Kick-off
Tue, 9 February 2021 @ 7:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

The manager has to be disappointed with many of the fringe players today. All have looked a clear step down.

Can’t take a pen now!
    Fringe players? It’s basically a full team bar Shaw and Bruno. I guess you can argue Martial isn’t in the first 11 now too.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    Send on Diallo. At least give us something to get excited about.

Withnail

Ole tries to actively handicap our game with his stubbornness about subs. The only game where he was happy to make subs was when we were 4-0 up. Otherwise be it that time when we are looking for an opening goal (like today) or the ones where we are trying to score a few more and secure our win (like Everton), Ole just would not make a sub.
    And even when he makes, it is predictable. One could easily say who is getting subbed off. You don't even need to look at what is happening in the game.

He seems to be a fan of handicapped matches like the ones in WWE.
    Ok mate so he shouldn't have brought on Cavani or Fernandes because it's 'predictable'

He should have thrown a curve ball and put on James and Tuanzebe.

Giggsy13

If Rashford finishes that chance, like he fecking should have, we likely win this without having to stick Bruno and Cavani out there.

Ollie Derbyshire

Rashford and Martial have been so poor for so long now, hardly any combination play, it’s as if they’ve agreed to just play on their own this year. Ole must see this and be trying to get them working together a bit more, surely?

always_hoping

Didn't need extra time in already busy schedule. How negative was Moyes in that 90 minutes, 35% possession two shots on goal and zero on target. Wolves had more ambition going forward.

eire-red

Bring on Diallo to feck, and maybe sub AWB and rest him for the weekend.

Very tepid stuff, and you get what you deserve at this level. If we don't win we have nobody else to blame.

Acole9

Outstanding
    Bringing on Shaw when Telles is a penalty taker. The coaching staff have probably been discussing that for 30 minutes.

Ranchero

Maguire & Lindelof both missing the header there
    I have said many times, we are lacking woefully defensively. Maguire and Lindelof don't work as a partnership. And this exposed itself most recently in the first minutes of the second half against Everton. Woeful defending. Our shape for defending set pieces is so wayward. Every player in the penalty box, with no outlet when there is a clearance, and even then every player is not properly marked.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
    Martial and Rashford are going to be the players that will get Ole the sack eventually....

There was no need to take Greenwood off again when he was doing well
    I think it will be the fact he isnt a very good manager that will get him the sack. Mcfred playing against this west ham team just shows how conservative he is
    For all the good that Ole has done, tis forum will never and I repeat NEVER give him the credit he deserves, always looking elsewhere and that the grass is always greener. Wishing and hoping for some sort of hipster manager. Just because.

McFred is a good partnership, yet they've become the CAF's whipping boys now Lingard has gone. CAF's always gotta have a person to blame eh? That's the rules.

Ole is the anti-viagara. Brings Diallo but had no intention of bringing him on, even in the F. A. Cup where Liverpool and City throw their youth in.
    .....and you know this how?

So all of Ole's introduction of youth is for nothing now that Diallo hasn't been brought on?

Let's not forget this lad is only 18 and is settling in to a new country. The weight that this forum puts on this lad is gonna lead for an upset if this lad doesn't hit the ground running.

As much love as I have for Ole - The guys subs are mind boggling.

I swear he has a set plan at minute 0 which he sticks to regardless of performance. And don't get me started on the 'Only after the 80th minute rule'. Drives me mad.
    That's not true, the amount of times the team has changed formation or the way they play at half time and it's been beneficial.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    Didn't take advantage of the 1st half superiority and now we're naturally panicking.

And Fred, jesus, backwards and sideways all the time with him.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
    Instead of pens they should just play overnight till someone scores.

Imagine going for a nap for a couple of hours and come back to see the score 0-0 :drool:

slored1

Worst football match I've watched at Old Trafford since 2015/16 season. Literally nothing happened.

United Hobbit

The other thing about Greenwood going off, is I'd have more confidence in him scoring his penalty than I do Rashy or Martial in current form

Have we even had a shot on target

Who do we suppose takes a penalty?

Rashy, Bruno, Cavani, Martial and I guess Mc T?

SirScholes

I’m really starting to get fed up with rashford, where has this arrogant walk round the pitch come from, the no run up switch of play that hardly ever works, throwing his hands up and dropping his head when a pass doesn’t reach him?
    I’d of taken him off and left greenwood on

Teja

Get Diallo on for Rashford. Atleast he gets a rest and Martial can play on the left.

Ludens the Red

Our bottom level can be absolutely horrific :lol:
    Makeshift West Ham team with one centre back and kids on the pitch and we’re acting as if they’re peak AC Milan 2003.

No Spring Chicken

Pretty poor second half performance. They've been looking to spoil the game all match with a tonne of men in the box, but we should still have quality to do something about it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    It's not about player selection. With players like these we should be playing better football. Simple
    I think people understand how difficult it is to play against the tactics West Ham are employing here. There’s no space to counter and no space close to goal. It’s anti-football.

diarm

That is one of the worst games of football I've ever watched. And I'm an Ireland fan who watched almost every game under Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho.

Just the complete absence of quality on either side. 25-30 lads who don't fancy being outside in the cold going through the motions. Absolute shambles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 234 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw