Kick-off
Wed, 4 December 2019 @ 7:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ..........VS........

Date - Monday, December 04 2019

Kickoff Time - 1930 Hrs GMT
    Venue - Old Trafford

League standings and form guide

9. Manchester United: WLWDD
    5. Tottenham: LDDWW

Previous Meetings

Tottenham 0–1 Manchester United

Manchester United 0–3 Tottenham

Tottenham 2–0 Manchester United

Manchester United 1–0 Tottenham

Tottenham 2–1 Manchester United

All-Time Record

Manchester United wins: 80
    Tottenham wins: 40
    Draws: 42

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

José Mourinho

Team News

Manchester United

Eric Bailly, Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Marcos Rojo ruled out. Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba, Diogo Dalot and Nemanja Matić doubtful.

Tottenham

Hugo Lloris, Michael Vorm, Erik Lamela and Ben Davies ruled out.

Know the opposition

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, commonly referred to simply as Tottenham or Spurs (and nicknamed The Lilywhites), are a professional football club based in Tottenham, London. The Hotspur Football Club was formed in 1882 by a group of school boys, mostly aged 13 to 14, from Tottenham Grammar School and Saint John's Middle Class School who were members of the Hotspur Cricket Club formed two years earlier. Initially, the boys that formed Hotspur Football Club played games between themselves and friendly matches against other local clubs. The team entered their first cup competition in the London Association Cup, and won their first competitive match on 17 October 1885. The club turned professional on 20 December 1895, and in the summer of 1896 they were admitted to the Division One of the Southern League. On 2 March 1898, the club also became a limited company, the Tottenham Hotspur Football and Athletic Company.

Tottenham were the first club in the 20th century to achieve the League and FA Cup Double, winning both competitions in the 1960-61 season. After successfully defending the FA Cup in 1962, in 1963 they became the first British club to win a UEFA club competition – the European Cup Winners' Cup. In 1967, Spurs won the FA Cup for a third time in the 1960s. In the 1970s Tottenham won the League Cup on two occasions and were the inaugural winner of the UEFA Cup in 1972, becoming the first British club to win two different major European trophies. In the 1980s Spurs won several trophies: the FA Cup twice, FA Community Shield and the UEFA Cup in 1984. In the 1990s the club won the FA Cup and the League Cup. When they won the League Cup once more in 2008, it meant that they had won a major trophy in each of the last six decades – an achievement only matched by Manchester United.

Tottenham supporters have rivalries with several clubs, mainly within the London area. The fiercest of these is with north London rivals Arsenal (with matches between them termed the North London derby). They also share notable rivalries with fellow London clubs Chelsea and West Ham United. Tottenham currently play their home games at Wembley Stadium - with White Hart Lane being dismantled to make way for a new stadium as a part of the Northumberland Development Project.

Referee

Paul Tierney.​

Walters_19_MuFc

Jose knows us inside out. He will sit back and hit us on the counter. Hopefully, Ole isnt so naive to walk into his trap.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    If we lose to that lot, I will lose my shit. Can't even beat Villa?

AshRK

Either jose will trounce us and make a mockery of Ole or it will be a dull 0-0.

Ban

Pogba will start this one and play brilliantly to prove a point. We'll either win 3:1 or get mauled 0:6.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
    Jose will eat this game up and gloat if we get hammered. Might be a bad day for United fans if we don’t get our act together.

good news is that one of the best midfielder in the world in Pogba could make a return for us.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
    Scout
    I expect Jose's Spurs to punish us for every single weakness in our team and tactics. Given how many of those we have, I don't see us even salvaging a draw. Ole sets up well in big games, so we might get lucky and lose only by a narrow margin.

Spurs seem better than us in every department.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    We dont have a chance if McTominay and Pogba are still out. With them we can win though, but it'll be a tight game. We're good in big games anyway, just need our actual midfielders to be there first.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    The sort of game we'll turn up for. We're becoming the sort of game raisers that we would moan about as United fans back in the day.

RedDevilRoshi

You just know Jose is going to get a result here as he knows us from top to bottom.

peridigm

I expect Jose's Spurs to punish us for every single weakness in our team and tactics. Given how many of those we have, I don't see us even salvaging a draw. Ole sets up well in big games, so we might get lucky and lose only by a narrow margin.

Spurs seem better than us in every department.
    Expect a loss. Spurs are revived and will be too much for our weak ass midfield to handle even if we have McTominay back.

As for Pogba coming back? I can't see it. He hasn't played in months and apparently just started training with the team the other day.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    Many said we would get thrashed by Leicester. Many said we would lose to Arsenal. Many said we would get thrashed by Liverpool (69% voted Liverpool win, 20% voted 0:3). Things sound bleak but this is the kind of game we can get a result in.

Reddevil1978

Think this will be Ole's penultimate game for United. Definitely gone after City. Can't see a win I'm afraid. Then maybe written in the stars sacked because of a loss against City.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    No excuse for Ole if Spurs come and earn a comfortable clean sheet. Should be goals in this game.

SAFMUTD

We will set up as counterattack, like Ole always does against top teams. Mourinho tend to do this as well, so id say we have a good chance to get the draw.

If by any means spurs manage to get the first goal then we are done, there’s no chance Ole can beat Mourinho’s tactics.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    There is no way were getting anything from this match other than embarrassment.
    Strap in for a shit week or two

Chairman Steve

Jose probably would approach this game as a draw being a good result most of the time, but knowing that Spurs need them points on the board, I cant see him settling for a draw. I can see us scoring but their front 3 or 4 are devastating in his counter attack style.

3-1 to Spurs.

Al-T

We've generally done OK against the better sides, however, I have zero expectation of anything from the next two games.

Without McTominay the Midfield is as effective as a man with ill fitting dentures in a pork scratching eating contest. I fear Solskjaer's tactical naivety will be cruelly exposed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Not especially looking forward to this one.
    Jose will know just how to stop our very green front players, and if no one makes a miraculous recovery to booster that centre mid, he'll eat them up too.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    I thought we'd draw today, lose against Spurs and then win against City.

Sticking with that prediction.

SER19

Can see us going down with a whimper here im afraid. 1-3

Bwuk

We can’t track runners from midfield. Dele Alli is back in form.

we’ll lose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 74% of 443 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 430 ratings.