Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    Also hearing United are looking at Payet? Well I hope he has a crap game today.

peridigm

Hope so. Even if he hasn't got it in him to be brilliant for us anymore, he's an option and the less rancour in the dressing room the better.
    Would be nice to see him play but don't think we need Carrick or Schweinsteiger sitting deep in this one. We're home and West Ham are shit.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Injuries happen, stop blaming every single thing on Mourinho just because you have the benefit of insight.

Norris

I hope the Custis tweet is true (It probably isn't). Hope the game is wrapped up by the time Schweiny is given a run.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    It's weird that Sportbild (Ger) tell us that Basti's with the team at Lowry, but this is the one match of which we haven't heard any team news from MEN.

Zoo

Mkhitaryan deserves a place on the bench at least.

OohAahMartial

Mhki will get subbed on, a gentle easing in. Bastian may get the bench and maybe play the cup game as the transfer window is soon and he hasnt sorted his new club out.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    We're playing at home, I would have started Micki. Oh well

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    With Herrera returning, we are probably going back to a 433 with Rooney left. So, I can see why Mkhi isn't starting.

The White Pele

Good opportunity midweek for Mkhi to get a game against PL opposition. If he plays well in that game then there'll be no looking back I think.

Devil may care

With Herrera returning, we are probably going back to a 433 with Rooney left. So, I can see why Mkhi isn't starting.
    I don't think so, with Carrick out we don't have the players for that system, I think it will just be Lingard or Martial in for Mkhi with Herrera playing as the #6.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
    I assumed that Herrera would just take Carrick's place. This probably means that mop head is starting.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
    No one knows the line up yet anyway.

Everyone last week said marital wouldn't start and he did.

Just wait for the line up

Morpheus 7

I hope that's no true about Carrick being out today. The Europa league curse, he shouldn't have played that game. The league is the priority and it's not a coincidence that we keep dropping points after the El. We need better squad rotation. Carrick can't play two games in three games anymore. Hope to see Mkhitarayan and Mata playing at the same time today.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    Would be nice to see him play but don't think we need Carrick or Schweinsteiger sitting deep in this one. We're home and West Ham are shit.
    Yeah I think you're right for this game, I'm talking more generally. Also if Jose thinks he can help us control the game if we have a slender lead he could be nice option from the bench.

A bit of a joke really. Who deserves to start over him? Rashford and Martial have both been absolutely shite.
    After having said words to the effect of 'he needs to kick on and produce this level of performance domestically' why the hell would Jose not even give him a chance to do just that? Strange if true.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
    Lingard will start ahead of Mkhitaryan. Mkhitaryan has only just returned from injury and getting to adjust to the league still. Lingard also looked very good against Feyernoord in the limited time he had.

I expect we will see this team.

De Gea
    Valencia Jones Rojo Darmian
    Herrera Pogba
    Mata Rooney Lingard
    Zlatan

It will be more like a 4141 with Pogba pushing up a lot.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    I'm expecting a tough game because most are these days.
    You're probably right, but no Reid means it could be Collins and Ogbonna. We've got to turn the screw on these guys. I also don't think Adrian's had a particularly steady season, so he needs testing.

Havak

Pokemon master
    de Gea
    Valencia Jones Blind Shaw
    Herrera Pogba
    Lingard Mata Rooney
    Ibrahimovic​

Leaning toward something like this right now. If Carrick's injury is true, then I'd rather we just wrap him in cotton wool until we play Everton away. Lingard probably deserves the start a bit more over Rashford and Martial right now, as it looks like Mkhitaryan is likely to be on the bench again. Herrera for Carrick, same defence with de Gea returning. Mata and Rooney played well, so should start again.

Changes will likely ring in for the mid-week game, probably seeing Romero, Darmian, Rojo, Rashford, Martial, and Mkhitaryan start. We have to win every game from now until Spurs (bar Zorya) if we want to stay in the running. Although, if we don't win today and Arsenal do, then I'd struggle to be optimistic that we can finish 4th, so changes may not happen in the League Cup as Jose would potentially prioritize that and Europe.

OohAahMartial

Lingard will start ahead of Mkhitaryan. Mkhitaryan has only just returned from injury and getting to adjust to the league still. Lingard also looked very good against Feyernoord in the limited time he had.

De Gea
    Herrera Pogba
    Mata Rooney Lingard
    Zlatan

Think this is most likely what Jose will do.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    More rumours from the M.E.N. :lol::lol:

‘Mole has been rumbled’
    There is one name on everyone’s lips in the press room: Schweinsteiger. Bild reported last night he was in the squad and there are more strong rumours this morning, since Michael Carrick is said to have suffered a slight injury and is out. That is, of course, unconfirmed and remains a rumour.

I’ve been told the ‘mole has been rumbled’, too. A team is circulating around this morning which includes Carrick, so that is probably wrong.

The line-up is: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Carrick, Pogba, Herrera, Mata, Ibrahimovic, Lingard or Rashford. Mourinho is onto these team news leaks, so don’t take the above team as gospel, especially since it sounds like Carrick won’t play today.

IF Schweinsteiger is brought back into the fold, it could reflect damningly on another midfielder, namely Morgan Schneiderlin, who was excluded from the matchday squad against Feyenoord. He might have picked up an injury, of course.

Don’t expect an explanation on selections until full-time, though. The game isn’t being televised in the UK and MUTV won’t get to talk to Mourinho pre-match, either, I’m told. Premier League TV might get to have a word with the United manager before kick-off.

13:36

m1y2

De Gea
    Herrera Pogba
    Mata Rooney Lingard
    Zlatan

agree with the lineup although I'd rather see Shaw who is still comfortably better than Darmian even out of form/best shape..

micky will come of the bench as he played the last game, no need to rush him into the starting lineup

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 349 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw