Kick-off
Sun, 14 March 2021 @ 7:15pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

Why the hell would you ever put James at right back? Mental.
    I think it’s more a case of getting AWB off the pitch. It’s pretty embarrassing to be seeing what other full backs in the league do offensively compared to him.

I’m not even talking about getting crosses in, he can’t even make 10 yard passes a lot of the time.

Jev

Got a little bit better towards the end of the half after an awful start. We're controlling and West Ham are not even trying to attack, hopefully we can up the tempo and precision a lot after the break.

Foxbatt

If Moyes was our manager we would be playing this way. If Ole was the West Ham manager would he be playing like this too?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    I'd honestly see if Telles or Shaw can play right back, I am losing my rag with AWB on what seems like a weekly basis at the moment.
    I wonder if AWB could be converted to CB. He has a natural talent for defensive work and he's still young enough.

I mean why not?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Painful first half, not helped by Moyesie setting up like Burnley's way more negative tribute act.

Rashford is a bit thick
    He's one of the main culprits for our zombie tempo. Not just tonight either.

Way too often puts his foot on the ball and slows everything down, takes 8 touches when 1 will do, first touch frequently puts him in trouble and needs another one to actually get the ball under control.

Prime example that fast players don't necessarily lead to fast football.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Ole has done his job in getting the team proactively pressing but the quality isn't there. I feel we are more than just a Haaland away from having a full fearful attack.

AshRK

We have some painfully average footballers on the ball. Awb, fred, Mctominay, james, even rashford. And not like rest are amazing either.

Siorac

Tedious but entirely predictable. At least we're firmly in control even if we don't look like scoring at all.

slored1

Moyes building a fecking Chinese wall in front of their goal. Fred and AWB poor. Greenwood and Lindelof have both been solid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    I’d genuinely take off AWB, put James at right back and put diallo on.

always_hoping

33% possession with no shot on goal or target. Without a doubt that West ham team under Moyes are the most defensive and negative team that has played in Old Trafford this season

Rashford should have scored that first header chance, Greenwood has looked lively. Hopefully football is a winner 2nd half and Man United win.

Abraxas

I don't think we were too bad today. Of all the laboured performances we've seen against this type of setup this hasn't been one of the worse ones. Which is an admittedly low benchmark.

Can see they're trying to do things a bit quicker and we're making an effort to really push up and dominate, we just seem to lack the technical ability in a few areas, speed of thought, and timing of runs which constantly lets us down. We're always one moment away from losing the ball, especially when we speed things up due to deficiency of touch and weight of pass.

We just need to not give away sloppy set pieces and keep at it. Not much more this lot can do. Hopefully something will happen.

justsomebloke

We have no idea how to break down deep lying teams. You’d think by now the coaches might of realised this is now we struggle?

we clearly do no work towards it. It’s infuriating
    Oh come off it. We've been demolishing deep lying teams with regularity for a year now. Not every time, but usually.

Art

Art the artist
    I didn’t realize we need to buy a second player for the same position to motivate the first player to play better. We finally see Shaw playing like he should’ve been in the first place, and now the same for AWB this summer I guess.

Hughie77

How good an advert for the premier league this game is. West Ham not moving at all, this is what happens when teams come to OT for a draw. It's tough game to get through these teams, Rashford header should have hit target. Good save off Greenwood.
    2nd half will be the same there not moving looking for set pieces or a break, a bit of quality from Utd we get break through here.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Think we were actually ok there, all things considered.

We're essentially playing without a striker v 10 men, we've done well to create the chances/move the ball the way we have.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    It's pretty dire football, but we should still be up here. A very poor miss from Rashford and a great save from Greenwood. Can't really blame West Ham for playing like they are when it's so effective against us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    I'd honestly take awb of at ht for amad. Play James rb high and wide. Amad tucked in a bit.

No need to Victor maguire and awb. Play 3 at the back
    This man gets it. AWB is a passenger when not asked to defend regularly

Adamsk7

I wonder if AWB could be converted to CB. He has a natural talent for defensive work and he's still young enough.

I mean why not?
    Probably because he has the footballing intelligence of a mid 90's playstation football AI player

AshRK

Ole has done his job in getting the team proactively pressing but the quality isn't there. I feel we are more than just a Haaland away from having a full fearful attack.
    To be fair in games like these you do need a proper center forward who can take those half chances. Even city struggled against this westh side 2 weeks ago. The likes of James, Mctominay and fred are just not good enough on the ball.

arnie_ni

Agree. Would put more pressure on WestHam
    I'd effectively be playing two the back. Shaw and James high and wide. Rash amad close to Greenwood. Bruno in the hole.

Fred and mct have to be awake to the counter.

Even Williams who is better attacking that awb.

VivaRonaldo85

Moyes’ tactic is to bore us all to death and Antonio to nick one on the counter. I think we can/will score second half but it could get ugly.

CasaStreets

We are amazing at making it seem like we are not a good team because we refuse to finish dead-to-rights chances.

Thursday , McGuire and James. Today, Rashford.

Can't wait to see who misses a sitter in the second half.

Rustyspider13

Apart from AWB, most of the team have played well enough considering their ability. But against such a negative setup you have to take the first chance. Unfortunately Rashford didn't. West Ham desperately want a 0-0 or jammy set piece goal. Ole needs to give Amad at least 20 mins if it stays 0-0, just for something different.

laughtersassassin

Frustrating to not be ahead. Rashford should have scored.

Greenwood done everything right on his chance.

Right side needs changing. James hasn't need involved at all

RUCK4444

We need a few players making runs ffs, for some reason we like making it easy for clubs to park the bus.

Need a few breaking through the lines from midfield. Movement.

Devil may care

They keep mentioning the lack of runs from the forwards but I think part of it is down to them wondering who is going to play them in as neither of our midfielders have it in their locker 95% of the time. I thought Shaw, Bruno and Mason started to get a hold of the game in the last 15 minutes, Mason looking our biggest threat.

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    It’s frustrating that on the very rare occasion we get a ball in the box, we have only 1 player in there. I’d like to see Rashford and James further forward.

Bruno is also playing too deep as he’s not getting any space but that takes away a forward player. We could sacrifice either of McFred and drop Bruno back into a no.8 and put on another forward player.

We need more in the final third

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 291 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win