Sat, 1 February 2020 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
    Wolves are diving bastards, Luke Shaw our best attacker. Trash.

Pereira off, get a footballer on.

lex talionis

Disjoined, but dominating so far. Martial needs to figure out what kind of forward he wants to be and commit to it. It's plain as can be he's not a target man but a forward who likes to square up from the left, take his man and create the chance or shot. That's his game and he can be outstanding when with that game. We're short on strikers now but he cannot contribute in this role.

FujiVice

Genuinely think we could sign Mbappe, Neymar and Messi and we'd go into half time happy with a decent share of the possession. Ole's such an uninspired manager.

el3mel

Martial and James have been wasting pretty much everything they got. Our attack are dying at legs.

I'll put on Williams and Greenwood for them. Please ffs stop this atrocious Martial being striker idea and let Greenwood play there till Rashford returns.

Bruno has been the only player that looks like he can do staff with the ball. I just hope we won't turn him to shite after few months of playing with us like the previous good signings who seem to forget how actual football is played once they train enough with Manchester United players.

marktan

A little fed up watching James and Martial fecking about, week in, week out. Must be nice knowing that no matter how bad you play, your place is secure for the following fixture.
    Yeah our attack is piss poor. And when it's supported by Wan Bissaka and Like Shaw out wide, it doesn't really help.

KennyBurner

Imagining having to rely on James and Mata/AWB for width? This reminds me of the times we only went down the left only that were much worse.
    Id take James out for greenwood and move martial to the left. We need some trickery there because wolves have crowded the middle.

Also ole has to instruct martial to be more direct and some trying to one touch everytime. Its just not going to work. We have to many playmakers including martial.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Mata can't come off, not before James, Martial or Pereira.
    It would be a tactical sub rather than one based on performance. Mata is causing congestion in the middle of the park due to his refusal to stay in his position.

I'd take him off at half-time if I were Ole.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
    I am not going to call out anyone. What I will say is it disgusts me how often the players in our squad will pick the easy pass instead of try to open the game up. The space is there in behind Wolves. They are not defending that well. However, every time it appears the player on the ball chickens out of trying the killer pass. Some of those out there are contributing as much to our attack as the Wolves defence.

Crashoutcassius

This isn't James type game Vs one of the deepest sides in the league

Andreas is just the worst cm we have seen play this many games for United

I think martial would be fine with the play going on around him .. still not the ideal player for this type of game at all

Ibi Dreams

Wow, we had one shot on goal in 45 minutes

Fernandes had a decent half, passing looks nice and he's moving around well always trying to get the ball. Our players don't seem to want to pass to him when there are Wolves players near him, he's often trying to pick up some space that's a bit tight and nobody wants to try giving him the ball there

Bobski

We have been poor, but Wolves have not taken advantage of some great situations. Traore gets so much hype but in all these games against Utd he is so wasteful, never feel like he is going to produce anything.

Bruno has been bright, his touch and movement stands out but we are as disjointed as ever.

Flying high

Dead atmosphere, dead match.

Why are wolves so negative with all the talent they have?

Alabaster Codify7

What was that, then?
    A few takeaways from that poor excuse for a half-game of football.

1) Maguire has been great.

2) Bruno looks comfortable out there and is clearly much better than our other midfielders/attackers.

3) Martial is definitely THE most over-rated player we have ever had at the club since I've been following United. He is so average it's unbelievable, I have no idea where this 'world class potential' is but I've never seen it. I've seen an average winger score a handful of very good goals, and that's it. If Ole relies on this bloke again next season, we'll have another season of scoring less goals than a lot of midtable teams.

fergosaurus

Man United v Wolves must be the most dull fixture in the calendar. Bore fest every time and we seem to have to play them 6 times a season.
    No doubt we'll get them in the Europa League. Such a frustrating team to play against :boring:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
    Supports
    Sporting CP
    Bruno is playing way too deep, there aren't enough runs in behind when he has the ball and other players need to be quicker to spot him when he's on the edge of the box. He missed the one chance he had but that's going in more often than not.

Dve

It would be a tactical sub rather than one based on performance. Mata is causing congestion in the middle of the park due to his refusal to stay in his position.

I'd take him off at half-time if I were Ole.
    And replace him with... hm.... hm.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
    As bad as it gets. The type of bad where you can see that the future isn't bright. The team is just poorly assembled. The players just don't bring out the best in each other, they don't play on the same wavelength and some don't have the capacity to do so.

Pereira is Solkjaer's son.
    Mata, bless his heart, slows this team down.
    Luke Shaw is 2 steps behind. The leg break killed his career as a top player.
    Anthony Martial is baked.
    Lindelof is just not good enough.
    Wan Bissaka is being misused.
    James, where are ya me'boy? Where are ya?

The new guy is alright.

yamo123x

Erm that was very poor. Slow no movement
    Mata pereira both invisible and waste of space. James looks lost. Martial looks half arsed again.
    Has shaw passed forward more than once?

Maguire Fred both positives.
    Take off James and mata..Greenwood on as a centre forward and put martial left and dalot right midfield

Cliche Guevara

No, Martial needs a ST next to him. He's fantastic in a striking partnership. He's effectively having to do it all himself. James and AWB have killed so many attack with Martial in the box.
    Bollocks. Every time he gets the ball he loses it.

Martial needs to be called out on what he does or doesn’t do when he’s actually on the ball. That’s nobody else’s fault.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
    Frustrating. Bruno looks promising. Need an upgrade on Pereira

UDontMessWith24

Almost every time Martial came deep he held up the ball and was either fouled or opened space behind him because they want to sit deep. Unfortunately Ole’s at the wheel so we keep knocking balls in behind when there’s no room between the center backs and goalie. Greenwood would be so much better suited for Wolves are defending.

rooney2009

I don’t understand all the negativity about Martial
    He literally has 4 defenders around him when He gets the ball
    We have no plan and this is a poorly managed Team,
    Everyone knows how Wolves play so you’ve got to set traps and have a plan for them
    This is not about the players but we still have not found a way to break Teams down with a low defensive block.
    No plan B whatsoever...

0le

Martial has been here several seasons now, and the jury is still out with him. He has the talent but he is probably the most frustrating player in the team.

Full bodied red

I can't remember the last time I was so bored watching us.

Excited, angry, frustrated, ashamed....Been like that almost every match since SAF left us.

But never bored like I am today.

Is it our style or Wolves style that's making me feel this way ??

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    Disjoined, but dominating so far. Martial needs to figure out what kind of forward he wants to be and commit to it. It's plain as can be he's not a target man but a forward who likes to square up from the left, take his man and create the chance or shot. That's his game and he can be outstanding when with that game. We're short on strikers now but he cannot contribute in this role.
    What do you expect from him? He clearly needs help, and is having to play 9, 7 and 11 out there. James is no threat at all, and Martial is just surrounded by central midfielders.

We need Greenwood on as Martial is 1 vs 3, only so much he can do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 28% of 322 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 317 ratings.

Score Predictions