Sat, 21 November 2020 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crustanoid

We’ll lose this one.

Maybe scrape a draw against the Turks in the next game.

Then get dicked by Soton

Gator Nate

Hard to say going into the break how things will be on the injury front. Rashford looked like he rolled over his shoulder, so it only be a few days and he'll be alright. Shaw's a bit more worrisome, but maybe it was just a slight tweak.

I see no reason to be particularly worried over this one, aside from the fact that Spurs could only score on them in the 88th minute for a 1-0 victory.

OrcaFat

If we win this, we go above Arsenal after the same number of games. I wonder if Arteta will then become favourite for the sack. No, because “you can see what he’s trying to do there”.

Having said that, we’ll probably lose.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    I see it took Spurs till the 88th minute to score against them today, were Spurs bad or WBA good?

Ballache

Supports
    Martial
    ---------------------DDG--------------------
    AWB-Tuanzebe-Maguire-Telles
    ----------------Fred-McT------------------
    ----Greenwood-VDB-Martial-----
    -------------------Cavani------------------

Assuming VNL, Shaw and Rashford are out.

Gasolin

I see it took Spurs till the 88th minute to score against them today, were Spurs bad or WBA good?
    WBA pressed a lot and Spurs were sluggish. If we have the right fitness the game will be fine as we are much better structurally then Spurs to get the ball out. Really this is going to be a matter of focus / concentration and the ability to deliver high intensity, whatever the tactics.

cyberman

Is it really a 3:30 kick off on a saturday?
    Edit no its 3pm

Gasolin

I look at that list:
    https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

And it seems that we could potentially get Greenwood and Telles for this game but not Rashford. Unless we manage to rest Rashford so that he doesn't play for England at all?

We have to hope our bench is finally able to help us in this time, especially for Telles and Cavani. Maybe VdB. This is the time we will need them to shine to help us get the 3 pts.

Gasolin

Finally a debut game for Pellistri on the right wing?
    As a sub? We have taken 16 games to introduce Greenwood as a starter, we are not rushing either VdB, Telles or Pellistri unless there is a long term injury a la Shaw for Telles.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Will have to see how things go over the international break and who is fit, but I'd assume Shaw will sit a couple of games out now. Hopefully the injury isn't as bad as feared, but at least our full backs aren't in the England squad and Telles will be back.

De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Telles
    Van de Beek Fred
    Fernandes
    Greenwood Martial Rashford​

I don't see much reason to go with anything other than this. Ideally bringing on Pogba, Cavani and Matic in the second half. I wouldn't be surprised if Ole still goes with McTominay, but I think we can play our next two fixtures without the Fred/Scotty pairing, they should join up again for the likes of Southampton, Man City, PSG and Leipzig in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

SATA

Will have to see how things go over the international break and who is fit, but I'd assume Shaw will sit a couple of games out now. Hopefully the injury isn't as bad as feared, but at least our full backs aren't in the England squad and Telles will be back.

De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Telles
    Van de Beek Fred
    Greenwood Martial Rashford​

I don't see much reason to go with anything other than this. Ideally bringing on Pogba, Cavani and Matic in the second half. I wouldn't be surprised if Ole still goes with McTominay, but I think we can play our next two fixtures without the Fred/Scotty pairing, they should join up again for the likes of Southampton, Man City, PSG and Leipzig in the coming weeks.
    I think we will likely lose with only ten players on the pitch even though it’s against WBA for ninety minutes

Joseunited

It's simple really. Don't use Pogba and we'll win.Hopefully Ole has come to that conclusion too.

Castia

Should be a easy 3 points (no disrespect to WBA) but our home form is alarming. Tough run of fixtures again after this 3 points are vital.

Nickelodeon

I think we'll finally get the correct team selection. The players would be buzzing after a tough win against Everton and with relatively easier fixtures coming, we need to start on a high.

Hence, 1-0 to WBA.

Gerald G

Because of COVID, I literally don't know who we will play. Lindelof isn't allowed to join Sweden for the Denmark match because of the UK's travel restrictions. But he can join for their other two fixtures - it's a mess!

Whoever is available then we PLAY THEM

dal

Probably back to shit and more infighting between the ole in and ole out crowd.

Bruno is key and the reason Ole has a job, not just this season but the last also.
    Why do you think that is, because Ole wanted him and he knew what he needed.

Our forward line is made of two homegrowns and martial, who we brought when he was 19. Carries a lot of risk and trust to bring these through.

Of the current front 4, we’ve brought one in Bruno who was actually quite proven and you need these sorts of players, look at the other teams they’ve got loads of them in the front 3/4. Mane, Firmino, Salah, Bale, Son, Ageuro, Sterling, Silva, Aubamayang, Lacazette, Werner, Pulisic. We have brought zero in our strongest front 3.

highlights the shambles of our recruitment in honesty but it seems to be getting better.

Ours were with us before the age of 20 and some still are hence why we wanted Grealish. We need a sprinkle of quality proven startdust.

5-1 Man Utd, a team is due an absolute malling from us.

Adcuth

Donny in for Mctominay and let him play a box to box role. Him and Fred have the workrate to trackback when we don't have the ball. Rash and Greenwood with Cavani up top. Telles will start with Shaw out. We'll smash them with that team

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Donny in for Mctominay and let him play a box to box role. Him and Fred have the workrate to trackback when we don't have the ball. Rash and Greenwood with Cavani up top. Telles will start with Shaw out. We'll smash them with that team
    McTominay is Ole’s favourite player of all time. He’s the Mason Mount to Ole’s Frank Lampard. No way he gets dropped.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I've wanted us to try this too.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Can DVB play the box to box? Did he do that at Ajax?

TheGame

----------------DDG--------------------
    AWB-Tuanzebe-Maguire-Telles
    ----------------Matic-VDB------------------
    ----Greenwood-Pogba-Martial-----
    -------------------Cavani------------------

Could do with resting Bruno for Istanbul which is an important game. The team above should do the job.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    Huge game for United when you look at the other fixtures during this game week. When will it all click into gear?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Will be very dependent on internationals and how much some players are used. Guessing/hoping for:
    De Gea
    Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Telles
    VdB Matic
    Greenwood Pogba Rashford
    Cavani​

Games where we should expect to dominate, we should really put Cavani and Telles in for that delivery and natural goalscoring instinct. They become much easier with someone who will score the easy goals/deliver good crosses and always be a threat.

We're surely in for a difficult game at a difficult ground. We'll have to play to our best to get something from this game.

4231: de Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, Maguire, Telles; Fred, van de Beek; Greenwood, Fernandes, Rashford; Cavani.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 227 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw