Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
I hope that Hola method works for the game as far as I can tell it's a server so could get rammed.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
Very much hoping Fletcher and Cleverley start in midfield and get the chance to show how utterly poor they are against a quality or even half decent side.

Not that I want us to lose, of course, just to have a nightmare in midfield and win due to a couple of great attacking moves.

Bring it on!

I hope that Hola method works for the game as far as I can tell it's a server so could get rammed.
It worked fine for big World Cup games so I'm sure it'll be okay.

Empire

Very much hoping Fletcher and Cleverley start in midfield and get the chance to show how utterly poor they are against a quality or even half decent side.

Not that I want us to lose, of course, just to have a nightmare in midfield and win due to a couple of great attacking moves.

Bring it on!
Should you not want them to start and then boss the game so Fletcher shows he still has it at the top and Cleverley that he isn't as bad as everybody makes out?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Bring it on!

It worked fine for big World Cup games so I'm sure it'll be okay.
What a stupid thing to say.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What shall I say to the most stubborn person I know who's telling me that United won't be signing any more players cause he's read sky sports who quoted van Gaal in that press conference. It was obvious he wasn't being serious and he was just giving the players a chance, but my mate hasn't watched the press conference to understand that.

Bear in mind he's a Southampton fan.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Bring it on!

Dazzmondo

Bring it on!
That is really, really stupid. You should be hoping for them to do well, to prove they are good enough to those who doubted them.

Robin

Good point, I was thinking Inter had beaten Real but it was on penalties, silly me.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I think Herrera, Mata and Fletcher can hold their own against reals midfield in this preseason fixture, it'll be interesting to see how we cope with their pace in attack though. They haven't exactly been all that so far, so i don't expect us to get overrun at all, in fact i think we will be fine.

Still wish we'd sign one more quality midfielder and a defender though, I'm not comfortable at all with the squad minus those two additions

PS. I have access to the real match via unitedlive so it's not that it's down.

Reactions: Eboue

MileHighRed

Will be interesting to see if Van Gaal changes tactics and concedes possession or if we hold on to possession as well as we have in the other games. Think we've been very impressive with ball retention so far!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I notice Inter vs Roma and Olympiakos vs City are on SS1. Will this game be broadcast anywhere other than MUTV for British viewers?

Empire

I notice Inter vs Roma and Olympiakos vs City are on SS1. Will this game be broadcast anywhere other than MUTV for British viewers?
From what I understand it is not broadcast anywhere in the UK (including MUTV) and Sky Sports also have Liverpool match tonight.

I could be wrong, it seems quite illogical not to broadcast Man United vs Real Madrid to British viewers since the game actually is live before people go to sleep.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I have been on holiday for the tour so far, so I'm oblivious to how people have been watching the games.

I know I could easily stream the game, but are there official sites that are showing the game? I can't tell if I heard correctly that YouTube are streaming the games or not?
Any help?

buckooo1978

From what I understand it is not broadcast anywhere in the UK (including MUTV) and Sky Sports also have Liverpool match tonight.

I could be wrong, it seems quite illogical not to broadcast Man United vs Real Madrid to British viewers since the game actually is live before people go to sleep.
no its on MUTV

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I have been on holiday for the tour so far, so I'm oblivious to how people have been watching the games.

I know I could easily stream the game, but are there official sites that are showing the game? I can't tell if I heard correctly that YouTube are streaming the games or not?
Any help?
There was this - http://unitedlive.manutd.com/ But I think you might be too late for it?
Also this - http://www.manutd.com/en/MUTV-New.aspx but maybe the same problem.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Looking forward to this. I usually have no interest in pre-season and transfer talk and all that stuff but a sell out against Real Madrid with the players trying hard to impress the new manager. Saturday night with a few beers sounds good

surf

It would be nice to see Herrera have a good game against a top team. His outings against the Italian teams were merely OK'ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.