Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Van Gaal saying we'll play with the initial lineup for around an hour, different from the first games.

Turamb

"Will you be back?"

"Nobody knows"

what happened to god? :p

Bobtu

What was the question where he responded with 'rumours'?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can't hear a word the reporters are saying. What's he on about rumours?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
After not hearing what the reporter said, "it's very soft, the ball doesn't roll as nicely as you'd want it to" could mean anything.

detinUnaM

Lots of my mates were at the training today. Said we were way more serious than Real who were just knocking the ball about and laughing all along. LVG put us through a bunch of drills and apparently it was very intense. I guess Real will be having fun tomorrow as well and they will create chances but we will be tight at the back and get a 1-0 or 2-0.

Also, can I post the training pics and videos on this thread?

Brightonian

Just to be clear, is there no way to watch this live in the UK (unless you have Chrome and can thus somehow dodge the geo-blocking thingumajig on the MUTV direct stream)?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Lots of my mates were at the training today. Said we were way more serious than Real who were just knocking the ball about and laughing all along. LVG put us through a bunch of drills and apparently it was very intense. I guess Real will be having fun tomorrow as well and they will create chances but we will be tight at the back and get a 1-0 or 2-0.

Yeah, they can actually do that. their lineup will be around ten times stronger than ours, anyway.
But the fact that LVG never takes anything easy is well known.

Shimo

Hope it's a good game but, then again a part of me is hoping for a poor performance or perhaps more so that some of Madrid's stars on display just play at a very good level to highlight the need for some top quality players in our own squad.

RoyH1

For a pre-season friendly, it's as big as they can ever come. Man Utd against Real Madrid before a six digit crowd. I hope thye put on a good show.

tob

So one of our CB's are injured eh? What a shock!

feck sake.

NMF

I think the Madrid game will highlight the importance that we need to bring in another midfielder because the focus seems to be just on the defence.

FromTheBench

Smalling just has a niggle.

But it's a friendly so they are taking precaution anyway.

Havak

Pokemon master
Inevitable that we'd get defensive injuries (Smalling and Rafael). Will show LvG that it is pivotal we make a couple of new signings in defence.

Ronaldo ruled out as well, makes it less of a spectacle, but should be interesting.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

Makes sense as the premiership is a tougher league and we have new circumstances. I fancy a draw

ricky-romeo

We could well start the season with fletcher and michael keane at the back in a few weeks time,given the state of our 3 first choice CBs. Good players but too injury prone. Definitely need at least a signing at the back.

FromTheBench

Inevitable that we'd get defensive injuries (Smalling and Rafael). Will show LvG that it is pivotal we make a couple of new signings in defence.

Ronaldo ruled out as well, makes it less of a spectacle, but should be interesting.
We could well start the season with fletcher and michael keane at the back in a few weeks time,given the state of our 3 first choice CBs. Good players but too injury prone. Definitely need at least a signing at the back.
LVG already said we are looking to sign defenders before.

ChaddyP

Watched the lads in training yesterday... They mostly look sharp and focused. Zaha looks a player in training I must say.... Very good finishing. Luke Shaw has an amazing strike aswel. Herrera and Mata are simply class... Amazing first touches. Wayne Rooney is in prime condition... Just oozing confidence at the moment. Lots of passing in training. One touch aswell.. If this continues I see us having one of the best passing teams in the league... Going to the match later..should be an awesome experience as it's a fantastic stadium!

Godfather

Did Adnan and Fellaini stay in Manchester or did they catch up with the team in the US?

LR7

Watched the lads in training yesterday... They mostly look sharp and focused. Zaha looks a player in training I must say.... Very good finishing. Luke Shaw has an amazing strike aswel. Herrera and Mata are simply class... Amazing first touches. Wayne Rooney is in prime condition... Just oozing confidence at the moment. Lots of passing in training. One touch aswell.. If this continues I see us having one of the best passing teams in the league... Going to the match later..should be an awesome experience as it's a fantastic stadium!
Enjoy. It's nice for fans abroad to get to see United in preseason. We don't realise how lucky we are here. :)

LR7

Did Adnan and Fellaini stay in Manchester or did they catch up with the team in the US?
I'm pretty sure they stayed at Carrington to do fitness training, before the squad returns.

LR7

Also, Gareth Bale looks ridiculous in that alice band.

United22

Please post the links to them

gonzy

Going through the comments line, you could sense the vibe and excitement from folks on here. Totally the opposite, if you compare this season with the horror show that was last season. It's refreshing!

Magnus

Another mad swede
Team I wish played tonight:
---------------------------------------De Gea-------------------------------------------------

----------------------Jones----------Hummels--------Evans--------------------------------------

Cuadrado---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Shaw

-----------------------------------Vidal-----------------Herrera-----------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Mata------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------Rooney----------------Welbeck-----------------------------------

Think LVG will make Carrick a CB when back so a bit of cover there.

ChaddyP

Enjoy. It's nice for fans abroad to get to see United in preseason. We don't realise how lucky we are here. :)
Yeh you guys are really lucky... I travelled all the way from Jamaica with the wife just for a pre season friendly :drool:

LR7

Yeh you guys are really lucky... I travelled all the way from Jamaica with the wife just for a pre season friendly :drool:
Good excuse as any to have a little holiday!

I've been to Jamaica several times so I'm aware of the incredible support we have over there (with maybe Arsenal coming in second imo).

Brightonian

You're massively overreacting. One centre-back has a small niggle. That's it. The others are all fit.

ChaddyP

Good excuse as any to have a little holiday!

I've been to Jamaica several times so I'm aware of the incredible support we have over there (with maybe Arsenal coming in second imo).
Yeh United and arsenal have a high following in jamaica.... It's actually a big rivalry between fans.... Chelsea is up there too... Mostly old school guys are pool fans though. And there are no city fans :lol:

Manutd89

You're massively overreacting. One centre-back has a small niggle. That's it. The others are all fit.
No hes right. Jones, Smalling and Evans all have injury problems and they will never all be fit in a sesong. As soon as the season start one of them is going to be injured. We know this because every season this has happen. Also that we going to use all three will be a big problem. We need to get backup or strengthening right now.

ottosec

Let's see how our midfield will cope with a WC midfield. Cannot wait for this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.