Kick-off
Wed, 4 December 2019 @ 7:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Jose will be so excited. He knows all the weaknesses, he knows how bad Ole is at coaching, he knows how scared we're going to be.

RedMilo

going to the game, but not looking forward to it, after todays performance... We need to get McTominay back asap, Pogba as well would be useful. Don't understand the Martial substitution today, he is fulcrum of the attack and is the brains up front. Rashford and James are quick but you have to question their kick and rush football..

passing-wind

Jose knows us inside out. He will sit back and hit us on the counter. Hopefully, Ole isnt so naive to walk into his trap.
    :lol: What tactical fluidity does Ole have ?

The only aspect that will win us the game is if the players miraculously decide to 'show-up' Mourinho and increase their performance levels.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
    I think it will be an exciting game and we nick it in the end. 3-2 United, masterclass from Ole.

Irwin99

At least we won't see a Jones vs Kane horror show again this year.

Could be a high scoring game with neither side looking great at the back. I'm sure Jose will set up to play on the counter with a 4-2-3-1, will be interesting to see if Ole changes the team's shape (with someone to get closer to Ali maybe)

Going for a 2-2 draw

LoCalXT

Sadly I see us winning this and Ole buying more time.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Jose knows us inside out. He will sit back and hit us on the counter. Hopefully, Ole isnt so naive to walk into his trap.
    How do you mean? Like setting up with a quick passing fluid football that can navigate defensively organised counter attacking sides? Yeah, I'm sure Ole's working on that.

izec

Our only hope is players raising their game, that is what they normally like to do. If they cant be bothered, we arent winning this

SAFMUTD

Some players will try to prove a point to Mourinho but most importantly Mourinho wants to prove a point to Woodward on how bad he fecked up on not supporting him and appointing Ole in his place.

Both have much to prove, but lets be real Mourinho is a tactician mastermind while Ole is...cheerful, so I think we all know which manager is going to win this.

BlueHaze

This game couldn't come at a worse time. A reinvigorated Tottenham against us who are in absolute shit form. I can only see Spurs winning this game and then it's City on Saturday. We might be 16th come Sunday.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
    This game couldn't come at a worse time. A reinvigorated Tottenham against us who are in absolute shit form. I can only see Spurs winning this game and then it's City on Saturday. We might be 16th come Sunday.
    12th is the new 6th or something.

el3mel

We will scrap a draw out of this game and people will be talking about massive improvement just like Liverpool game, then we will get humiliated by City at Etihad the next game.

el3mel

Where were you when we got thrashed 4-0 in the first game Jose played Chelsea or the FA Cup final?
    What's that related to you asking if Mourinho had "masterclasses" against Chelsea with United? I brought one. Your point was invalid then. Move on.

PoTMS

Oh great, another game. What a complete utter waste of time this entire season is. No results and not even entertaining.

starman

What's that related to you asking if Mourinho had "masterclasses" against Chelsea with United? I brought one. Your point was invalid then. Move on.
    This is exactly what someone will say as they dont have a proper response, you do realise we played Chelsea more than once? You do know what plural means?

el3mel

This is exactly what someone will say as they have proper response, you do realise we played Chelsea more than once? You do know what plural means?
    You do realize that the poster was talking about one game, the upcoming one, and not that Mourinho will beat us every game, and that your initial question was this :

Why didn't he pull of masterclasses against Chelsea when at United?
    You didn't ask about his win ratio against Chelsea. You asked why he didn't pull any "masterclasses" against Chelsea with United. I did brought one, so your point was wrong. Maybe check the original post and your question for him first.

starman

You do realize that the poster was talking about one game, the upcoming one, and not that Mourinho will beat us every game, and that was your initial question was this :

You didn't ask about his win ratio against Chelsea. You asked why he didn't pull any "masterclasses" against Chelsea with United. I did brought one, so your point was wrong. Maybe check the original post and your question for him first.
    But you were the one responding to my question
    This single game you are referring to, the equivalent is the 4-0 defeat and your response is pulling out a match after several meetings. Don't think you are quite getting it...

el3mel

But you were the one responding to my question
    This single game you are referring to, the equivalent is the 4-0 defeat and your response is pulling out a match after several meetings. Don't think you are quite getting it...
    So what, the other poster too wasn't talking about him having a masterclass against us every game, just one game only, which is the upcoming one. I don't see the plural in his original post to now talk about his win ratio against Chelsea with us.

starman

So what, the other poster too wasn't talking about him having a masterclass against us every game, just one game only, which is the upcoming one. I don't see the plural in his original post to now talk about his win ratio against Chelsea with us.
    You don't seem to be taking on board the reference of him knowing the sqaud inside out, so will lead to a masterclass. Had no relevance when United played Chelsea

el3mel

You don't seem to be taking on board the reference of him knowing the sqaud inside out, so will lead to a masterclass. Had no relevance when United played Chelsea
    Regarding the 4-0 loss had us conceding in the first few seconds of the game throwing our entire plan out of the window. The stats actually show we weren't that crap for the majority of the game as the result suggests though, and I myself remember several piss easy chances missed by Zlatan that day while we were down by 1 or 2 goals, which was his worst period with us. We had more possession, more overall shots and more corners than them that day. Meanwhile they scored 4 out of 6 shots on target only.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37670362

We had a pretty tactical set up in the FA Cup same season and was ruined by the Herrera getting sent off, before pulling off exactly the same tactics against them in league the next game and winning.

Just because the manager puts a very good tactical set up against a team it doesn't mean he will undoubtedly win the game. Some factors can easily alter the course of it and lead to a negative result despite having a flawless tactical working.

Mourinho for sure knows all our players with their weakness and strength and will have enough tactical mind to counter all of them. Whether he pulls a result or not against us, it's something else.

In Rainbows

In other words, Mou got spanked by his former club in his first meeting.

freeurmind

weak willed
    Spurs central midfield and defence are vulnerable so we'll be in this game but Im really worried about our defence handling players like Moura and Alli. We really need Mctominay back. Will be interesting to sè what kind of reception Mourinho gets.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
    Scout
    Hopefully McTominay and Pogba are back for this, if players can't be fired up for this game then there is no hope for anyone of them.

Jose will set up deep defensive line and try to release Son on the counters. With Maguire we might struggle, we should play Tuanzebe to counter that.

Hopefully we will come away with 3 points for ManUtd sake and for redcafe sake.

AFC NimbleThumb

Why didn't he pull of masterclasses against Chelsea when at United?
    We can reconvene late Wednesday evening.

He left & Chelsea got better; he’s left us & somehow our new manager has mad us worse.

Fully understand your inability to see the vast difference in context.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
    Hopefully Jose reverts to type and plays to keep it tight and defensive - might avoid us getting a battering.

UpWithRivers

I know we do well against bigger teams but if we play 3 at the back and a midfield of Periera and Fred we are going to get spanked. 1-5. Deli Ali hat trick. They will totally dominate that midfield and the likes of Ali will just make runs from the space in front of our defense and destroy us.

MrBest

The game spurs keep the first clean sheet under Jose. Hopefully the game Ole gets the sack.

tonnas

easy win for spurs. Hopefully this week will be the last for Ole

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 74% of 443 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player