Kick-off
Wed, 29 September 2021 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Josh 76

This has got a draw written all over it. Low scoring draw!

Winrar

I would say this game has a 0-0 written all over it, but I'm not confident in our ability to keep a score sheet.

I wouldn't be surprised with another 0-1, if that happens Ole is in serious trouble.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
    Gonna go with a narrow win here. We have had a ton of chances the past two games, and see the same happening here but with more clinical striking here.

redshaw

When it's doom and gloom we normally pull a result out but I'm really not looking forward to another Emery showstopper.

We really should go all out to finally beat these cnuts.

laughtersassassin

I'm sure the excuses will be we are missing out back four but the simple fact is we have a far superior team

SamVimes

I have no confidence of a win. On top of the injuries, prior poor performances and results, combined with current form, I would be edging towards an away win. Ridiculous.

always_hoping

Villarreal drew 0-0 away to La Liga Leaders Real Madrid tonight and restricted them to a mere 2 shots on target.

lex talionis

If McFred start yet again and we drop points yet again, it will be time for the Glazers to have a word with with Ole.

always_hoping

Ok, so pressure is off. It's now ok to draw or lose this, because they're obviously very good.
    Uniteds job is one of the most pressured in the world and no win for United Wednesday on top of the Young boys result will leave United with uphill task to reach the CL knock out stages.

Villarreal I might add are a bit of bogey side for United, even Ferguson could beat them in Europe and I won't be surprised if Villarreal earn at least a draw in this game.

ti vu

With Shaw, Maguire and AWB all out I think Ole will go for 3-5-2 and leave Mason and Sancho on the bench.

I am not sure about Bailly in back 3. And sorry, looks like a disaster in the waiting with 3 at the back against a team happy enough to get a draw, and capable of ball retention. We're not good with our plan A, so would be quite surprised if we can get victory with 3 at back.

Atheist

Waiting for the eventual post-match excuse - maybe blaming referees again for not giving penalties?

MrBest

1 0 to Villareal, McFred gives me zero hope and Ole will take another 85 mins to make a meaningful sub.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
    Villareal are currently 10th in La Liga with 1 win and 5 draws. All they have to do is initiate a low block and Ole and the boys wont have a clue what to do. This is going to be a grind of a game but my fecking god we better win.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    So AWB suspended, Maguire and Shaw likely out, will be an interesting backline.

Dalot-Varane-Lindelof-Telles

Would be useful to have Cavani in there given both full backs love to whip in crosses, and in the case of Telles, it's all he does.

Maybe time to leave one of Bruno/Pogba on the bench, look for width and ball retention.

Eli Zee

Villareal are currently 10th in La Liga with 1 win and 5 draws. All they have to do is initiate a low block and Ole and the boys wont have a clue what to do. This is going to be a grind of a game but my fecking god we better win.
    if we lose Ole may just get sacked

Marcus

Just go for it Ole. Must win game. Mason-Ronaldo-Sancho front line. With Sancho on the right.

The only way he's in trouble is if results collapse in the league and top 4 starts to look in doubt. That's all the Glazers care about.
    If the minimum acceptable league finish is 4th due to the financial benefits of being in the CL then there will also be a minimum requirement for how far the team goes in the CL. Granted it won’t be enforced as strictly but the expectations overtime will be that more often than not the manager gets to at least the QF because that’s when CL money actually starts to make a difference to a club like United.

A team that doesn’t get beyond the group stage gets around around €23m.The maximum a club can get from the CL is around €85m that’s if they win the thing and win every match along the way.

So for CL money to make a noticeable difference to a club like United we’d have to be getting to the QF/SF on a regular basis.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    With Shaw, Maguire and AWB all out I think Ole will go for 3-5-2 and leave Mason and Sancho on the bench.

That's a decent lineup, I wouldn't mind seeing that. We could even have Sancho in there for Cavani in sort of a free role.

But we all know Ole, he won't deviate from his 4231 and when the shit hits the fan, he sticks with his beloved McFred.

izak

Supports
    Glory Glory Red Devils
    Not confident at all for this, we might lose again 0-1

Would like to see;

DDG

DALOT VARANE LINDELÖF TELLES

MATIC

VDB POGBA

BRUNO

CAVANI RONALDO

SUBS; GREENWOOD, SANCHO, MCTOMINAY, FRED, LINGARD, BAILEY, MATA.

IF WE PLAY THIS WE'LL WIN 3-1

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
    Is Maguire and Shaw still out injured? If so:

DDG
    Dalot Varane Lindelof Telles
    VDB Matic
    Greenwood Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo

largelyworried

Could go either way this game. We have a tendency to pull a result out of the bag when we’re under pressure, so I could see us doing that again here. But Villarreal are decent and exactly the kind of canny team we struggle against. Result could be anything from 3-0 to us to 0-1 to them. But I’m going for a decent home win.

Chicharo

We desperately need a win here. No doubt,McFred will start. So,

DDG
    Dallot, Varane, Lindelof, Telles
    McFred
    Greenwood (Jadon), Bruno, Pogba
    Ronnie

The way the things are going right now, I'd be delighted if we won 1-0

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
    Think with Maguire out and Ole under pressure due to result we will play 3-5-2 and make the mistake of playing Bailey in Back 3

MichaelRed

3 losses in 4 and a must win here, we'll likely win it to relieve some pressure.

Ronaldo
    Lingard Bruno Greenwood
    Pogba McTominay
    Telles Lindelof Varane Dalot
    De Gea
    Would say Sancho needs more time out of the limelight.
    That a predicted line-up or suggested?

McTominay & Pogba midfield is suicide. McTominay hides all game & has no defensive attributes other than height. Pogba won't run the game defensively either. Greenwood & Lingard don't pass the ball often in attacking areas so Ronaldo will cut a frustrated figure and end up dropping deep again. Yikes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 85% of 414 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 373 ratings.

Score Predictions