Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

No hes right. Jones, Smalling and Evans all have injury problems and they will never all be fit in a sesong. As soon as the season start one of them is going to be injured. We know this because every season this has happen. Also that we going to use all three will be a big problem. We need to get backup or strengthening right now.
That's all well and good, but right now we've got one tiny injury amongst the whole set of them. So it's ridiculous to predict that we'll be starting the season with Keane and Fletcher at CB, which is what he said.

Manutd89

That's all well and good, but right now we've got one tiny injury amongst the whole set of them. So it's ridiculous to predict that we'll be starting the season with Keane and Fletcher at CB, which is what he said.
Fletcher would never be in CB. Silly thing to say. But that Blackeet and Keane will get a lot of time if no one else in coming is very true. I wouldnt gamble on them.

Brightonian

Fletcher would never be in CB. Silly thing to say. But that Blackeet and Keane will get a lot of time if no one else in coming is very true. I wouldnt gamble on them.
I've got no problem with that, they've looked pretty much at the same level as the senior three so far this pre-season, barring some early jitters from Blackett. If LVG trusts them, so do I.

hubbuh

Hope it's a good game but, then again a part of me is hoping for a poor performance or perhaps more so that some of Madrid's stars on display just play at a very good level to highlight the need for some top quality players in our own squad.
Heh. How sad.

Weird logic too. Odd that you think us losing to Real Madrid could be a good thing in regards to us signing players. We have to assume van Gaal and his team know what we need and where we are lacking. I can't see how one defeat during preseason will suddenly highlight that to them.

Edit. Seems I misread your post. Still, advocating a poor performance against one of our biggest European rivals on the basis that it'll somehow improve our chances of potential signings is still rather sad.

Last edited:

Godfather

Mateschitz' own TV company is showing it here in Austria. ServusTV. fecking brillliant.

Cmz'

This. Can't seem to get an answer on here at the moment, but it seems like the match is just not available anywhere official in the UK. Not on Unitedlive and not on any of the TV channels.
Do you have Hola Unblocker? (actually maybe it's called Hola Better Internet now) It changes your location, I just tried it on the website (I also live in the UK) and set it to the US and now on United Live it says that the Madrid game is purchased.

WPMUFC

Do you have Hola Unblocker? (actually maybe it's called Hola Better Internet now) It changes your location, I just tried it on the website (I also live in the UK) and set it to the US and now on United Live it says that the Madrid game is purchased.

wow, how can the region-block one game?

WPMUFC

I can confirm - I live in Australia, they have region-locked the MUFC-Real game. I'm using a VPN into the USA. Logged into my http://unitedlive.manutd.com/ account and the game pops up but using my Australian IP, the game disappears PATHETIC !!

WPMUFC

This. Can't seem to get an answer on here at the moment, but it seems like the match is just not available anywhere official in the UK. Not on Unitedlive and not on any of the TV channels.
From unitedlive.manutd.com tech support email.

Hi,

We apologise but the Manchester United vs Real Madrid match is not available in your Country of Residence via United Live due to broadcasting rights.

Kind regards,
United Live Support Team
PATHETIC :mad::mad:

Cantonaaa!

Just downloaded Hola Better Internet and clicked the link http://unitedlive.manutd.com/ and then turned on Hola in the upper right corner of chrome and chose a US proxy. The option to purchase the game is now available!

I recommend this for everyone who can't access the match.

Manutd89

DDG, Keane, Evans, Jones - Valencia, Herrera, Fletcher, Young - Mata - Rooney, Welbeck.

ricky-romeo

You're massively overreacting. One centre-back has a small niggle. That's it. The others are all fit.
i did said "could'. given our 3 CB's history with injuries, you just never know. other than that i've got no issues with them. they are all good enough to be Manchester United players. just wishing LVG will conclude a deal for another CB before the start of the season.

United22

Now there lies your problem ;)

laughtersassassin

Looking forward to the first team getting a longer run out today (60+ minutes) as LVG said in his interview.

Brightonian

i did said "could'. given our 3 CB's history with injuries, you just never know. other than that i've got no issues with them. they are all good enough to be Manchester United players. just wishing LVG will conclude a deal for another CB before the start of the season.
I expect he will. I think one will be enough, judging by the strong performances from Blackett and Keane so far. We'd have 6 CBs for 3 positions, which I think is as much as you can expect even given the likelihood of a defensive injury crisis.

Also this is without factoring in Tom Thorpe, who we've left at home, and who is comfortably a better CB than Blackett and probably Keane's equal.

Brightonian

Cheers, I heard about that, but can you get it for Safari? I don't have Chrome, unfortunately.

It's weird that they're citing broadcasting rights as the reason they can't show it in the UK, but none of the UK channels have bought the game. What's that about?

Empire

Sky Sports are showing Liverpool and City games, I'm surprised they are not showing ours.

I blame Moyes.

Ash_G

I hope we look to play the first teamers a bit longer today, they still need time to gel together in this new system and this will be a good test for them.

Empire

I hope we look to play the first teamers a bit longer today, they still need time to gel together in this new system and this will be a good test for them.
He said 60 minutes.

Empire

Apparently it's not available from United live in:

United Kingdom & Ireland, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Syria, Turkey, UAE, Yemen, Australia, Norway, Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Thailand.

I wonder how they decided that.

Ash_G

He said 60 minutes.
That's good, hopefully Herrera, Fletch, Mata, Welbeck and Rooney will all play that first hour then as need them to click as they're likely to start the season as it stands you'd imagine.

ben.heff10

Reals team already confirmed and it looks like a 3-5-2 from them as well.. Ancelotti trying to use Moyesian tactics to "make it tough for us" :lol:

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
has http://unitedlive.manutd.com/ removed the MUFC-Real game? I can only see the Valencia game.
Have you purchased the pre-season pass? If so oyu can just download Hola for Chrome, head over to the Unitedlive website, and then set your country to USA and the Real Madrid game should appear and it should say you've purchased it.

Brightonian

@Cmz' Never mind, I've just downloaded Chrome. Been thinking about doing it for a while. Solid as Safari is on OS X, Apple just don't pay enough attention to it. Cheers for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.