Kick-off
Mon, 13 July 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

Looking forward to this game tonight, great to a Man United team that are a joy to watch once more. Was a time us supporters would dread the next game and its not so long ago United had this boring run of form that put most supporters to sleep.

youngrell

Given that Southampton are likely to deploy a high press, does it make sense to swap Williams for Shaw and Fred for Matic, as strategic choices?
    Curious why you would think that?

Matic and Shaw are two of our best players for ball retention, IMO.

Pavl3n

Last time Solskjaer said he will rotate - he didn't.
    This time I think I heard (or someone twisted his words to support his narrative) he'll go with unchanged squad.
    I won't be surprised to see us line with 3 at the back.

Mihai

Why leave out the two weeks we won?
    #19 Leicester lost to Liverpool 0-4, Chelsea lost 0-2 to Southampton, and United won 4-1 against Newcastle
    #32 Leicester lost to Everton 2-1 and Chelsea lost 3-2 to Westham while United won 0-3 against Brighton.
    Meaningless stat.
    Agree. Why leave Leicester out when the conclusion is "failed to capitalize when their rivals dropped points"?

crossy1686

career ending
    Looking forward to this game tonight, great to a Man United team that are a joy to watch once more. Was a time us supporters would dread the next game and its not so long ago United had this boring run of form that put most supporters to sleep.

This was rock bottom for me, started making plans on match days to do other things

joedirt87

Last time Solskjaer said he will rotate - he didn't.
    This time I think I heard (or someone twisted his words to support his narrative) he'll go with unchanged squad.
    I won't be surprised to see us line with 3 at the back.
    i think it would be odd to see Ole go to a back three in this game unless one of the forwards isn’t fit enough to start. Figure if he did go back three it would be a 3-5-2 like in the past.

Infra-red

Massive game for us. I think it is also the first game where we might start to see some rotation. Matic probably the most likely first XI player to be rested, but he may not be the only one.

I'm expecting a really tough game - they are in good form, have a good coach and press really well.

vodrake

For 30-50 yards, I would probably put Shaw #2 behind James for fastest on the squad.
    It's crazy how some fans, who watch Shaw casually out-sprinting opponents on a weekly basis, believe he's super slow based on an out of context speed test Lukaku once posted and because "he looks chunky"

mu4c_20le

Both are perceived by many on here to be relatively slow
    Shaw isn't slow, maybe he lost a step when he first came back from his injury, but it's rare to see him getting beaten for pace. His recovery speed is incredible.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

We showed great horniness to bounce back from that 0-1.

The United

Shaw being slow? really?

And speed has nothing to do with resistance to high pressing.

People might be forgetting that Fred is opposite of it and seemed to make a lot of mistakes when he was targeted by the teams before the break.

No way I would trust him over a fit Matic for that.

Marzo

Form-wise, in the last 5 games, yes, So'ton beat City, but they lost to Arsenal and drew Everton. They beat Norwich and Watford.

Ole's United are not Moyes', LvG's, or The Recycled One's United. He's instilling a different mentality, the machine is really starting to hum, and these guys are having fun. And he's just getting started.

I get the moaning a little bit, but seriously, the variables are all different now.
    I really enjoyed this post, made me even more excited for this game, the United team I have finally wanted to see playing this type of football is back!

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
    I had a dream last night that Lingard started the game today. Funny thing is, so did I. At one point he had an open shot and decided to pass it off and we lost possession. I lost it on him and told him to "shoot the f*cking ball" and he started to cry. Then I yelled at Ole to get him off the field. Rooney scored a cracker though. Yeah, it was weird :lol: :lol: :lol:

lex talionis

Same XI, rotation beginning soon. We’ve found our mojo and have everything to play for. Pogba feels it.

3-0

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
    I had a dream last night that Lingard started the game today. Funny thing is, so did I.
    I read this the wrong way at first. Thought you had split personalities that were conversing with each other.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    I had a dream last night that Lingard started the game today. Funny thing is, so did I. At one point he had an open shot and decided to pass it off and we lost possession. I lost it on him and told him to "shoot the f*cking ball" and he started to cry. Then I yelled at Ole to get him off the field. Rooney scored a cracker though. Yeah, it was weird :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I re-read the bolded more times than I'm prepared to admit, and no, just no. It makes no sense.

And now my brain hurts dammit.

Tony247

Lingard must be thanking his stars that he is not even on bench during these times. Otherwise he is on the pitch and anything goes wrong then all fingers (and tongues) would be blaming him.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout

Horrendous. It's so much better watching us just at the minute.

I'm nervous now, I want us so badly to be up among the best teams in the league.

Dan_F

I get that it’s important for us to win tonight, but seriously, some of you lot have lost the plot. We’re at home to Southampton. This isn’t even in the top 50% of difficult games we’ll play in over a season. Obviously I’m not claiming we’ll 100% win, but how did you lot survive the build up to cup finals when it is genuinely must win.

We can lose tonight and still have top four in our own hands. That’s before you even consider that Chelsea and Leicester are in shit form, with bad fixtures. There’s no way both of them win their last 3.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
    Did we win?
    You shouldn't have made him cry, the big feckin cry baby.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 335 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw