Mon, 13 July 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    I've been giving it large to some rival fans. Please don't lose or draw :lol:

Riz

With city's ban being overturned the fa cup semi final can feck off for me now. The Southampton and Palace games are far more important games now. Win those 2 and then we will be looking good going into Westham at home.

Don't think getting to a cup final but losing out on top 4 is enough for Ole. We have to be back in the CL this year. Its all that matters really. The money isn't there with the pandemic otherwise.
    Agreed, the top 4 race needs to take priority so when we rotate I'd rather do it in the semi vs Chelsea. I think a few of our backups mixed in with the starters and the subs could even be enough to get a result at Wembley anyway.

The Europa arguably offers a better chance of Silverware anyway with it being 3 games away rather than 2 vs Chelsea and City (likely).

Mihai

I’m unusually nervous about tonight, if we shut down Ings it should be an easy win but with the form of De gea and McGuire both looking like Sunday league players I can see one of them making an error.
    Maguire is the new Januzaj.

onemanarmy

We need to play at full strength. The players had a couple of weeks to rest and it's only 4 games left in the league. Leicester have a very difficult 3 games left. Win tonight and we are in a very good position. I can't see Chelsea winning all 3 games too, considering they have to play Wolves and Liverpool.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
    After years of being nervous for these games, its weird going into the game tonight feeling confident.

We're just very good. We should be winning this game comfortably. If they press us high and leave gaps, we can pick them off. And if they sit back, we can break them down. Looking for a statement win tonight.

Think of Southampton as cockroaches.. they're really more scared of us than we are of them.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
    Come on. Need a Bruno 30 yard face melter to destroy their morale. Then sub on Phil Jones so he can score an overhead to really rub salt into the wounds.

Bulldog United

I'm loving going into these games full of excitement and positive expectations again. Saints are obviously no mugs, but I do believe we'll win by a couple of goals and move ourselves closer to a remarkable* top three finish. I can't wait to crack open a few beers tonight and enjoy this game.

*remarkable considering where we were positioned going into this final run in.

youngrell

Feeling confident for a win today, we can make a few changes for Palace on Thursday then. Palace are on a horrible run so shouldn't be a difficult game, especially without their fans. Fresh for Chelsea on Sunday then :devil:

El Zoido

Feeling confident for a win today, we can make a few changes for Palace on Thursday then. Palace are on a horrible run so shouldn't be a difficult game, especially without their fans. Fresh for Chelsea on Sunday then :devil:
    No, strongest team every game please. The last thing we need is to finally get ahead of the pack only to lose a game trying to rest players. Need to win tonight first anyway.

TrustInOle

Fecking called in work for this one now! Will have to stick the box to record and stay away from the caf from 8ish.

Haven't missed a single game of this run, now I'm missing the most important one :(

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Why are so many gassing this game up as a tough challenge? They are 13th in the league & have about 3 decent players. We should be putting them to the sword here.

I think some of you lot still think they’ve got Van Dijk & Mane...

Kaos

Chelsea and Leicester have put it on a plate for us. If we don't take advantage, we don't deserve a top 4 finish, simple as.

Kaos

Why are so many gassing this game up as a tough challenge? They are 13th in the league & have about 3 decent players. We should be putting them to the sword here.

Their away record mostly, something like 9 wins on the road.

But you're right, we're the most in form team in the league, have an objectively better team and are at home. No reason why we shouldn't be able to brush them aside.

youngrell

No, strongest team every game please. The last thing we need is to finally get ahead of the pack only to lose a game trying to rest players. Need to win tonight first anyway.
    Yes of course that would be ideal. I would rather rest a couple against Palace than Chelsea though, if Ole feels he has to in either one of those games.

Best scenario would be start with the first XI, get early lead and make appropriate subs.

freeurmind

weak willed
    Ings goal on the counter, Ward Prowse FK, just have a sickening feeling about this game.

Chicharito_

Yes of course that would be ideal. I would rather rest a couple against Palace than Chelsea though, if Ole feels he has to in either one of those games.

Best scenario would be start with the first XI, get early lead and make appropriate subs.
    I would rather rotate a couple of players vs Chelsea than Palace. Really don't think I can cope with another season in the Europa, we need to go full throttle in the league now.

Strelok

Tough game I think yes, basically any game in the PL is not easy anyway. Sou has been in pretty good form as well.

However I don't see much posters here including myself would think the game is tough because we play Sou. We have our full squad, excellent form recently we definitely should win this. But the pressure, the importance of this match. Would our guys thrive under the pressure or else? They're pretty young anyway. As someone has said here, the biggest opponent in this match is ourselves. This match will tell a lot about our lads and what would they become.

Anyway, just hope no brainfart today and we're gonna smash them :devil:

MiracleInMadrid

All that happens is we've one less game to overtake the other sides, Chelsea will still have Liverpool and Wolves to play, Leicester will still have Sheffield United, Spurs and us to play. Not the end of the world if we don't win today

At least that's what I'll be telling myself
    You're absolutely right. If we don't win I'll just be more concerned with our lack of killer instinct and ability to cope with high pressure, than I will be concerned of our chance to end in top 4. Still fairly confident we will end in top 4 no matter the result tonight.

I'm just so hungry for us to finally start showing signs of being a team that can handle pressure and perform no matter the context. We have shown that we have quality in the team, we have shown that we can get results against the top teams. Liverpool were in a similar state for years, where they at times were appaling in games against bottom-half teams. What they have achieved now is to not crackle under pressure and just keep producing wins.

Kaos

Ings goal on the counter, Ward Prowse FK, just have a sickening feeling about this game.
    Imagine how they feel - Martial, Rashford, and Greenwood on the counter, Pogba and Fernandes behind them pulling the strings.

No reason we shouldn't win this.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
    First time I’m nervous for a game in years. Tonight will tell us what we’re about and what we can expect from this team.

Despite Southampton playing well, they have nothing to really play for. On the other hand, this is our most important fixture this season so far. We should really be going into this absolutely determined to get 3 points. Failure would give me glimpse of Huddersfield and Brighton from last season where we looked toothless despite needing the results.

jamesjimmybyrondean

First time I’m nervous for a game in years. Tonight will tell us what we’re about and what we can expect from this team.

Despite Southampton playing well, they have nothing to really play for. On the other hand, this is our most important fixture this season so far. We should really be going into this absolutely determined to get 3 points. Failure would give me glimpse of Huddersfield and Brighton from last season where we looked toothless despite needing the results.
    Wow

Alemar

So many people afraid of losing today... seriously, do they have at least one player who would be a starter at Man Utd?

Brightonian

Surprised to find I've got no nerves at all. They might score, but all it will do is spur our boys to attack with more intensity. Our confidence is not going to be knocked that easily given how freely the goals have been flowing.

I'm going with 4-1. Greenwood Martial Bruno McTominay / Ings

jamesjimmybyrondean

Keep being nervous guys. We always win when that's the general feeling. But then again we always fail to take advantage of our rivals loss

Havak

Pokemon master
    I know a chunk of this came from the 9-0 drubbing off Leicester, but they actually have the 5th worst defence in the league. However, largely in part to Ings form they have the 10th best attack. I do expect a tough game, but even in a tight affair, I would think we should win about 3-1 the vast majority of the time as long as we can be clinical.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 335 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw