Kick-off
Wed, 22 July 2020 @ 6:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

Wow, just looking at Twitter and this forum, so many United fans were waiting for this moment from Pogba. Pathetic, support him for once, support the team.

TheGodsInRed

Life isn’t the matrix my guy. That ball isn’t coming at you in slow motion. About “head it” :lol: have you ever played football?
    Yeah, I played twice a week before lockdown. When it is coming towards my face, it is quicker to move my head down so it hits my forehead than bring my arms up to handball it.

When I was 8 years old I would handball it. But I grew up.

r0663664

Worships Man City
    Zero coaching from the side lines. Ole will sit on his butt and hopefully individual brilliance would bring us a goal. Nothing change in the last 18 months. No instructions on how to attack, where are the area that we have an advantage. I am tired of seeing Ole. No passion to the game. I wants passionate manager like Klopp.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    If it was the other way around and we didn’t get the pen I would absolutely lose my mind. It’s a pen.

pascell

We look well and truly burnt out. After the drinks break we've looked slow and lumbered, just like we did vs Chelsea.

We'll do well to get a win here, think it'll end up 2-1 West Ham or 1-1, it's just not clicking enough for us going forward.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
    Supports
    Sporting Clube de Portugal
    People are idiots. The rules are idiotic. Protecting your fecking head, when taking footballs to the head has been linked to brain injuries and dementia, shouldn't be punished.
    The rules are getting out of hand, I mean if the ball touches your hand no matter what it’s a pen. Simply absurd way of ruling such an important decision in football.

No Love

Never a pen in my opinion. Not a single person would let that ball hit them in the face.
    Bizarre post. He literally stopped it in a manner comparable to that of a goalkeeper. Even look down the leagues and they’re littered with players who would have taken that flush. It’s not even up for debate, it’s one of the first things instilled in you from a young age.

Stadjer

Jeez. Even Pogba knew he had been stupid the moment it happened.
    Ofcourse he knew that is was stupid but that doesnt mean he did it on purpose. It is a normal human reflex trying to protect your head when something is blasted towards it.

Pretty sure he regretted it the moment it touched his hands but i think it was a reflex to protect his face. Not something he did on purpose.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
    If I was ole I would send Pogba out with a helmet

Jack-C20

You know how when we’re chasing a game with ten minutes to go and everyone ups their tempo and it’s literally like an attacking/defending drill with the opposition team just sitting there taking it? Well I’m hoping the whole 2nd half is like that.

Hoping we get a goal and they throw in the towel.

BlueHaze

No, because i know that he is staying no matter what. And we will win this but not by 3 goals i guess. I was talking about hypothetical situation. Blessing in disguise and shit like that.
    How the f can you say this after that absolute shambolic 1st half?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Let’s be honest you can’t blame pogba for his reaction but he should have ducked rather than put his arms up.

instinct is instinct though.

anyway if we can’t score 2 against West Ham then what’s the point?

Krits

From what I can see, West Ham have figured out what our strengths are and stifled them. Fernandes, Martial and Greenwood. They have stifled them in the final 3rd.

Another problem for us have been that all our players are capable of brilliance. But they don't do it often enough and with enough conviction. I don't know if Fernandes is fatigued. But for the last 4 games, he has looked pretty average.

Rashford has been worse than average since the lockdown ended.

Pogba. Honestly, I know he is hugely talented. But he is Rolls Royce. He needs a lot of other parts of the team to function perfectly to create space for him. He isn't capable of creating space on his own. He doesn't beat his man often enough or without enough explosiveness to create that space. His passing can be very erratic.

At the end of it our Achilles heal is still teams that crowd out the final 3rd. Its because as a complete unit we can not exploit those tiny mistakes at a high tempo. Anytime you notice a space to exploit, the person on the ball either takes an extra touch or misplaces his pass.

I still think we are capable to be a top 4 team.

But honestly after 3 years of seeing Pogba play, even though at times he is our best player and can be capable of some amazing moments. I'd start building my team around other players and reinvest his sale in to a better functioning side.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
    Alright Grammar Squad:lol: I thought West Ham were offside for the shot onto Pogba.
    Grammar squad? I was being serious and questioning who you thought was offside. There's no offside that could be possible for the penalty. The ball hit Pogba before anybody could even receive a ball in an offside position.

fps

I believe in this team more than any other in the past 7 years. Come on boys! I reckon they have gas in the tank for the second half, having played within themselves in the first.

RyRoc

Absolute bollocks.
    Utter utter bollocks.
    Don’t blame pogba feck my life he’s a fecking pussy and anyone defending that is the same
    Fair enough if that’s what you think pal. Very easy to sit on your sofa and say you’d take a ball travelling that quick bang in the face. Even if you wanted to I personally think your natural instinct would be to put your hands up. It’s an error but let’s not pretend most Premier League players especially in the modern day wouldn’t do the same.

Macern

Pee pee pants
    Pathetic. Why do the players have to take 100 touches every time they get the ball? We’re never winning this, too easy to defend against.

Pav1878

Its half time and look at this!

knee jerkers all over this forum.
    It's not a kneejerk reaction when we've seen this shit time and again. It's literally the opposite of kneejerk if it has happened over a long period of time. In fact it's a considered reaction.

edgecutter

Pogba could have turned his back like mensah did, but he ducked and stuck his hands up, that's just stupid.

Superunknown

If we hadn't given away a stupid free kick in a dangerous position in the first place, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now over Pogba shielding his face. We didn't need to give that free kick away at all and it has indirectly cost us a 1-0 lead going into halftime. Just daft.

Dinghy

This is exactly like the Cardiff game last season. Fecking hell, if we don't look a lot better in the second half I'm done with this team.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
    We had complete control of the game up until that moment. Besides Lindelof getting outmuscled 5 yards from goal but other than that, we were dominant.
    You really hate him don’t you? He was tackled square in the back while heading the ball and anyone who has watched 2min of football knows that’s not being “outmuscled”, it’s a free kick.

baskinginthesun

Might be wrong but the only two times I can ever remember DDG saving a penalty was the Everton FA Cup semi final against Lukaku and the 8-2 Arsenal game against RVP.

When the opposition get a penalty, I just know it’s going to be a goal.
    He also saved a pen against Leighton Baines during the 2-1 win at Old Trafford under LVG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 303 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw