Kick-off
Wed, 29 September 2021 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

oreon

Same story as last seasons. Individual brilliance to win games you shouldn't. But overall UTD will not win the league or the UCL.
    They need to learn to control games against lesser teams.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    That's why we shouldn't have taken him off in the Young Boys game. Ah well. We go again

evil_geko

That was a sack the manager performance. Ole looked like a rabbit in the headlights all night. Totally reliant on individuals changing the game.
    Yep, but many people will have the "Be happy because of the win and don't moan" attitude.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    I don’t need Fred for that tbf. :lol:
    My post is still relevant even after a mediocre cross from Fred.
    He picked out Ronaldo for the goal. Calling it mediocre makes you look a little small. YET again, we've hugely benefited from Ole's subs and yet we get the usual groaning. Drink it in baby! DRINK IT IN!

Redlyn

Games are win/win for me. We lose coach will leave faster, short term pain and all that. We win, well I can be happy for a few days. Just no draws please it serves neither agenda very well.

Jeffthered

That game sums up United with Ole. Full of drama. Hoping for some luck and inspiration. No real confidence, plan or conviction.

How can we take much from that? How?

Please don't tell me this team is improving under OGS. Don't.

That squad should be consistently delivering performances, assured performances against ALL teams in Europe. I'm fed up with it.

RedDevil@84

Guess Wumminator will be busy collecting all posts from today's thread and whine in his own thread.

RedIan

Wow what a finish, we were 2nd best for 60 minutes and play the Ronaldo get out of jail free card.. awesome but got that was poor overall

tjb

Don't know what happened thus game and on the weekend, but despite patchy in game form, I though we played well until Saturday. I'm happy that we won, but we are struggling to connect the team. Today was a horrible performance, worst of the season imo.

Ollie Derbyshire

Problem is we have no midfield and our FBs are shite. I can put Paris in a bottle with an if. He's been isolated and offering basically nothing. We can't continue like this. Sub him off and get a mid on before it's too late.
    Good job we didn’t sub him, we need patterns of play to build around certain players, Ronaldo being one.

The Hilton

No, it wasn't 'one bad pass.' We created a chance 30 seconds before this post when Matic again gave it away and (I think) Bruno won it back. The first thing he did when he came on was pass the ball behind Lindelof. The crowd has groaned several times when he's been on the ball because he's delayed releasing it. Fred's first touch was a hospital pass from Matic, and even the freekick he won he miscontrolled the ball and passed it straight to the opposition - saved by the follow through.
    He passed the ball to Lindelof as before that we were lumping it forward, and at the time he visibly had to calm Telles, McT, who were both far too amped and were just booting the ball.

He brought a lot of composure that we were lacking, played some good balls like the one to Cavani, not perfect but made a big difference.

If only we could de-age him a few years, he'd be the missing piece in our midfield.

yamo123x

Rollercoaster or what....

Didn't play well, varane and de gea brilliant.
    Viva Ronaldo, he was v poor but delivered when he had his chance

Maureen-yo

He picked out Ronaldo for the goal. Calling it mediocre makes you look a little small. YET again, we've hugely benefited from Ole's subs and yet we get the usual groaning. Drink it in baby! DRINK IT IN!
    My point was about Donny being left on the bench again, why are you bringing up groaning and gloating like you’ve just watched a team dominate and convincingly win a match? Ole having to bring on subs to rescue a game that, with the players he has at his disposal, we should be winning comfortably isn’t really something to sing and dance about long term is it? We would have been about 4-0 down had it not been for Villareals woeful finishing are you going to congratulate Ole for that too?

Hughie77

Game of 2 halfs, my word, subs made the difference, Cavani awesome, Jesse he was great again , Matic was class didn't give a pass away . And DDG again thanks pal . And I was telling my Mrs Ronny has to come off. I hope this result puts some fighting spirt in these guys , because the 1st half was embarrassing and we should have been 3 down, the 2nd half has papered over the cracks I think . Does Cavani start on Sat I would . That guy chased everything and he made the difference would have loved his header to go in. Great win but that's what UTD do. Never dull. I thought it was such a poor 1st half then there goal, but I got to give it to them they dug in and pulled one out of the bag .

Highfather_24

So did I, I’d turned off in disgust :lol:
    I learnt this lesson in that Portugal game where he scored 2 in the end. Never ever write Ronaldo off.

Big decision from Ole tonight not taking him off.

He is such a clutch player its insane.

Strelok

Good job we didn’t sub him, we need patterns of play to build around certain players, Ronaldo being one.
    Tbh thanks God that he scored the winning goal, but truth is apart from the goal he offered basically nothing. Credit to Ole to keep him on though. We were very lucky tonight and what a performance from De Gea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 85% of 414 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 373 ratings.

Score Predictions