Kick-off
Sat, 9 January 2021 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mickson

Ethan Laird should start. Not that he's going to though. Tuanzebe as a CB and Greenwood striker. Please.

Nickosaur

Expect a full strength squad with no rotation for this one. The PE teacher will be scared to get knocked out of cups in back to back matches, (especially this one since it's a Championship side, he's clearly desperate to get a trophy), him rotating against Instanbul and that ultimately being the reason why we are out of the CL put the fear into him about rotation/rest. So no rest going into the Liverpool game because we can't rest against Burnley. Meanwhile Liverpool will have 8 days off before that, while we'll have played in 2 more games between today and then and only have 4 days off before the match.
    Please grow up.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Hope to see Mata and VDB start, with Greenwood as the striker.

Mata seems to have fallen completely out of favour recently, despite seemingly doing nothing wrong (and actually mostly playing well when he's come in)... so I worry that Lingard will start ahead of him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
    Surprised noone has Pellistri in their line-ups. Would be great to see him in this game.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
    Henderson
    -----------------
    TFM
    Bailly
    Tuanzebe
    Telles
    ----------
    Matic
    Van de Beek
    ----------
    Pellistri
    Mata
    James
    ----------
    Greenwood

Dan600

I guess based on last nights team and Ole's comments it'll be a complete change from the City game, taking the opportunity to rest first teamers before the Burnley game. I think Bailly may get his place back for Burnley due to needing a bit more strength at the back, so Lindelof may start again, along with Henderson. The rest will change, along the lines of:

Henderson
    Williams/Fosu Mensah
    Tuanzebe
    Lindelof
    Telles

Matic
    Van De Beek

And 4 more out of any of

Mata/Lingard/James/Greenwood/Ighalo

Reckon Ighalo will start against his old club, probably his last appearance/send off for us. Hey, he might even score the winner. If not we will end up seeing the usual subs of Rashford/Bruno sent on to try and save the day. I wouldn't mind seeing Pellistri against Watford, but feel like Ole has other senior players who need game time/putting in the shop window/farewells. Maybe Ole isn't sentimental and Ighalo doesn't get this game, but I feel like he had it pencilled in for him.

Last edited:

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
    Henderson
    Williams Bailly Tuanzebe Telles
    Matic Mata Donny
    Pellistri Greenwood James

RashyForPM

There's no way we rest the majority of the first team

Do we really want to be out of both domestic cups within days?
    Want, no. Wouldn’t mind, yes. In this undeniably crammed season, it’s possibly, in fact probably, better to just focus on the league and the EL if possible. Especially since at this moment in time, we’re in a good position in the league.

SuperiorXI

Want, no. Wouldn’t mind, yes. In this undeniably crammed season, it’s possibly, in fact probably, better to just focus on the league and the EL if possible. Especially since at this moment in time, we’re in a good position in the league.
    That could change very quickly though and there's a risk we're left pissing in the wind with nothing this season if we devalue the winnable FA cup

CM10

I don't think he'll rest the entire first team but I'd hope the majority of them are, certainly Bruno and Rashford. We have a deep squad, it's time to use it.

RonaldoVII

Rest the entire first 11. If we lose then we lose. Losing in the 3rd round is the 2nd best way to exit the competition.

redshaw

Maybe have Bruno and Rashford on the bench. They can have a huge impact if needed against a tired Watford side.

I'd hope Ole uses the squad, we've had a packed schedule of a game every 3 days while some have had a covid break. We also need to get Greenwood up and running he's been a dud so far. Last season he did well in the second half of it.

Mike Smalling

Rest everyone.

Henderson
    Tuanzebe - Bailly - Lindelof - Telles
    Matic - van de Beek
    Pellistri/Lingard - Mata - James
    Greenwood

Should be enough for a win.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
    Need to rotate heavily for this. I just want two wins next week. Next few weeks will show if we have develop the character that Ole is speaking about.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    Expect a full strength squad with no rotation for this one. The PE teacher will be scared to get knocked out of cups in back to back matches, (especially this one since it's a Championship side, he's clearly desperate to get a trophy), him rotating against Instanbul and that ultimately being the reason why we are out of the CL put the fear into him about rotation/rest. So no rest going into the Liverpool game because we can't rest against Burnley. Meanwhile Liverpool will have 8 days off before that, while we'll have played in 2 more games between today and then and only have 4 days off before the match.
    This will look very silly come Saturday

croadyman

Exactly this please. Pogba, Martial and Bruno off the bench for the last 20 if we need a goal.
    Leave them at home completely, if we aren't capable of beating Watford without them it's a bloody poor show

OleGunnar20

Rest the entire starting 11 for me. With where we're at in the league we need to take a real run at it this year. I'd play lindelof and save Bailly for the league.

Ole will no doubt go with a much stronger team mind you.

Henderson
    -
    Williams
    Lindelof
    Tuanzebe
    Telles
    -
    Matic
    VDB
    -
    Pellestri
    Mata
    James
    -
    Greenwood

Keep the big guns on the bench in case they're needed, but I reckon that team should have what it takes to win.

croadyman

Rest everyone.

Henderson
    Tuanzebe - Bailly - Lindelof - Telles
    Matic - van de Beek
    Pellistri/Lingard - Mata - James
    Greenwood

Should be enough for a win.
    How I wish Ole had the guts to pick that team but he doesn't and he won't

Offsideagain

If Ole doesn’t play Donny, what message does that send to the lad? Potential banana skin but we should prevail. Good opportunity to rest Bruno before the Burnley game and I would also rest Maguire and Rashford. If we can’t beat Watford without them we are in a poor state. Tuanzebe and Bailey centre backs with AWB and Telles with Henod in goal should cope with Watford.

croadyman

If Ole doesn’t play Donny, what message does that send to the lad? Potential banana skin but we should prevail. Good opportunity to rest Bruno before the Burnley game and I would also rest Maguire and Rashford. If we can’t beat Watford without them we are in a poor state. Tuanzebe and Bailey centre backs with AWB and Telles with Henod in goal should cope with Watford.
    Need to play Bailly in the league games but will be Rosie & Jim, sorry meant Lindelof & Maguire again

SER19

You seem to be getting very worked up about something that hasnt happened.

croadyman

You seem to be getting very worked up about something that hasnt happened.
    Probably just expects him to do that and to be fair he has form for not resting and rotating players well enough

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    Everyone saying Pellistri to start, that's a "Hope" yea? He is 99% likely not to start, he would be very lucky to see 10 minutes at the end of the game, I'd like him to start but it's never going to happen, I think what's likely?

Henderson
    TFM Tuanzabe Bailly Telles
    Matic VDB

That back 7is likely, have all played in smaller games recently and all need a game

Greenwood is due a start as with James, I think Ighalo and Lingard are outside bets to be honest, I think Mata will start and the last spot will either be Mctominay (Moving VDB to #10) or Lingard...

RUCK4444

If I see Bruno, Rashford or Maguire starting I will lose it. Ideally all three should get a day off.
    I agree HOWEVER this whole place will erupt into 'why has Ole rested the whole team, that's another cup chance down the drain, poor selection' blah blah.

Siorac

Hope to see Mata and VDB start, with Greenwood as the striker.

Mata seems to have fallen completely out of favour recently, despite seemingly doing nothing wrong (and actually mostly playing well when he's come in)... so I worry that Lingard will start ahead of him.
    That seems like an irrational fear: Mata played a lot more than Lingard this season.

croadyman

Everyone saying Pellistri to start, that's a "Hope" yea? He is 99% likely not to start, he would be very lucky to see 10 minutes at the end of the game, I'd like him to start but it's never going to happen, I think what's likely?

Henderson
    TFM Tuanzabe Bailly Telles
    Matic VDB

That back 7is likely, have all played in smaller games recently and all need a game

Greenwood is due a start as with James, I think Ighalo and Lingard are outside bets to be honest, I think Mata will start and the last spot will either be Mctominay (Moving VDB to #10) or Lingard...
    Should play Lindelof instead of Bailly but it will be Harry as usual

Siorac

I agree HOWEVER this whole place will erupt into 'why has Ole rested the whole team, that's another cup chance down the drain, poor selection' blah blah.
    Almost everyone wants wholesale changes, based on the posts so far. Hard to see anyone doing much erupting.

If Bruno starts, Ole should be fired on the spot. OK, I'm exaggerating but only a little.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    That seems like an irrational fear: Mata played a lot more than Lingard this season.
    Lingard's was injured for most of the early part of the season, and made the bench ahead of Mata for the Everton game and the Leicester game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 184 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw