Kick-off
Mon, 13 July 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

diarm

This is the game I've been nervous about since we got back. Not sure why (other than Southampton being a decent side lately) but I've just had a bad feeling about it.

Reckon it might be time to freshen things up a little as we did look very sluggish against Villa and Southampton will have the quality Villa lacked in punishing us for it.

De Gea
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
    Fred
    Bruno Pogba
    Greenwood Martial Rashford​

Amerifan

I think if City's ban is upheld, it will take the pressure of Ole to field the same starting XI every league game. We're pretty much assured 5th spot at the very worst, which will guarantee CL football. For this season we just need to secure the CL spot then we can focus on the trophies.
    There’s more to play for than just CL. We need to win the remaining games so Ole’s point total is better than his predecessors (except Jose’s 81).That will prove to our critics that real progress has been made.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    There’s more to play for than just CL. We need to win the remaining games so Ole’s point total is better than his predecessors (except Jose’s 81).That will prove to our critics that real progress has been made.
    Nah feck that. This season is just about getting through, consolidating and planning for the next. Champions League qualification and two trophies would be a great season, irrespective of points totals.

Walters_19_MuFc

Tough game this. Well drilled side, who will no doubt press us high up the pitch.

Had a few dicey moments against Villa and Bournemouth when pressed, so hoping we can be a bit more decisive in our build-up play.

That said, they should be a lot more worried about us than we are them.

Having scored 3 or more in the last three games, I can't see how we won't score/create numerous chances. Hopefully, we can take them on the day.

Class of 63

Sourness
    Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
    Same team again apart from Romero for De Gea, Ethan Laird for AWB, Bailly for Lindelof, Mengi for Maguire, Brandinio for Shaw, McTominay for Pogba, Fred for Matic, Mata for Fernandes, James for Rashford, Lingard for Greenwood, and Ighalo for Martial. Pereira and Jones to come on as subs.

My only Eric

Same team again apart from Romero for De Gea, Ethan Laird for AWB, Bailly for Lindelof, Mengi for Maguire, Brandinio for Shaw, McTominay for Pogba, Fred for Matic, Mata for Fernandes, James for Rashford, Lingard for Greenwood, and Ighalo for Martial. Pereira and Jones to come on as subs.
    Also same coaching team apart from Van Gaal for Ole.

We'll take a good dive :drool:

cyberman

There were a number of times during Jose and LVG where I was like "oh shit, I forgot we've got a game on tonight". I love watching us and can't wait for the next match.
    Fast, attacking football. Players that strike fear into opposition players. A wonderkid who is wowing the world.
    All of a sudden we have our United back. Not just United but an 08 type United with genuine quality across the board. Not the later versions where Sir Alex was bulldozing us though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Southampton are our bogey team, so 8-0 is most likely out of the question.

We'll have to settle for a measly 4-0 instead. Greenwood to score all 4.

wolvored

It feels like we're in his honeymoon period again.

We were walking at times today so hopefully we've saved enough energy to give Southampton a torrid time.

I doubt Chelsea or Leicester will drop points as they play Sheffield United and Bournemouth respectively.
    Sheff U will get a result wiin/draw against Chelsea

wolvored

If we intend to be a force we should put the likes of Southampton away. 4-1

Saddy

Keep the pressure on with a must win 3 points - rest players on Thursday then I'm not personally focused on the cup it must be top 4 and Europa Cup win but if City get the ban we can relax a bit in the league.

Same team if all fit as they will get a good rest before Monday

King Eric 7

Well, a lot of our fans are worried about Southampton's form, but they are the ones who should be worried. We are THE in form team since the restart and we should be winning this game, even if it's just by the odd goal.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    I just don't see how teams can keep out our attack at the moment. Greenwood to score again, I fancy Martial to grab one too. Predicting 4-1.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Think they'll target Matic when pressing. He's slow to turn and accelerate away with the ball, especially when he's facing our own goal.

I know Ole will be very reluctant to change a winning team, but I think i'd go with Fred for this one.

diarm

We've started the last couple of games looking a bit sluggish and slow to get going.

If we do that against these I think we'll find ourselves chasing the game.

Withnail

Think they'll target Matic when pressing. He's slow to turn and accelerate away with the ball, especially when he's facing our own goal.

I know Ole will be very reluctant to change a winning team, but I think i'd go with Fred for this one.

Drop Matic for Fred? Matic seems to be falling off.

He looks like he needs a rest to me. He looked leggy from the get go against Aston Villa.

This was always the worry with him. I don't think he can be relied upon to play twice a week for an extended period of time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    He looks like he needs a rest to me. He looked leggy from the get go against Aston Villa.

This was always the worry with him. I don't think he can be relied upon to play twice a week for an extended period of time.
    As you say it's a LOT of football and travelling to do in 2 weeks.

The issue is when on top form he does make a difference so it's hard to leave him out, but I trust fred or Mctominay to come in and freshen it up a bit. Would probably prefer Fred purely for being a bit smaller/nimble.

SirAnderson

How they have turn things around.
    They looked like they were going to go down at one point.
    Even that 9-0 embarrassment was a super low.
    But they stuck with Ralph and now they taking scalps against Man City.
    I see Ralph even looking forward to this kind of challenge.

Let's remind them of who they are like when they got trounced 9-0.

SirAnderson

Would love to know Ole's mind right now, genuinely think Fred/McT for Matic is a good choice, but I'm thinking he will try to persist with the unchanged and then rest him against Chelsea.

Web of Bissaka

I just don't see how teams can keep out our attack at the moment. Greenwood to score again, I fancy Martial to grab one too. Predicting 4-1.
    I think their best bet is to park two double-decker buses vs us, and only one player to counter.

High press or even having a go merely meant more spaces for our rampaging attacks to exploit.

Get 1 pt is better than none.

Web of Bissaka

Would love to know Ole's mind right now, genuinely think Fred/McT for Matic is a good choice, but I'm thinking he will try to persist with the unchanged and then rest him against Chelsea.
    Same.

I would be fine if we stick with the same 11 and only sub Matic out quickly with Fred/McT if Southampton is making a meal out of our midfield.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    I think their best bet is to park two double-decker buses vs us, and only one player to counter.

High press or even having a go merely meant more spaces for our rampaging attacks to exploit.

Get 1 pt is better than none.
    Currently I don’t even know if you can park the bus against us because Pogba and Fernandes can kill you with their speed and quality. I think best chance for opposition is score early then potentially grab another on the counter. Timing of goals becomes crucial in these games.

siw2007

I expect the next two league matches to be more difficult than the previous games, from here we will need to up our game. Some of the games we have played have been a slow start, followed by a whirlwind 30 min to win the game and a stroll for the last 30, I think it will be harder fight from here on out starting with Southampton.

De Gea
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Bruno McTominay Pogba
    Greenwood Martial Rashford
    Even though we don't really want to change the team, I think Matic could do with a rest for this one so Scott can come in and play.

cyberman

We had a 5 day rest. He wasnt leggy, just off form.
    We look for tiredness behind every bush on this forum!
    Fans were for dropping Bruno after the Norwich game for some mythical fatigue as well.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Fans were for dropping Bruno after the Norwich game for some mythical fatigue as well.
    This.

Withnail

It was the 4 starts in two weeks I was referring to and he looked leggy.

Bruno had some poor touches and wasnt having his best game but didn't look tired.

We've got tough run of games now where we're playing every 3 days or so I do think he'll start mixing up the first XI.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 335 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw