Sat, 12 March 2022 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SirAnderson

We're still Moments FC.
    But it's a bit different I feel. Yes we still have patterns and patches of the game we switch off, but I think most teams have that.
    I think our glaring challenge is what team is coming out now in the second half though, more than Moments, we have vacillated between being First Half FC or Second Half FC. :nervous:

L1nk

Tim Sherwood is without doubt the worst pundit i've ever seen, talking nothing but absolute garbage in the studio

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
    I am not a CR7 fanboy, I just don't think he is the problem!
    There is not one problem, there are many issues with our team. But Ronaldo as our main striker who plays every game has been one of them.
    If you think replacing him with someone like Haaland, Mbappe, Lewandowski or Benzema wouldn't make as instantly a better team I can't help you.
    It obviously wouldn't solve the other issues we have from the manager to our defence and our midfield etc..

I think the performance today actually shows that giving him a break here and there is good for him. He definitely looks fresher to me and I would love if we see more games like that from him.

lex talionis

We were a bit too passive, but we’re up 2-1. Overall very decent except for Rashford, whose head just isn’t into game yet.

Leonzo1

Fred is a different player under RR. Him and Sancho look like different players.

bosskeano

the wing backs are giving us issues b/c they are pushing 5 guys onto our back line so the outside back tucks in to pick up a forward which leaves the wing back open

we need to figure that out or change the shape to a 532 and play on the counter

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    Still very worried here. We can’t see any lead through these days, except for Leeds who are of course a complete basket case.

Longshanks

Might be. But his arm is out. Ball is going towards goal although not a great hit. Even if his arm is behind him it is outstreched and stopped what could been a good chance.
    I think there either both penalties or both not penalties, both are in natural positions both aren't deliberate, and in both cases the arms are away from there body and neither had time to react to get there arms out they way.

The handball law is a mess.

NewYorkRed

Are you kidding me right now? He's been missing chances, penalties and couldn't even do simple things right like controlling the ball...
    Some of you have fish memory when it comes to CR
    Not kidding you at all. He’s missed a few chances, which striker doesn’t? Its not as if he keeps missing sitter after sitter. He missed ONE penalty. The control has been bad at times, but he’s not been nearly as bad as many on here suggest.

If you think we stick Halaand in this team the way it currently plays and we’ll be challenging with him on 40 goals then you’re in for a reality check.

Dante

Average bang
    He is so ponderous at times. It's like he just enjoys shaking people off rather releasing early.
    This is the reason he's never really been played at #10 in the Premier League - even when Lingard and Pereira were first choice.

ShinjiNinja26

I know it’s a shitty cliché but attack really is our best form of defence. Whenever we don’t have the ball we turn to shite and they’re able to cut through us with ease.

united for life

Rashford is poor again. Sancho on the left if full of life, Rashford on the other hand is below average unfortunately. Elanga would bring life to the right side.

Mike Smalling

Our bench is so tragic. The only player I want to see on the pitch is Elanga. Hope he is brought on for Rashford soon.

Half-time

RedIan

Overall I thought spurs edged the half, they look dangerous on every attack and seem to be able to carve through us at will..
    a couple of moments of brilliance have given us a debatable lead.
    fred has actually played some nice stuff offensively (though still hopeless defensively) also a nice through ball from matic for the 2nd goal, MCFred can’t deliver balls like that.
    Rashford completely anonymous, every United fans with an ounce of nouse knows he is hopeless on the right. Get him left wing or sub him.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
    Staff
    All the criticism Sancho was getting earlier in the season looks really stupid now. Hopefully a lesson that it takes young players time to adapt but that doesn't mean they won't come good.
    :lol:Indeed.

Definitely don't want Sancho starting after his performance against West Ham tonight.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    I hope the lads don't take their 'stupid' pills in this half time. Don't want to see them coming out at the end of half time without their brains switched on.

stu_1992

Really entertaining first half to be fair. Happy to be winning but it could stil kgo either way. Ronaldo looking right at it today. What a first goal that was like.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    Overall I thought spurs edged the half, they look dangerous on every attack and seem to be able to carve through us at will..
    a couple of moments of brilliance have given us a debatable lead.
    fred has actually played some nice stuff offensively (though still hopeless defensively) also a nice through ball from matic for the 2nd goal, MCFred can’t deliver balls like that.
    Rashford completely anonymous, every United fans with an ounce of nouse knows he is hopeless on the right. Get him left wing or sub him.
    They were carving us open at will. I can see us conceding another.

Judas

Open to offers
    Unsurprisingly, Fred when he's not being something he's not is a lot more tolerable. Still a bit of a headache, but more manageable.

Need a couple more, because Spurs will get plenty more chances, and I don't trust us at all.

SirAnderson

Elanga for Rashford on 60 mins will make sense.
    I haven't been watching most of the match properly, but based on this thread's input, seems like sooner is even better. But yeah 60 min mark is the norm for turn around performance I suppose.
    Has he been the usual running into defender kind of playing or just not putting in a shift?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Cristiano Ronaldo image Cristiano Ronaldo 92% of 361 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 322 ratings.

Score Predictions