Kick-off
Wed, 15 January 2020 @ 7:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

stu_1992

Pretty much full strength other than Rashford. I know Ole mentioned he's carrying a knock but not sure this was the game to rest him. But sure, we'll see. I understand wanting him fit and fresh for Liverpool but this I'd argue is more important for our season.

Stadjer

People complaining about Lingard on the bench now hehe. How long will people go just so they can attack players they do not like.
    It is just a bit strange... you want to bring on an attack minded player when you want something to happen. The last yaer has proven that Lingard isnt likely to score or assist so why bring him? He also doesnt offer something special so that you can forgive his lack of assist/goals.. unless you count running ofcourse :lol:

always_hoping

Wolves have gone full strength I see. Old Trafford doesn't carry a fear factor anymore and Wolves recently should have got a result in Anfield. Don't be surprised if it takes penalties to find a winner tonight!

Paul_Scholes18

It is just a bit strange... you want to bring on an attack minded player when you want something to happen. The last yaer has proven that Lingard isnt likely to score or assist so why bring him? He also doesnt offer something special so that you can forgive his lack of assist/goals.. unless you count running ofcourse :lol:
    We will bring on Rashford anyway if it comes to that. We got no other good options. Lingard can have his uses too even if his recent form has been poor. Chong and Gomez haven't really played themselves into deserving a spot ahead of him.

Djemba-Djemba

We will bring on Rashford anyway if it comes to that. We got no other good options. Lingard can have his uses too even if his recent form has been poor. Chong and Gomez haven't really played themselves into deserving a spot ahead of him.
    Recent form?

It's been over a year.

Teja

Let's win it. I think this side has enough in it to beat Wolves. Come on United!

mu4c_20le

Ole is probably playing Lingard to shop him around in the window. Gomes head is already turned and will leave on a free.

Snafu17

He will play play his fourth game in a row, with his fifth likely coming against Liverpool on Sunday, in about two weeks time, in his first season as a professional footballer. It's difficult enough for an experienced player in his physical prime to regularly perform in a demanding schedule like this, never mind for someone who's as young and all action as Williams is.

Ban

He will play play his fourth game in a row, with his fifth likely coming against Liverpool on Sunday, in about two weeks time, in his first season as a professional footballer. It's difficult enough for an experienced player in his physical prime to regularly perform in a demanding schedule like this, never mind for someone who's as young and all action as Williams is.
    Jesus he has recently emerged as a 1st team player, now suddenly he plays too much..

Paul_Scholes18

Recent form?

It's been over a year.
    People go way over the top with Lingard. He has started in most of our big wins this season and done alright.
    He started well under Ole before he got injuried even if he didn't score any league goals in 2019.
    Has mostly been a sub anyway.
    People focus too much on Lingard when it comes to us.
    For a squad player he has been ok up to his last month when he could barely even pass the ball.

I guess the biggest problem is that we lack a top quality attacking midfielder for that role.

dutchred

Looks like Gomes is gone. Shame really. Such a talented footballer. I hope we don't buy him back in a couple of years for 200M

PoTMS

People go way over the top with Lingard. He has started in most of our big wins this season and done alright.
    He started well under Ole before he got injuried even if he didn't score any league goals in 2019.
    Has mostly been a sub anyway.
    People focus too much on Lingard when it comes to us.
    For a squad player he has been ok up to his last month when he could barely even pass the ball.

I guess the biggest problem is that we lack a top quality attacking midfielder for that role.
    Nah, pretty much all of this is wrong. You are seriously deluded if you think it was only up until a month ago he turned to shit.

Asger

Gomes did more in last game than Lingard have done in months attacking wise.

Snafu17

Jesus he has recently emerged as a 1st team player, now suddenly he plays too much..
    I think he's playing too much at once for someone who likely hasn't stopped developing physically. I'm saying we should rest him at one point, I'm not even criticising anyone, I didn't realise this was such a blasphemous opinion.

Maybe you could try and change my mind, with some well thought out arguments, instead of these incredibly hilarious, snarky and monumentally pointless one liners.

Gasolin

I just can’t understand why Lingard is still ahead of Gomes. No wonder Gomes doesn’t want to sign a new contract.
    It's the other way around. He doesn't want to sign a contract, so for us, he's out of the team already because he will leave on a free.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    I like our line up and notable that Wolves have gone strong too.

Hope that Mata can continue his form from the weekend, while Greenwood out wide won’t be burdened by having to lead the line.

Fancy us to play well and win tonight.

King Andow

yes, and no Gomes. But Tahith Chong will "be out to reward Solkjaer" with his 5 minute cameo in a meaningless FA Cup replay. We deserve to lose both of them.
    And no Levitt, who's fit and is also a superior talent.

joedirt87

It's the other way around. He doesn't want to sign a contract, so for us, he's out of the team already because he will leave on a free.
    but maybe if we actually played him he would change his mind?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Bit random but for any Indian resident fans on the caf, do you know what channel its shown on today? Is it Starsports? If so which one?

I am currently walking about Mumbai trying to find a spot that shows the game but its a 130am kick off on a Wednesday :lol:

Ban

I think he's playing too much at once for someone who likely hasn't stopped developing physically. I'm saying we should rest him at one point, I'm not even criticising anyone, I didn't realise this was such a blasphemous opinion.

Maybe you could try and change my mind, with some well thought out arguments, instead of these incredibly hilarious, snarky and monumentally pointless one liners.
    :lol:
    Quit the drama please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 224 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win