off the pitch too. Good to see more of Zidane

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's not even true anyway, we've played some pretty good football during the game. Not so much in the last 15 though.
I do think that they played the better 10 minutes, overall it's a balanced game but it's not unreasonable to admit that they have played the best sequences.

Mmm-Qatarian

Writing players off on the basis of a friendly game in which you could probably generously say two or three players will be particularly close to full fitness seems very daft to me.

Sure, not all of the academy players you're seeing on the pitch today will end up making it, but I'm not willing to say they aren't good enough solely on the basis of today's game.

avgp_1

Thats what you dont get enough from Garner, asking for the ball deep and running play