Kick-off
Sun, 30 October 2022 @ 4:15pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ..................VS.......................

Date: Sunday, October 30 2022
    Kickoff Time: 1615 Hrs GMT
    Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester

Premier League form guide

6. Manchester United: LWDWD
    10. West Ham: WWDLW

Previous League Meetings

Manchester United 1—0 West Ham

West Ham 1—2 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—0 West Ham

West Ham 1—3 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—1 West Ham

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 63
    West Ham wins: 40
    Draws: 29

Pre-Match Pressers

Erik ten Hag

David Moyes

Team News

Manchester United

Raphaël Varane, Axel Tuanzebe and Brandon Williams ruled out. Anthony Martial doubtful.

West Ham

Lucas Paquetá and Maxwel Cornet, Nayef Aguerd, Craig Dawson and Jarrod Bowen ruled out.

Know the opposition

West Ham United Football Club (nicknamed The Irons, The Hammers, and The Academy of Football) are a professional football club based in Upton Park, East London. They were founded in 1895 by foreman and local league referee Dave Taylor and owner Arnold Hills as Thames Ironworks F.C. - a strictly amateur football club with a team featuring a number of works employees. During the summer of 1898, Thames Ironworks F.C. became a professional outfit for the first time, to match their new status as members of the Southern League Second Division, and were promoted to the First Division at the first attempt following a decision to enlarge the top division of the Southern League to 19 teams. After growing disputes over the running and financing of the club in June 1900, Thames Ironworks F.C. resigned from the Southern League and were officially wound up. On 5 July 1900 they reformed under the new name of West Ham United and accepted an offer of the Southern League place left vacant by Thames Ironworks.

West Ham's most successful period started with the appointment of Ron Greenwood in 1961 - leading to FA Cup, League Cup and Cup Winners' Cup titles - with youth team graduates Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters at the forefront. Their nickname The Academy of Football pays homage to the club's proud tradition in English football for playing entertaining, attacking football - and the success of the club in coaching future greats - which includes that aforementioned trio of World Cup winners, Trevor Brooking, Paul Ince, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Jermaine Defoe and Michael Carrick. West Ham's most prominent rivals are local clubs Millwall (Dockers derby - one of the longest-standing and most bitter in English football), Chelsea (East versus West London rivalry), and Tottenham Hotspur (East versus North London derby). They played their home games at the now demolished Boleyn Ground (often referred to as Upton Park) from 1904 to 2016, and moved to the London Olympic Stadium at the start of the 2016/ 2017 League season.

Referee

Chris Kavanagh.

Familiar Faces

David Moyes (2013—14)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Team should be...

-------------------De Gea-------------------
    Dalot--Lindelof--Martinez--Shaw
    -----------------Casemiro-----------------
    ----Fernandes----------Eriksen----
    Antony------Rashford------Garnacho

Subs: Heaton, Maguire, Malacia, McTominay, Fred, VDB, Sancho, Ronaldo, Iqbal

Bwuk

Team should be...

-------------------De Gea-------------------
    Dalot--Lindelof--Martinez--Shaw
    -----------------Casemiro-----------------
    ----Fernandes----------Eriksen----
    Antony------Rashford------Garnacho

Subs: Heaton, Maguire, Malacia, McTominay, Fred, VDB, Sancho, Ronaldo, Iqbal
    Agreed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    De Gea
    Dalot Lindelof Martinez Shaw
    Casemiro Eriksen
    Antony Bruno Sancho
    Rashford​

Not many difficulties picking our lineup these days.

ManRed

Even though I would love to see Garnacho starting this one, I think ETH will stick with Sancho on the left and Rashford through the middle.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    Garnacho is the real deal. He’ll probably come on at some point. I’m just worried Maguire starts for some inexplicable reason.

Chief123

It’s a shame we’re playing them after they had a decent win last weekend. Otherwise they could have been going into this game with the pressure of potentially being bottom of the league.

I’ve got a pessimistic feeling this is going to be another draw where we struggle to break them down.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    My first game of the season, so I do apologise for the result.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Don't see this line-up being much different from the Chelsea game. Main differences will be that Lindelof obviously starts in place of Varane and we'll actually have options off the bench!

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    I think Maguire comes in for his height, not that I would chose it and despite how Garnacho performed I can't see him starting just yet, Eriksen also played a full 90 and isn't the most physical so can maybe see him being dropped and us going with something like:

DDG
    Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw
    Casemiro Fred
    Antony Fernandes (Sancho/ Elanga)
    Rashford

I'd be starting Lindelof over Maguire and Garnacho showed enough for me to give him a chance especially when Elanga/ Sancho haven't made that spot their own this term.

pacifictheme

I think I would like to see Fred start instead of Bruno or eriksen, probably Bruno, to give him a rest.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    As will remain the case until we get Martial back - we just need to pray we get enough reward for playing well. 1 goal wins will do me fine until we make it to the World Cup, but the fear of losses and draws will always remain while we struggle to score goals (although we scored 3 against Sherriff so perhaps I’ve imagined this ;) ).

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    As will remain the case until we get Martial back - we just need to pray we get enough reward for playing well. 1 goal wins will do me fine until we make it to the World Cup, but the fear of losses and draws will always remain while we struggle to score goals (although we scored 3 against Sherriff so perhaps I’ve imagined this ;) ).
    Watching you closely pal.

Lebowski

Garnacho is the real deal. He’ll probably come on at some point. I’m just worried Maguire starts for some inexplicable reason.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Maguire is chosen over Lindelof given the aerial threat of Scammaca etc and how physical West Ham are. It'd be harsh on Lindelof as he's deserved his spot as first backup, but I can understand Ten Hag preferring slabhead for this game.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    Ronaldo will probably play because we will need Rashford on the left since Sancho was dropped.
    Ronaldo has been quite lucky this season to get so many minutes.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Get excited every time we play now and that’s down to the massive improvement in style of play. Love exciting football and especially if it brings us wins. Let’s keep the momentum going!! #GGMU

Mike Smalling

People are quite trigger happy with starting Garnacho. Let's be real, the Premier League is an entirely different animal to spanking a hapless Sheriff side at home - especially against a competent West Ham side. I would continue easing him in.

Foxbatt

Has Moyes been talking about his usual " when I was The Manager at Manchester United" stuff?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 388 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw