Kick-off
Wed, 4 December 2019 @ 7:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

:lol: What tactical fluidity does Ole have ?

The only aspect that will win us the game is if the players miraculously decide to 'show-up' Mourinho and increase their performance levels.
    He did well tactically against both Chelsea and Liverpool this season. We're the only team to take points off Liverpool, and should have probably won. Chelsea were in good form when we beat them at their place in the cup.

I understand Ole's doing rubbish, but credit where it's due for those two games at least.

waza7111

With our weak midfield and Spurs in good form I think they'll win easily.

0-2

Devil may care

Dr. Evil will be foaming at the mouth for this one, can Frodo defend the walls of Old Trafford? Sadly I doubt it, Spurs are having the new manager bounce and we just look so fragile.

I think McTominay will be back and even though I think Young might start I'm hoping we stick with Williams. I imagine Pereira will keep his spot after he got so much criticism, I just hope we go back 3 so we can get Axel in there to add some pace, mobility and agility into the defense.

HJ12

Dr. Evil will be foaming at the mouth for this one, can Frodo defend the walls of Old Trafford? Sadly I doubt it, Spurs are having the new manager bounce and we just look so fragile.

I think McTominay will be back and even though I think Young might start I'm hoping we stick with Williams. I imagine Pereira will keep his spot after he got so much criticism, I just hope we go back 3 so we can get Axel in there to add some pace, mobility and agility into the defense.

Since all our fit number 10's are woefully out of form, I'd prefer that we just lined up with a flat 3 in midfield and give Garner a chance alongside Fred and McTominay. I've seen enough of Pereira, Lingard and Mata. I'm also not so sure about a back 3 either. That experiment went horribly sideways against Sheffield United, with the team all over the place.

Adcuth

Be nice if we could be the game raising cnuts for a change

Ancient Of Days

Jose is going to teach Ole a footballing lesson on how to play proper counter attacking football

Remember Jose was one of the first managers to oust Ole when he was flying high and people thought he was just being bitter

And he's right any manager would love a job where they under no pressure like Ole.

''I am going to try to get a job like Ole has at this moment in the future which is to speak all the time about the future and then you are protected about the present.''

TheGame

----------------------DDG-----------------------------
    AWB---Maguire----Lindelof----Williams

-------------Fred-------Axel--------------------

James---------------------------------Rashford

--------------Greenwood----Martial-----------

Adcuth

Since all our fit number 10's are woefully out of form, I'd prefer that we just lined up with a flat 3 in midfield and give Garner a chance alongside Fred and McTominay. I've seen enough of Pereira, Lingard and Mata. I'm also not so sure about a back 3 either. That experiment went horribly sideways against Sheffield United, with the team all over the place.
    We should have been doing that a long time ago

Adcuth

Would literally try something new, what do have to lose.

....................De Gea

Laird Tuanzabe Maguire Williams

......................AWB
    ................Levitt Fred

.......James Marital Rashford

Backrow Singer

----------------------DDG-----------------------------
    AWB---Maguire----Lindelof----Williams

-------------Fred-------Axel--------------------

James---------------------------------Rashford

--------------Greenwood----Martial-----------
    When you look at it like that on paper, it really is no wonder we are where we are. That’s a Manchester United team, madness.

There‘s no-one there who I would trust. Not one of them would you look at and think “we’ve got a chance today because he’s out there”.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    At least we won't see a Jones vs Kane horror show again this year.

Could be a high scoring game with neither side looking great at the back. I'm sure Jose will set up to play on the counter with a 4-2-3-1, will be interesting to see if Ole changes the team's shape (with someone to get closer to Ali maybe)

Going for a 2-2 draw
    Are you sure in that? I see that Ole will park his bus and wait for counters like he always do in these games. And if he will play with back 3 like he also likes to do then we are one injury away from Jones vs Kane

Irwin99

Are you sure in that? I see that Ole will park his bus and wait for counters like he always do in these games. And if he will play with back 3 like he also likes to do then we are one injury away from Jones vs Kane
    That would be horrendous to witness again for a third season running but i'm pretty sure it won't.

If Ole played a back three of Axel, Lindelof and Maguire and one of them got injured i think he'd move AWB into the Rcb role and just put a full back on. I just have a feeling that the performance against Shefield United was a last straw where Jones is concerned. I don't think he was even in the squad against Villa right?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
    This is going to be a tumescent match devoid of much excitement. Ole knows only 1 way to play i.e. to play on break. It'll work versus teams like Chelsea and Liverpool who like to dominate possession, but Spurs under Mourinho will be completely disinterested in that.

Unless, we shoot ourselves in the foot and give away a calamitous goal. I suspect a cagey affair with a dull draw.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    That would be horrendous to witness again for a third season running but i'm pretty sure it won't.

If Ole played a back three of Axel, Lindelof and Maguire and one of them got injured i think he'd move AWB into the Rcb role and just put a full back on. I just have a feeling that the performance against Shefield United was a last straw where Jones is concerned. I don't think he was even in the squad against Villa right?
    How many times we thought that Jones is finished? We will see him again, no question about it

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
    Time Travel
    Ole will likely go with 3 at the back again and hope McSauce is fit. Big game for Rashford, Shaw and Martial if they want to get one on Jose.

Rashford Martial James
    Shaw Fred McTominay Laird
    Maguire Lindelöf AWB
    deGea​

croadyman

Jose is going to teach Ole a footballing lesson on how to play proper counter attacking football

Remember Jose was one of the first managers to oust Ole when he was flying high and people thought he was just being bitter

And he's right any manager would love a job where they under no pressure like Ole.

''I am going to try to get a job like Ole has at this moment in the future which is to speak all the time about the future and then you are protected about the present.''
    Yeah same here and the fact he has so much job security despite doing terribly just shows how much of a joke we are

trafford1980

Sadly I see us winning this and Ole buying more time.
    Sadly?

If Ole wins this then he'll rightly be in charge for the next match against City.

I don't understand 'supporters' who hope for bad results because of the increased chance of a Managerial sacking. It doesn't make any sense. If your existing Manager wins the matches you hope he loses then surely it negates the need to replace him.

I'm not a Solskjaer tragic, and I'd be all for replacing him if we lose against Spurs and City but given the option of 6 points and him staying in the job then I'm taking that fecking option every day of the week.

MrBest

He did well tactically against both Chelsea and Liverpool this season. We're the only team to take points off Liverpool, and should have probably won. Chelsea were in good form when we beat them at their place in the cup.

I understand Ole's doing rubbish, but credit where it's due for those two games at least.
    I think against Liverpool he just parked the bus after going 1 up. If I am being critical, I wouldn't call that tactical brilliance. Chelsea away was a good game i think he did okay.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
    Supports
    Man City
    I see Pogba is "quite a bit away" from fitness. Eagerly awaiting his immediate recovery when he gets the move he's after.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    I think if McTominay isn't ready, we'll go with the back 5 (in fact we probably will anyway even if he does play).

But if we do play a 3/5 - I would like to see Maguire on the left side so he can bring the ball into midfield.

De Gea
    AWB Tuanzebe Lindelof Maguire Williams
    McTominay Fred
    Lingard
    James Rashford​

Similar lineup to the one that drew with Liverpool. Martial to come on in the second half.

Prediction: 1-1.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    I'm expecting no McTominay or Matic again then. No midfield, with a defeat to follow.

A-man

Ole has a tough job now. The injuries not only making the team worse, they also make rotation more difficult. Which will add more to the list of injured.

Alabaster Codify7

I see Pogba is "quite a bit away" from fitness. Eagerly awaiting his immediate recovery when he gets the move he's after.

Mate, it's amazing how gullible a lot of our fans are. This "quite a bit away" will continue to be "quite a bit away" until the window opens and he leaves. This has been obvious for quite some time and I was matter of factly told myself, he's going in January. It's so obvious to anyone who isn't running on blind delusion - he'll never wear a red shirt again.

TsuWave

Can already picture Mourinho’s post match interview, after beating us 1-3, talking about how United is a great club and that he has no doubt we’ll give Ole the time he needs to turn things around :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Can already picture Mourinho’s post match interview, after beating us 1-3, talking about how United is a great club and that he has no doubt we’ll give Ole the time he needs to turn things around :lol:
    He won't be talking about Utd post match.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 74% of 443 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 430 ratings.

Score Predictions