Not open for further replies.

el3mel

I'll test the Bruno-Pogba combination in this one. Will go with this :

De Gea
    Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - AWB
    Scott
    Pogba - Bruno
    Rashford - Martial - Greenwood

It'll be pretty hard to break them as they're very organized defensively so we'll need to through everything at them from the start. James has no place here.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    Pogba (GK)

Martial Bailly Gomes Fernandes

Williams Shaw AWB

Rashford Maguiire

Ole (S)

Manager: Tahith Chong

I want to see some bravery from the club, out of the box thinking.

Web of Bissaka

Pogba (GK)

Martial Bailly Gomes Fernandes

Williams Shaw AWB

Rashford Maguiire

Ole (S)

Manager: Tahith Chong

I want to see some bravery from the club, out of the box thinking.
    Agree.
    Don't need GK, let's maximize our attacks, Sheffield who?

Swap Shaw with Carrick please.

Good Christmas tree formation, our best system.

This will surprise and confuse the hell out of Sheffield, additionally may make them overconfidence and complacent, good enough for us to nick goals galore.

Then, once they're settle, we jumble up the lineup properly.

We also have the 5 subs to be used. Let's abuse it.

Web of Bissaka

Did you type this in the mirror?
    No, the poster intended for that kind of lineup, I'm very sure, like totally

Because why not?
    Shaw at RB, and AWB at LB meant they will cut infield when attacking. Not like they do anything good near the touchline anyway. Rashford RW and Greenwood LW so we can have them shooting and crossings with their respective best foot without the need to switch nor cut infield.

el3mel

No, the poster intended for that kind of lineup, I'm very sure, like totally

Because why not?
    Shaw at RB, and AWB at LB meant they will cut infield when attacking. Not like they do anything good near the touchline anyway. Rashford RW and Greenwood LW so we can have them shooting and crossings with their respective best foot without the need to switch nor cut infield.
    Mate don't overdo it. :D You guys are making it like a big mistake. I mean everyone gets whom will be where. That's all that matters. :)

Gerald G

De Gea
    AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
    McTominay/Matic
    Bruno--Pogba
    Greenwood--Martial--Rashford

There's enough creativity in the team with Bruno and Pogba. The big decision for me was McTomiany or Matic. Matic is definitely better screening the defence but McTominay is more mobile. It's a tough decision to make.

With the creativity in midfield, I've gone for the finishing of Greenwood ahead of James or Mata. Especially as we will likely have a greater share of possession. Lindelof or Bailly is another tough choice but I don't want to change too much after 1 game. Therefore, I'd stick with Lindelof and Maguire​

Last edited:

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
    AWB——-Bailly—-Maguire——Shaw
    Matić
    Fernandes——Pogba
    Greenwood————-———-Rashford
    Martial​

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm going into every game feeling we would win but like yesterday we are easily prone to silly mistakes and can spend the rest of the match chasing a goal. So our matches feel like 50/50 for me unless it's a much lesser opponent

jamesjimmybyrondean

Based on the last game.

De Gea

AWB Bailley Maguire Williams

Matic Pogba

Bruno

Greenwood Ighalo Rashford

Lindelof picked up a knock, Martial looked lazy again. Bruno and Pogba need to start. James didn't offer enough
    Why does this team look very good. Too many changes though

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
    Scout
    De Gea
    AWB Lindelöf Maguire Shaw
    Matic
    Bruno Pogba
    Greenwood Martial Rashford

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    I suspect Ole will bench Pogba again. When he returned in December he came off the bench against Watford and again showed he was a level above, and the entire caf did the same thing rhey are doing now. He was in everyone’s lineup for the next game, but he started on the bench again against Newcastle.

Before Spurs Ole was again talking about how ‘we have a lot of games, FA Cup, Europa League so Paul will gradually play a bigger part’. I suspect he plans to start him in the FA Cup vs Norwich.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think Ole makes obvious decisions. The impact of Pogba and Greenwood against Tottenham was hard to ignore so the obvious decision is to play them next game. Pogba for Fred and Greenwood for James. Asides from those two every other person that started against Tottenham will start for Sheffield. That's my guess

OleGunnar20

De Gea
    Wan Bissaka Bailly Maguire Williams
    Matic
    Bruno Pogba
    Greenwood Martial Rashford​

Think we'll win comfortably.
    Looks good. Like many I've lost faith in DDG not to choke another run in, but perhaps dropping him now would do more harm than good? Tough one.

Other than that, team looks perfect. Bailly a much better partner to Maguire, Greenwood far more useful at RW and Matic hopefully capable of holding down the Fort and allowing Brogba the freedom to tear Sheff a new one.

Feeling confident.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
    Simplest starting 11 ever surely.

DDG
    AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw
    Matic Pogba
    Greenwood Fernandes Rashford
    Martial

Only possible changes are one of Fred/McT for Matic, but I'd prefer the steadier head.

Shaw starts for me over Williams to deal with Sheffields overlapping centre backs.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    I think Ole makes obvious decisions. The impact of Pogba and Greenwood against Tottenham was hard to ignore so the obvious decision is to play them next game. Pogba for Fred and Greenwood for James. Asides from those two every other person that started against Tottenham will start for Sheffield. That's my guess
    Hope so. Just that he changed our performance against Watford and still started the next game on the bench.

Ole also seems to try and copy Fergie too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he does some sort of ‘I’ve already decided the team for the next few games and Pogba knows he’ll be starting vs Norwich’ thing. He’s mentioned the ‘Sir Alex used to tell players what games they would be playing in advance’ thing a few times.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    We can play Matic next to Pogba. I know a lot of people want it, and to be fair he's been decent as of late, but we mobility. Pogba will still roam and the player next to him will need to be mobile enough to cover.
    I'm assuming you mean can't? If so, I agree.

I'm a huge fan of Matic's, and think he's better than Fred and McTominay, but, as you say, the immobility would be a big problem. If we're playing Pogba in a midfield 2 behind Bruno, we need the other CM to be able to cover the pitch. So, whilst I prefer Matic, i think I'd opt for McTominay for a better balance.

Ideally, for me, we need to bring in a CM who has the energy and ability to cover ground that Fred and McTominay do, but with the composure on the ball that Matic brings with his ability to bring the ball out from the back with his dribbling, and his ability to resist pressing opposition.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Surprised nobody else seems to think we’ll have a back three for this one.

Anyway with four full days to prep and train for this one, we’ve got no excuses. The other United only have two.

Blades1889

Supports
    Sheffield United
    I don’t want to jinx anything here but there seems to be an assumption that you will turn us over. I’m not confident for this at all but I wasn’t when we played Liverpool/City either and we didn’t ship goals in those games. Are you guys really confident about the Fernandes and Pogba link up?

OleBoiii

It's time to play the diamond. James is not good enough and Greenwood isn't 100% ready to start yet, imo.

---------------------- DDG -------------------
    AWB - Lindelöf - Maguire - Shaw
    --------------------- Fred --------------------
    ------- McTominay - Pogba ---------
    --------------------- Bruno ------------------
    --------- Martial - Rashford -----------

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    I don’t want to jinx anything here but there seems to be an assumption that you will turn us over. I’m not confident for this at all but I wasn’t when we played Liverpool/City either and we didn’t ship goals in those games. Are you guys really confident about the Fernandes and Pogba link up?
    Well we gotta be positive, it’s must win game, and hopefully the two you have mentioned start and can carve you lot open.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Anyway with four full days to prep and train for this one, we’ve got no excuses. The other United only have two.
    Get a grip, there's no 'other United'.

PoTMS

If there was another United, it'd be the barcodes. But there isn't.

PoTMS

If we concede first, we ain't winning. Think we've only come back to win against Newcastle this season after conceding first.

Blades1889

Supports
    Sheffield United
    Request to change my name to ‘TheOriginalUnited1889’ ;) :lol:

Blades1889

Supports
    Sheffield United
    How do you think you will setup? Will you sit deep and frustrate? Or will you come out and be quite expansive?
    We will play our game. Obviously we are likely to get pinned back but we are not the fastest side on the counter so we will look to get a hold of possession when possible.

RonaldoVII

I think there's bound to be a few changes for this having not much recovery after Spurs. Get some fresh legs in with Williams, Greenwood and Matic. Pogba starts obviously.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    I'm assuming you mean can't? If so, I agree.

I'm a huge fan of Matic's, and think he's better than Fred and McTominay, but, as you say, the immobility would be a big problem. If we're playing Pogba in a midfield 2 behind Bruno, we need the other CM to be able to cover the pitch. So, whilst I prefer Matic, i think I'd opt for McTominay for a better balance.

Ideally, for me, we need to bring in a CM who has the energy and ability to cover ground that Fred and McTominay do, but with the composure on the ball that Matic brings with his ability to bring the ball out from the back with his dribbling, and his ability to resist pressing opposition.
    Yeah. Looking back, my entire post is a mess. :lol:

RUCK4444

Simplest starting 11 ever surely.

DDG
    AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw
    Matic Pogba
    Greenwood Fernandes Rashford
    Martial

Only possible changes are one of Fred/McT for Matic, but I'd prefer the steadier head.

Shaw starts for me over Williams to deal with Sheffields overlapping centre backs.
    That is our strongest starting 11 currently.

Id also be tempted to swap Martial for Igahlo, I think it’s another game we will get a lot of the ball, we need a no 9 in the correct positions, making the right runs.

Desperate for Greenwood to kick on and give Martial his next years season ticket for the bench.

Expecting more from Rashford in this game as well.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    I can see why some of our fans are so confident but, me personally, I'm still quite sceptical.

The big thing in our favour - alongside finally having our best players playing together - is that you guys might be running on empty by the time you face us. This is our next fixture, but you have Newcastle inbetween, and I think the lack of depth you guys have could play a big part.

Yeah. Looking back, my entire post is a mess. :lol:
    Ha, it was fine!

I'm still quite torn. Only a short while I was saying Matic, but the more I think about the balance, the more I think Scott should partner them even though I prefer Matic. I hope Ole knows what to do!

Blades1889

Supports
    Sheffield United
    I can see why some of our fans are so confident but, me personally, I'm still quite sceptical.

The big thing in our favour - alongside finally having our best players playing together - is that you guys might be running on empty by the time you face us. This is our next fixture, but you have Newcastle inbetween, and I think the lack of depth you guys have could play a big part.
    I agree with the fatigue 100%, could kill us. I just don’t think we will lose by 5/6 which some are implying. It could very well happen but I’d have faith in us to not get pummelled.

FerociousCorgis

If ole wants to rest pogba at all the game against Norwich would be the smarter choice then Sheffield united. This is must win. As many have said sub in pogba and greenwood for starting lineup and good to go. Any changes can be made for FA game since that should be 3rd in our focus of competitions left. Love how some are ready to bench martial and give rashford a pass. Martial was much closer to scoring last game and raising rash looked just as rusty. Want to see both with pogba out there too

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 92% of 359 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 371 ratings.

Score Predictions