Kick-off
Sun, 23 February 2020 @ 2:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

A-man

It's not wrong Shaw is imitating Sheffields overlapping cb's, sort of like an attacking cb. I guess Williams hasn't figured where to be during that scenario
    That’s true. I believe that’s something that can be coached however. At the same time it is risky to build a team where you use both best LB at the same time, considering rotation and Shaws injury history.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
    Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    It really is so important to win this game, but we have been often disappointing at home this season.

It will be a big advantage not to have to rely on Lingard and Andres. McT coming on as sub, rather than either of those, will "be like a new signing".

-Supreme-

Although we don't need to rely on Lingard nor Andres but Watford will be coming to this game with high energy and fresh legs from 2 weeks break, whereas this will be our 3rd game in the space of a week

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    What choice did he have ? Scott injured, Pogba Injured, Fred overplayed, Matic Overplayed. Bruno was just signed.

They had to be in the squad and for rotation purposes in the starting eleven from times to times.
    I already answered someone else who said this. Basically, anyone over Lingard. He's so far gone, he was a detriment to the team.

Deery

Dreary
    Hoping to see something like this

DeGea

Wan Bissaka Maguire Bailly Shaw

Fred McTominey
    Fernandes

Greenwood Ighalo Martial​

A-man

I think Bailly with his pace and skill on the ball will complement Maguire better in the long run though.
    That’s where I disagree. His skills are fine as compliment but his poor sides (awareness, positioning, judgement, doesn’t cover his space, etc) would stop Maguire. Plus I don’t think he is good enough. All can change with matches of course and I think he is worth a last chance.

Withnail

That’s where I disagree. His skills are fine as compliment but his poor sides (awareness, positioning, judgement, doesn’t cover his space, etc) would stop Maguire. Plus I don’t think he is good enough. All can change with matches of course and I think he is worth a last chance.
    I think we saw enough from him a couple of years ago to warrant giving him a run as the talent is there.

I know he had some horrific games when was in and out of the team under Mourinho.

I'm still hopeful that if he gets a run without injuries he can come good.

Deery

Dreary
    Not sure McT will start.

Is he one of those players who can just come straight back into the starting 11 as if he was never out?
    Am sure he could, saw a training video and he was pinging it around nicely that was two weeks ago so he should be fit now.

A-man

I think we saw enough from him a couple of years ago to warrant giving him a run as the talent is there.

I know he had some horrific games when was in and out of the team under Mourinho.

I'm still hopeful that if he gets a run without injuries he can come good.
    I also think he is worth another try. If he could improve on his weak sides he could be very good. My fear is however he lacks too much of the fundamentals for being almost 26 years old.

Lee565

Please no James or lingard in the starting line up though I hope lingard is not even on the bench, I would rather have even cleverley back over him

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    Only just seen United aren't on tv in the UK. Unless i'm missing something.

GenZRed

I hope McSauce isn't rushed back and we end up injuring him for the rest of the season, like we did with Rashford (thanks OGS).

Best not to play footballers who are nursing an injury anyway, regardless of minor the injury is, or how important the match is. It is simply not worth the risk. Not really ethical either.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    I think it's fairly obvious now he was only playing them out of necessity.

Whatever people feel about Ole he's a good judge of player and it's clear these two aren't gonna cut it.

I'd say he'll ship them both out now the first chance he gets.
    Yeah, I agree on both counts, he only played them due to a lack of alternatives in the positions they occupy, and he is a good judge of talent. I didn't believe Ole was ruthless enough to drop two players from the squad after they have been ever-present all season long. I was wrong.

Baby-faced assassin indeed.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    DDG

AWB
    Bailly
    Maguire
    Shaw

Matic
    Fred

Greenwood
    Fernandes
    James

Martial

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    I hope McSauce isn't rushed back and we end up injuring him for the rest of the season, like we did with Rashford (thanks OGS).

Best not to play footballers who are nursing an injury anyway, regardless of minor the injury is, or how important the match is. It is simply not worth the risk. Not really ethical either.
    Scotts been back in training a few weeks now. He's certainly not being rushed back.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    For all of Ole’s faults I don’t think he’s ever shied away from a big decision like this. Hes been pretty ruthless and done what fans have called for numerous times. Sanchez, Lukaku, Young, Williams > Shaw ect.
    He's been shying away from the decision (of dropping Pereira and Lingard) for several months.
    The 2 of them are consistently the worst players in our team and he kept playing them.
    For Lingard, he even made an excuse for playing him - he is having family problems, so it's okay to play him while he is the worst player in the team.
    So, let's not make out that he is ruthless....he has his favourites and Lingard is definitely one of his favourites.

Lingard and Pereira were playing only a few days ago, so I don't believe for one second he has learnt his lesson on these 2. I believe they are being rested for an upcoming game.

HackeyC

Not on live tv! What am I paying for? I have Sky Sports, BT Sports, Amazon Prime and there are two 2pm kick offs on a Sunday, neither of which are televised. I can stream but don't want to, I just want to legitimately enjoy watching my team.

Are there any discussion topics on broadcasting? A quick search hasn't shown up anything obvious. My wife recently attended attended a market research session on the Premier League which some might find interesting, but this probably isn't the thread for it.

A-man

Not on live tv! What am I paying for? I have Sky Sports, BT Sports, Amazon Prime and there are two 2pm kick offs on a Sunday, neither of which are televised. I can stream but don't want to, I just want to legitimately enjoy watching my team.

Are there any discussion topics on broadcasting? A quick search hasn't shown up anything obvious. My wife recently attended attended a market research session on the Premier League which some might find interesting, but this probably isn't the thread for it.
    Someone said it was to not compete wth City -Chelsea women but I don’t know. Fcn annoying, am paying a fortune to have all football covered and yet I can’t watch this game live.

Robbie Boy

Someone said it was to not compete wth City -Chelsea women but I don’t know. Fcn annoying, am paying a fortune to have all football covered and yet I can’t watch this game live.
    Think someone said it was a rescheduled match so wasn't chalked in for TV anyway.
    Ah ok cool. Pain in the ass I just assumed it was on until I checked a few minutes ago.

HackeyC

Think someone said it was a rescheduled match so wasn't chalked in for TV anyway.
    Missed opportunity to sell it to Amazon, the PL needs to modernise its distribution.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 90% of 404 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 382 ratings.

Score Predictions