Kick-off
Sat, 12 February 2022 @ 12:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

prateik

Why is this team so fecking useless.. Ole was clearly not the problem.. we didnt get a midfielder.. we didnt get a striker.. we got Ronaldo .. No wonder after making progress for 3 seasons we started going back..

What a joke.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    Preditction

Maguire mistake or multiples
    Shaw sideways and backwards
    Ronaldo ineffective
    Rashford breaks down many attacks
    14 wasted corners
    score first
    lose 1-2

Did I miss anything

...........I did actually

Get FCUKED by VAR

Nearly

Bestofthebest

Virtually every touch by Shaw today was backwards even throw ins. Also, when he went forward his pace when getting back made me look fast. Having said that, I could criticise virtually every player. De Gea was at fault for the goal by going with his feet rather than diving. This team are going nowhere but towards the bottom.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
    I agree. Also, rightly or wrongly, he is our captain until the manager says otherwise.
    I can't care less whether he is captain or not. I don't wish hurt to anyone (apart from people like Kim Jong un)

Hughie77

Fecking awful . Top 4 haha more like 6 or 8th if we're lucky. Ronny should be told to go in summer, and we need 2 strikers and a CB who's not Maguire . Crap crap

yipthatman

I can't care less whether he is captain or not. I don't wish hurt to anyone (apart from people like Kim Jong un)
    I agree about not wishing harm on people. My other point was even though I may disagree with Maguire being captain, I respect the managers decision. This is my point. I am a supporter, I support.

yipthatman

Fecking awful . Top 4 haha more like 6 or 8th if we're lucky. Ronny should be told to go in summer, and we need 2 strikers and a CB who's not Maguire . Crap crap
    That was painful hey Hughie. I dont know how much more I can take. No doubt I will be up for it next game like a fool.

Pickle85

No, he hasn't, actually.

Go ahead and explain how you arrived at that conclusion, though.
    His constant steaming out of position for no apparent reason to press, getting bypassed, and leaving us open. Chances missed. Getting absolutely done by Broja at the end. Now you go ahead and explain how you think he's been anything but.
    Still waiting...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    In terms of squad depth, we'd be truly fecked. Who can play as a CF, Cavani certainly is finished. As is Ronaldo. Martial would have been a useful body and I say this even if Greenwood had done nothing wrong
    as far as I could see, martial showed no interest in playing so all he would have been was a body

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Still waiting...
    I missed that reply, apologies.

He didn't constantly charge out of defence - he did it once and almost won the ball.

Bypassed and leaving us open? You'll have to provide examples of this happening every game for your view to hold merit. Around 60 or 70 will do.

Missing chances? He's a defender, scoring goals is not and never will be his responsibility.

Every defender on the face of the earth, past and present (yes, that includes Franco Barasi) has got "done" multiple times throughout their career.

Sorry, did I miss anything?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    McT is basically playing midfield by himself....Pogba playing so high up the pitch that he's not defending anyone nor is he helping in the possession. Same can be said for Bruno.

Then they get the ball and just dribble right into the two CM's for Southampton.
    this

Pickle85

I missed that reply, apologies.

He didn't constantly charge out of defence - he did it once and almost won the ball.

Bypassed and leaving us open? You'll have to provide examples of this happening every game for your view to hold merit. Around 60 or 70 will do.

Missing chances? He's a defender, scoring goals is not and never will be his responsibility.

Every defender on the face of the earth, past and present (yes, that includes Franco Barasi) has got "done" multiple times throughout their career.

Sorry, did I miss anything?
    He charged out of defense and left us wide open at least twice from memory but I may be missing a couple more. So I've given reasons why he was dire this game but according to you I need to provide examples from every game for that to 'hold merit? How does that work?

Sometimes, holding a minority opinion should give you pause for thought mate. This is one of those times.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    He charged out of defense and left us wide open at least twice from memory but I may be missing a couple more. So I've given reasons why he was dire this game but according to you I need to provide examples from every game for that to 'hold merit? How does that work?

Sometimes, holding a minority opinion should give you pause for thought mate. This is one of those times.
    I don't rate Maguire, that's the thing. He's not good enough to start for a side chasing the top four in arguably the toughest league in Europe, not by any stretch of the imagination, but neither do I believe he's anywhere near as poor as he's made out to be on this forum. He reads the game better than any defender in our side besides Varane, he's a strong presence on and off the pitch and a natural leader.

His lack of pace and agility is his downfall, though. He'll always struggle in a side that plays a high line, which is a basic requirement of any top side the world over. But he's what we've got, and he's a more reliable option than Lindelof or Bailly (IMO). The only viable alternative to him is Jones, but for reasons known only to Ralf, he's not even a consideration.

Hughie77

That was painful hey Hughie. I dont know how much more I can take. No doubt I will be up for it next game like a fool.
    Gluten for punishment that's it. Just can't put the ball in the net and a carbon copy goal from midweek, 4 mins into the 2nd half as there heads are still in the dressing room.

Varane around town

Maguire has to come out of the team for his own sake now.

I was at Old Trafford today and there was an audible boo when his name got read out. Which I don't condone but shows that United fans have really lost patience with our Captain. I still think there's a good defender in Maguire but he's having a disaster season.

We need to try Lindelof-Varane for the next few games.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Maguire has to come out of the team for his own sake now.

I was at Old Trafford today and there was an audible boo when his name got read out. Which I don't condone but shows that United fans have really lost patience with our Captain. I still think there's a good defender in Maguire but he's having a disaster season.

We need to try Lindelof-Varane for the next few games.
    this (but for our sake as well as his)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I am far from a fan of Jenas and Murphy but their analysis on MoTD was spot on. Very critical of the midfield - it's all over the place while many here like to criticise McT, the blame lies (at least) equally elsewhere.

I've said for months now that we have no shape or pattern to our play and that we are unbelievable predictable: how many times did Brno try that clipped/chipped ball over the top and fail to make it?

We must be so easy to play against: let's see how quickly Liverpool have the points wrapped up at Burnley later

Maticmaker

Painful watch once again, should have been three up at half time.

If Ronaldo's not finishing the chances he gets then we are playing with ten men. Both him and Cavani have looked their age in recent games.

Rashford seems to be going the way of Martial, moody spells of sh**e on-the-ball work, sod all work/effort off-the -ball and looking like he wants to be anywhere else but here. There was one redeeming effort from Marcus to assist Sancho's goal, but nowhere near what he used to be...where is that speed, on the half turn, that use to leave defenders for dead???

There was a massive hole in the centre of our midfield for long periods yesterday. For a brief spell in the first half when Pogba was on his game and striding out of midfield playing some lovely long balls forward, we looked effective, but in the blink of an eye that was all gone.

The 'schoolboy errors' remain all over the pitch, e.g what team doesn't know that one of Southampton's party pieces when defending against free kicks around their box is to hold their collective nerve on the edge of the box and let the opposition run though them in offside positions... apparently we don't!

'Decision making' is terrible, all over, lacking in team ethos either failure to spot openings or complete negativity it trying to work the ball up the centre of the field, everything is worked up the flanks, or played in front of the opposition.... very soon my 'walking football' mates will be able to defend against United.

Is it possible Ralf is working some diabolical 'clear the decks' system of allowing the players to be hoisted on their own petard? "Aye lad keep on like you are and you will find the dressing room door will start swing one way...."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 69% of 204 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 234 ratings.

Score Predictions